Equal ping for everyone

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
Reactions: 14

Equal ping for everyone

Post by Evil4N »

3klnk4jh wrote:The VM is consuming about 80% of a single 2.67 GHz Xeon core, even when the SoF servers are empty. About 600 MB of memory is used. I've not investigated what causes this, because my current machine is fast enough.
Can get in trouble with gameserver providers for it. You should prioritize this to get it solved.
Instead focusing on wastefull mods like "equal ping for everyone in server to please noobs like Jr"
Reactions: 6

Re: SOF server on LINUX

Post by Fuckemup »

I didn't ask him to make this mod, believe it or not..
Retard told me about it, so i asked further to Ctrl.
Brilliant Idea tbh, a League ran on a server with this patch would make it more enjoyable for everyone cept the 0 pingers. I mean some players, playing many years on 70-90 ping.
And can't get it higher if they don't move to NL or somewere else in europe.

Or myself 45-60 ping for over 15 years lol.
And nothing helps to get it lower, PCs, FIBER,1000mbit.

I mean i had the same pings playing on a old pentium 3 with 128mb ram and 0.5 Mbit then now, with a monster PC and 250 Mbit.

Pretty sure this patch/mod would fire up a good old sof spark in the old laggers we had around.
I even had 2 PM's from 2 old american players asking if this patch really exist :lol:

You shaking now? Mr zero pinger and zero skillz? :troll:
Last edited by Fuckemup on 10 Apr 2015, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Evil4N »

You could always rent a server in Sweden and ask SFL Staff to place it in the fixtures.
We do that stuff ya know ? We did it for the Polish players, we can give the same aid to the Swedish players too. HAHAHA

Post by Fuckemup »

Never EVER seen a polish server in any SOF League ever... dont come up with that bs.
And whats the Point renting a Swedish server? No challange if me,butcha,voltage pings 5, and you rest 25-30 and others higher.
Me n Butch proved that a few months back and that server wasn't even Swedish. I Believe shock test-rented it from some danish Company and our pings was around 15-20 and i tell you that changed alot. Believe those screenies still in our forum vs EF.

Nobody can cry "LAG, pingwhore, lets swap server" as its same for everyone, with that patch i mean.
Im here for the challange, and the gg's.

hell, while were already going about equal pings CTRL... make some patch delete all those useless cvars and autoexecs make everybody play default settings and equal pings :ghehe:

Post by Evil4N »

My dear Jr... Just admit already that you are low-skilled. Those excuses about pings when USA players can defeat Euro players...
You and your Scando buddies can nolonger compete against dutch-oriented clans anymore. We rule sof. You have been outplayed. Farewell Scandinavians.

Now excuse me while I take a nap on my SoF-Throne.
Spoiler:
Reactions: 3

Post by TotalitioN »

i would like That patch Actually even as "lowpinger" i think fair play is important for sof ..
We Only need to have a good anti cheat and all play with 60 fps and standard settings ..
Reactions: 1

Post by MinatO »

Fuckemup wrote:I didn't ask him to make this mod, believe it or not..
Retard told me about it, so i asked further to Ctrl.
Brilliant Idea tbh, a League ran on a server with this patch would make it more enjoyable for everyone cept the 0 pingers. I mean some players, playing many years on 70-90 ping.
And can't get it higher if they don't move to NL or somewere else in europe.

Or myself 45-60 ping for over 15 years lol.
And nothing helps to get it lower, PCs, FIBER,1000mbit.

I mean i had the same pings playing on a old pentium 3 with 128mb ram and 0.5 Mbit then now, with a monster PC and 250 Mbit.

Pretty sure this patch/mod would fire up a good old sof spark in the old laggers we had around.
I even had 2 PM's from 2 old american players asking if this patch really exist  :lol:

You shaking now? Mr zero pinger and zero skillz?  :troll:
You should try my GER servers. Had Jarek, Maker and Shark test it and Jarek has like 36 ping, Maker about 40-45 whereas in NL servers they ping 20 more.
Reactions: 4

Post by Nijogeth »

Fuckemup wrote:Never EVER seen a polish server in any SOF League ever... dont come up with that bs.
It is true. We talked about that with Jarek back then and he said that Polish servers arent good, but they had a good connection to German servers and that is why we scheduled IQ and VM in a German server when possible. Even now, we schedule them in a Dutch server everytime, because they have a way better connection to those than to the French.
Reactions: 0

Post by 3klnk4jh »

Bred wrote:Last one :P

Who much transfer i need per month for sof server. Limit 100Gb i enough ? or more? Sof serwer use 1-2Gb transfer per day or more or? I think its strange question :D
There's no easy answer.
The amount of data received by your server depends on the number of connected players and their fps (and how much they spam/change names/skins etc.). The amount of data your server transmits to each player gets larger if more players are connected.

The stats for the past 100 days of my machine (with 8 mostly empty SoF servers) show that about 1 GB/day is received and about 200 MB/day is transmitted.

