Equal ping for everyone

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
Reactions: 14

Re: Equal ping for everyone

Post by Evil4N »

Fuckemup wrote:
3klnk4jh wrote:The ping equalizer will never be released. Most of the work is done by Linux netem, so it won't work on Windows.

I won't write an essay about how it works, but abuse and lag spikes should be handled correctly by the algorithm: The target ping for all players will be the highest of the lowest recorded pings of each player, or if that is higher than a configured maximum, that maximum ping will be used instead. So pings of spectators are ignored and if player gets a lag spike, the higher ping during that lag spike will also be ignored.
Thats bad news man, 98 % of sof looked forward to this patch/mod even some who didn't have the game installed anymore..  Its a pity.  (only Evilan,Trekker,Emirate,Huso Not)

Isn't it possible to get it working on windows Ctrl?
If possible, im sure many here would like to help you out - atleast I can, without taking any credits.. but on other hand, im a complete newb when it comes to computers and programming but tell me what to do, ill try =D

Let me be your Test-Rabbit, please CTRL  :dntknw:  :biggrin:
Reactions: 0

Post by maker »

Well I notice small difference in shooting lag between 36 and 45 ping but movement lag is crucial between them. I could never play like Dawn or Evilan crouching 24\7 on 40+ ping, too much delay between button->game. In polish server having 36-38 ping I can see huge difference and crouching is much smoother so I have no idea how it is at 20 and below.

Post by maker »

Reactions: 1

Post by butcha »

maker wrote:
oh shit.. u just lucky he didnt ping 8 :troll:

Post by maker »

butcha wrote:oh shit.. u just lucky he didnt ping 8  :troll:
I want equal ping for everyone so we play fair ... :troll:

Post by Evil4N »

maker wrote:
Then you should try to take over SoF first. Take down the Dutch dynasty and replace it with a Polish one :troll:

Till then it's NL servers for everyone Image

Post by 3klnk4jh »

maker wrote:
This screenshot convinced me. You'll get your ping equalizer.
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

Will be running this on second MaD server for sure.

Post by butcha »

Evil4N wrote:
maker wrote:
Then you should try to take over SoF first. Take down the Dutch dynasty and replace it with a Polish one  :troll:

Till then it's NL servers for everyone Image

Post by MinatO »

Did I just read a sentence of sarcasm by ctrl?
In what world are we living?

Post by Evil4N »

3klnk4jh wrote:This screenshot convinced me. You'll get your ping equalizer.
He still sucks in PL server, even against Dutch players.

Post by Fossil »

He 'sucks' because he has 53 kills? lol. Frags dont mean shit.

Post by Evil4N »

You all sucks.

Post by maker »

I offered you up to 50 euros for 1vs1 on equal ping, still you have refused saying you are "final boss" so first I have to win with all dutch players to get 1o1 with you.

Post by Evil4N »

maker wrote: I offered you up to 50 euros for 1vs1 on equal ping, still you have refused saying you are "final boss" so first I have to win with all dutch players to get 1o1 with you.
Evil4N F1N4L B055 !11!!!1!
Reactions: 6

Post by Fuckemup »

how come u start Crying everytime your ping goes over 30 then? lmao

Post by Pazey »

Emirate wrote:To be honest...i notice very little difference between my 15 ping from 1,5 week ago and the 35/40 I have now and had before some years back. As long as your net is stable (this might be the biggest problem for the pl players among us) and you don't ping more than 40 higher than your opponent you're good to go. Anything below might cause a slight disadvantage around corners but let's be honest, 40ms on a 1500 ms reaction ain't that spectaculair. It might be the difference between 50 or 55 frags, but ping won't win you a match, let's not make it bigger than it is...
I agree ive had all kinds of ping over the years from 200-150-110-60-30-18 i have no idea where this 15 ping vs 60 for example debate came from ive noticed no difference between them personally its only when you start hitting 80-100 does it feel like you have to aim ahead of people like in the US servers

Now when you go in your own server with 5 ping that i would definitely say is an advantage cause theres literally no delay at all and you can feel it 100%

Post by butcha »

Pazey wrote:
Emirate wrote:To be honest...i notice very little difference between my 15 ping from 1,5 week ago and the 35/40 I have now and had before some years back. As long as your net is stable (this might be the biggest problem for the pl players among us) and you don't ping more than 40 higher than your opponent you're good to go. Anything below might cause a slight disadvantage around corners but let's be honest, 40ms on a 1500 ms reaction ain't that spectaculair. It might be the difference between 50 or 55 frags, but ping won't win you a match, let's not make it bigger than it is...
I agree ive had all kinds of ping over the years from 200-150-110-60-30-18 i have no idea where this 15 ping vs 60 for example debate came from ive noticed no difference between them personally its only when you start hitting 80-100 does it feel like you have to aim ahead of people like in the US servers

Now when you go in your own server with 5 ping that i would definitely say is an advantage cause theres literally no delay at all and you can feel it 100%
yea but u might not notice.. but iv noticed emirate is "easier" when he pings 40 than 20/ when he plays on the swedish server compared to the dutch one. especially on jpn.

ofc pings matter, atleast fragwise. 40-30 i dont notice any diffrence but when u compare to 10-12.. its like when ur on ur own server.. and i as u, played with anything between 200 and 20.

Post by CheaterSkeeter »

if you don't aim ahead with accurate weapons on 30~40 ping. you wont hit anything unless your enemy moves into your shot. That's probably why few players are accused of using aimbot with long range, accurate weapons :ghehe:
Reactions: 3

Post by TotalitioN »

I noticed maker puts His sight down to take screenshot ..
Why is That maker ..
Why u dont show ur walls to us ...