Equal ping for everyone

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
Reactions: 9

Re: Equal ping for everyone

Post by Emirate »

butcha wrote:
Pazey wrote:
Emirate wrote:To be honest...i notice very little difference between my 15 ping from 1,5 week ago and the 35/40 I have now and had before some years back. As long as your net is stable (this might be the biggest problem for the pl players among us) and you don't ping more than 40 higher than your opponent you're good to go. Anything below might cause a slight disadvantage around corners but let's be honest, 40ms on a 1500 ms reaction ain't that spectaculair. It might be the difference between 50 or 55 frags, but ping won't win you a match, let's not make it bigger than it is...
I agree ive had all kinds of ping over the years from 200-150-110-60-30-18 i have no idea where this 15 ping vs 60 for example debate came from ive noticed no difference between them personally its only when you start hitting 80-100 does it feel like you have to aim ahead of people like in the US servers

Now when you go in your own server with 5 ping that i would definitely say is an advantage cause theres literally no delay at all and you can feel it 100%
yea but u might not notice.. but iv noticed emirate is "easier" when he pings 40 than 20/ when he plays on the swedish server compared to the dutch one. especially on jpn.

ofc pings matter, atleast fragwise. 40-30 i dont notice any diffrence but when u compare to 10-12.. its like when ur on ur own server.. and i as u, played with anything between 200 and 20.
Can't really go into the debate, never had 12 ping and never had ping above 50 (for a long period of time that is). Within the range 15-50 I barely notice a difference. I do notice a huge difference between wifi and cable though. a 40 wifi ping is way more laggier than a 40 cable ping.

Don't know much about those cables going internationally but UK players used to have a shit connection to dutch servers, maybe because the cable goes through the see to france or something? I dnno, maybe it's the same for scandinavia, just some packetloss along the way. Just a wild guess though.
Reactions: 5

Post by Trekker »

Fuckemup wrote:
3klnk4jh wrote:The ping equalizer will never be released. Most of the work is done by Linux netem, so it won't work on Windows.

I won't write an essay about how it works, but abuse and lag spikes should be handled correctly by the algorithm: The target ping for all players will be the highest of the lowest recorded pings of each player, or if that is higher than a configured maximum, that maximum ping will be used instead. So pings of spectators are ignored and if player gets a lag spike, the higher ping during that lag spike will also be ignored.
Thats bad news man, 98 % of sof looked forward to this patch/mod even some who didn't have the game installed anymore..  Its a pity.  (only Evilan,Trekker,Emirate,Huso Not)

Isn't it possible to get it working on windows Ctrl?
If possible, im sure many here would like to help you out - atleast I can, without taking any credits.. but on other hand, im a complete newb when it comes to computers and programming but tell me what to do, ill try =D

Let me be your Test-Rabbit, please CTRL  :dntknw:  :biggrin:
I never joined any clans, never played TCL, SFL nor have I ever participated in any 2V2 tourneys, so, what I like or dislike, really does not matter. I don't care win or loss and am here just because I like this game. Keep me out of this :)

This decision making is a few years like decade and a half too late, else, the Dial Up players would've most definitely "forced" changes.

I think you guys should just play for fun on the servers and have WoW leagues/ tourneys here on the Forum (The war of words) Maternal insults = Ban, best and fastest comeback 15 points and so on ... you get the idea.
Reactions: 0

Post by maker »

TotalitioN wrote:I noticed maker puts His sight down to take screenshot ..
Why is That maker ..
Why u dont show ur walls to us ...

I can give you settings so you can boost your skill a bit.
Reactions: 3

Post by TotalitioN »

WoW maker u started up sof without wh on to take screenshot just for me .. WoW
Just WoW