Post by 3klnk4jh »

Evil4N wrote:
3klnk4jh wrote:The VM is consuming about 80% of a single 2.67 GHz Xeon core, even when the SoF servers are empty. About 600 MB of memory is used. I've not investigated what causes this, because my current machine is fast enough.
Can get in trouble with gameserver providers for it. You should prioritize this to get it solved.
Instead focusing on wastefull mods like "equal ping for everyone in server to please noobs like Jr"
Feel free to fix Wine, or install Wine 0.9 if it bothers you.

Post by Evil4N »

3klnk4jh wrote:
Evil4N wrote:
Feel free to fix Wine, or install Wine 0.9 if it bothers you.
About fixes, like every Fr or Belgian player is getting the keyboard language bug as soon as they install and start the newest sofplus.

Post by Fuckemup »

Evil4N wrote:My dear Jr... Just admit already that you are low-skilled. Those excuses about pings when USA players can defeat Euro players...
You and your Scando buddies can nolonger compete against dutch-oriented clans anymore. We rule sof. You have been outplayed. Farewell Scandinavians.

Spoiler:
My dear Evilan, you guys rule-ing the sof scene 16 years to late buddy.
Its the same 6-12 Active players every day, i mean EVERY FUCKING DAY AND NIGHT.
And the League has what, 25 players signed up?? 10 inactive playing once per 2 weeks smoke style and 15 newskoolers, ahhh so hilarious... Be proud rocking this scene but tbh with you clown, its nothing to be proud of anymore like i said up there your like.... Ok lets say 10+ years to late :rolleyes:
Thats why i didn't bother clicking the sof Icon after checking the server list seeing the same inbred scumbags every evening (YA U KNOW WHO U ARE FGTS)

Post by Evil4N »

Fuckemup wrote:
Evil4N wrote:My dear Jr... Just admit already that you are low-skilled. Those excuses about pings when USA players can defeat Euro players...

Spoiler:
My dear Evilan, you guys rule-ing the sof scene 16 years to late buddy.
Its the same 6-12 Active players every day, i mean EVERY FUCKING DAY AND NIGHT.
And the League has what, 25 players signed up?? 10 inactive playing once per 2 weeks smoke style and 15 newskoolers, ahhh so hilarious... Be proud rocking this scene but tbh with you clown, its nothing to be proud of anymore like i said up there your like.... Ok lets say 10+ years to late  :rolleyes:
Thats why i didn't bother clicking the sof Icon after checking the server list seeing the same inbred scumbags every evening (YA U KNOW WHO U ARE FGTS)
So less players yet you can't beat them :lol:
dmd
Netherlands
Reactions: 1

Post by dmd »

This equal ping for all patch sounds interesting. How could this be done exactly? How can you manipulate the amount of milliseconds of a player in the server to be equal of the player with the highest ping in the server Ctrl?

Post by Evil4N »

dmd wrote:This equal ping for all patch sounds interesting. How could this be done exactly? How can you manipulate the amount of milliseconds of a player in the server to be equal of the player with the highest ping in the server Ctrl?
Knowing ctrl it will be bugged at first. The starting point of new drama.

Post by Fuckemup »

strange, as we only lost 3 maps last season 2 vs EF .
And i didn't play, neither did edd, neither did smoke, neither did adem so anything could happen that game tbh. And 1 map vs TT, (cause butcha didn't play d: )

And aslong as i beat you evilan i am happy... let me remind you

your map, my ping.... imagine me with 0 ping and you with 50 :ghehe:

Respect to the lowpingers, who likes Ctrls ping-patch idea

+1 Dope +1 Dmd

Post by Evil4N »

FYI I wasn't even active in SoF back then, as I only use unclanned tags when I am inactive.
Wasn't even a real 1on1 because I don't play 1on1's to begin with lmao. I bet you was trying hard :lol:

When I am active:

Ragequit happens.

Post by Fossil »

SoF is a heavy ping game its not even funny. Poor bitches like Wolfgang playing with that 80+ ping for 10 years.

Heck i even noticed it last time we played in 2011. There were servers where i had a 50/55 ping and other servers my normal 35 ping. Difference was huge (Talking about 20-25 kill difference). That short term in [HA] when i had a 20 ping and we played a bunch of 2v2's against Fluxy and whoever else. Game was piss easy.

Make everyone play on a 100 ping.

Post by Fuckemup »

Evil4N wrote:FYI I wasn't even active in SoF back then, as I only use unclanned tags when I am inactive.
Wasn't even a real 1on1 because I don't play 1on1's to begin with lmao. I bet you was trying hard  :lol:

When I am active:

Ragequit happens.

Dear mr Evilan, this was the times.... when no Clans wanted you.
A few Days-week later you joined [t]ombstone as that was the only clan you could join, so don't twist the history... those public tdw hero games, oh boy here we go again..... lmao, were you kicked/banned us everytime we faught eachother.. pretty sure the same happened this game as we was warming up and waiting for the admin to start it up :ghehe:
Reactions: 4

Post by Nijogeth »

dmd wrote:This equal ping for all patch sounds interesting. How could this be done exactly? How can you manipulate the amount of milliseconds of a player in the server to be equal of the player with the highest ping in the server Ctrl?
That would mean that everyone constantly gets my lagg spikes when i am on wifi. Sounds fun.