2000, i was there...

An old player returning? A newbie? Introduce yourself!
Reactions: 0

2000, i was there...

Post by Secuor »

and 16 years later i'm going to enjoy this game again thanks to SOF loyal community.

I'm not surprised that this game has a such community which keep this game alive because in those early days i knew this game potential was huge and has something very unique.

Actually i stop playing game a long time ago and my last consoles are N64 and the Dreamcast. For some reason i lost the video game interest and especially modern ones. Strangely i like play older games that i played as kid and so i though to make some search about SOF again and which brought me here.

I install the game but didn't play yet, i will redo the solo game again to bring some sweet memories again and later i"ll do some multi for sure but first i'll focus on solo to let the clean the rust a bit :)

About multi, back in 2000 i was very active on multi, far as i can remember my most used nickname was " Wings East ". At some point i remember gettin sometimes kicked because they accuse me of cheating due to nice kill ratio :D But i promise you that in my multiplayer gamer experience i never cheat once, so i was feeling bad to get those ban i remember :(

So that all guys, thanks for reading and hope to see you on some games soon :)

Cheers and thanks to everyone who keep this game alive ;)
Reactions: 14

Re: 2000, i was there...

Post by Evil4N »

Secuor wrote: I'm not surprised that this game has a such community which keep this game alive because in those early days i knew this game potential was huge and has something very unique.
I am amused. I accept your gesture of glorification towards me.
Reactions: 6

Post by Fuckemup »

Welcome back.
Dont get lost in the server list and all its servers and players tho man.

Post by Secuor »

Fuckemup wrote:Welcome back.
Nobody is playing multi anymore ? is that what you mean ? Btw everytime i check the server they're always empty.
Reactions: 1

Post by MinatO »

Secuor wrote:
Nobody is playing multi anymore ? is that what you mean ? Btw everytime i check the server they're always empty.
Most of the activity (it's not much) is in the evening and even more so on Sunday evenings.

Post by Secuor »

MinatO wrote:
Secuor wrote:
Most of the activity (it's not much) is in the evening and even more so on Sunday evenings.
Which servers usually ?
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

Wait...what? Multiple servers?

:huh:

Post by Prorace »

:dry: :dry: .. Isn't it Uncle Cornetto ?

Post by Kyuss »

The servers were kinda dying down when I last played 10 years ago. You only had a few ppl playing CTF. Orange Crush and a couple others like Kaiser Sosa, PoorSoul and Fragman aka BeatMeSilly.. I am not sure who plays what now. This game was vintage for its time. The servers were few and far between back then as well. The euro servers I would ping like 323 or something et in hell 1 or say the Doghouse I'd be at 28 or 30. I have no idea who runs the servers now. I just think of the memories back when I started in 99ish and sucked and progressed. It got kinda boring when people started wall hacking and using double tap with the shooting.
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

Kyuss wrote: 13 Oct 2022, 02:11 back when I started in 99ish
JR, is that you?