Sof 1 CE on Ubuntu/Wine? 
Chile

Last post of the previous page :
megalanya wrote:
Mesa is already installed. Outputs;

LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo

https://paste.ubuntu.com/24620472/

Code:
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CEDAR (DRM 2.43.0 / 4.4.0-78-generic, LLVM 4.0.0)

That is a software renderer. Somehow Q3 accepts it but Q2 rejects it. People say it's pretty quick, so I don't blame you if you couldn't tell the difference.
llvmpipe
I'm sorry, but I don't know how it ended there or how to fix it. You can try asking in Linux forums about your card and how to change Gallium for an OpenGL renderer. As I said before, normally video drivers take care of that.

In any case, I'm curious about how Steam handles this. I'd like you to try one last thing: delete (if exists) config.cfg from the User directory inside SoF, then run the following in the SoF directory:

Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32:~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu:~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu:. wine SoF.exe

Let's see if the game loads using the libraries from Steam.

21 May 2017, 23:39
Turkey

Topic author
ZXProto wrote:

Code:
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CEDAR (DRM 2.43.0 / 4.4.0-78-generic, LLVM 4.0.0)

That is a software renderer. Somehow Q3 accepts it but Q2 rejects it. People say it's pretty quick, so I don't blame you if you couldn't tell the difference.
llvmpipe
I'm sorry, but I don't know how it ended there or how to fix it. You can try asking in Linux forums about your card and how to change Gallium for an OpenGL renderer. As I said before, normally video drivers take care of that.

In any case, I'm curious about how Steam handles this. I'd like you to try one last thing: delete (if exists) config.cfg from the User directory inside SoF, then run the following in the SoF directory:

Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32:~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu:~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu:. wine SoF.exe

Let's see if the game loads using the libraries from Steam.

I could not find a file “config.cfg”. Outputs:

Code:
fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 2.4 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 72: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 72: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 80: saw unknown, expected number
recursive shutdown

Unfortunately, it didn't work. However, thank you very much for your help.

21 May 2017, 23:59
Netherlands

Honestly I don't know much about Ubuntu/Wine.
But Ctrl(3klnk4jh on forum) does and has this page sof1.megalag.org/wine/ which has this patch.

Quote:
The easiest fix is to patch the ref_gl.dll file in your SoF directory (download pre-patched ref_gl.dll). This patch disables the print statement that results in the buffer overflow:

$ echo "909090909090" | xxd -r -p -seek 0x000f772 - ref_gl.dll

http://sof1.megalag.org/sofplus/ref_gl_fixed.zip

22 May 2017, 13:50
Turkey

Topic author
Sauron wrote:
Honestly I don't know much about Ubuntu/Wine.
But Ctrl(3klnk4jh on forum) does and has this page sof1.megalag.org/wine/ which has this patch.

Quote:
The easiest fix is to patch the ref_gl.dll file in your SoF directory (download pre-patched ref_gl.dll). This patch disables the print statement that results in the buffer overflow:

$ echo "909090909090" | xxd -r -p -seek 0x000f772 - ref_gl.dll

http://sof1.megalag.org/sofplus/ref_gl_fixed.zip

Yes, I already tried it. Unfortunately, it does not work. This fix must have already been made in Community Edition.

22 May 2017, 17:55
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Topic Views: 1036