Stopping by to say hello to those that I've fragged with.

General Discussion: SoF Community Forum.
Reactions: 0

Stopping by to say hello to those that I've fragged with.

Post by sKMeccanoble »

Good ole Meccanoble wanted to stop by and say hello to the SOF community. I was out to dinner with a very close friend last night who mentioned SOF and the how we started the sK Clan. I started playing SOF back in late 1998, when my brother got the game as a gift. I was hooked! Fast forwarding to one day in Highschool, at lunch time, group of friends at the table over heard us talking about SOF. Next time you know, I handed out the game to everyone at the table and shortly there after we decided to make a clan and call it sK Silent Killerz. Over time, most of the original friends that started the clan with me moved on and I carried the name till late 2008 in which I ended my SOF game play. It was a great run! Met a lot of players, was part of a lot of SOF drama. I went back on SOF about 8 months ago and to see about 15 servers and only 6 players made me sad. I joined a server and decided to brush off years worth of dust called my skills and to my amazement, a player said "Are you the real mecca" Indeed I am I said, in where he changed his name and showed me his previous sK Tag!

Wanted to share my story, I had some great and also some terrible times in SOF. Life goes on, we get older and everything becomes just a memory. Cheers my friends! :mrgreen:
Reactions: 4

Re: Stopping by to say hello to those that I've fragged with

Post by Nijogeth »

Good memories are the best memories. Hop by once in a while for a game or two.

Post by smokestaH »

good troll bro
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

Hi
sKMeccanoble wrote:. I started playing SOF back in late 1998
Does this mean Jr comes second on the old school ladder?

Post by sKMeccanoble »

Nijogeth wrote:Good memories are the best memories. Hop by once in a while for a game or two.

:) That's awesome! Great to see some still play! I'm down for a game or two.
Reactions: 6

Post by Fuckemup »

Sup, nice to see a REAL oldskooler popping up.
Many of these newcummers never belived me when i told em that there actually were players playing back in 98-99' yahhhh man, 600 servers :lol:
Seems to bother em somehow, i was phoscamping and walking back then till i found a fucker with colorname and started spamming him OMGFF SCHEATER, GIFF ME SCHEATS THOO hahahahah

Didn't know sK was that old tho, most usa clans i played back then was BS, C*K, 666, )BB), !MDK! and they always kicked my ass. But the USA era died kinda early in the game... i also remember U guys had your own leagues n shit.

ahhh good old memories man. greetz! Bomjr, C*K Euro, Fuckemup

Post by smokestaH »

Check his IP, i bet its JR trolling us!

Post by sKMeccanoble »

Fuckemup wrote:Sup, nice to see a REAL oldskooler popping up.
Many of these newcummers never belived me when i told em that there actually were players playing back in 98-99' yahhhh man, 600 servers  :lol:
Seems to bother em somehow, i was phoscamping and walking back then till i found a fucker with colorname and started spamming him OMGFF SCHEATER, GIFF ME SCHEATS THOO hahahahah

Didn't know sK was that old tho, most usa clans i played back then was BS, C*K, 666, )BB), !MDK!  and they always kicked my ass. But the USA era died kinda early in the game... i also remember U guys had your own leagues n shit.

ahhh good old memories man. greetz! Bomjr, C*K Euro, Fuckemup
:clap:

When we started sK I remember BB clan having color names and I kept asking them how did they get their names. We started out as "Noobs" with non fancy names. !MDK! started later. I remember everyone saying MDK was full of hacks and in fact, one of their members started spreading "MDKWALLZ" to other players hahaha. Great times. This was also the same time [N]eedle or Needledick was becoming a pretty big player. Never forgotten about any of these guys. Thank you for sharing those memories. It's been a very long time since hearing about these clans again.

Post by sKMeccanoble »

smokestaH wrote:Check his IP, i bet its JR trolling us!

No idea who JR is, I assure you, I am who my user name says I am...

Post by smokestaH »

So, how did u manage to play SoF in 1998 when the game was released in NA on February 29, 2000?
Reactions: 5

Post by Trekker »

I was surprised to see the Feb 2000 release date.

I was a Net Admin at this company from late 97 till early 2000. I built all the systems in house as well as one for the plant manager and an identical one for another department's manager. (not for work)

I used the high end ASUS Ge Force with 3D glasses and all the bells and whistles back then and it had either SoF and Drakan or Rollcage and Drakan in paper CD sleeves, I think HereticII as well. This must have been prior to Feb 29, 2000 and I'm almost certain it was in 99.

I installed the games to check the performance and the graphics, it wasn't till after I quit when I started playing, then I clicked on the MP got in to Up Your Assassin server and got hooked.

As for 98, I don't know! ... If it was the Demo, it did have MP and some deathmatch maps.

Post by sKMeccanoble »

smokestaH wrote:So, how did u manage to play SoF in 1998 when the game was released in NA on February 29, 2000?

I'm surprised to see that date as well considering I clearly remember the year I started playing sof. I graduated 8th grade in 2000, then highschool in 2004. I played sof Late 1998 going into 1999. I also remember the day of Y2K, I ran to the PC and went to try everything (including SOF) due to all the "Hype" of issues it was going to case. You could take it for what it's worth and enjoy the company of other SOF players. :;):

Post by smokestaH »

But ya, it was the demo, not the full game.

Post by sKMeccanoble »

smokestaH wrote:Image

But ya, it was the demo, not the full game.
I never did say it was a full version. It was a demo, but I did play it I Nov or December of 98. Again, we can agree to disagree but the matter at hand isn't who has been here the longest, this isn't a competition, nor did I come here to "Troll". I came to say hello to those that I've played with through the years and more or less to bullshit with players. I was in SOF yesterday with 4 players who remembered me. I'm the real Mecca, not Jr, not a Troll. Sorry to disappoint you..

Post by smokestaH »

The first reply was a joke. Take it easy rambo.
Reactions: 1

Post by MinatO »

Junior, when you played in 1998, was this before after you went to prison?

Post by shinok4 »

easy test to see if its mecca.. whats ur real name and what was ur name when u were in Rip.... this is Beaver btw :) sup
Reactions: 4

Post by Nijogeth »

omg its machine

Post by rotpar »

Wow I remember Mecca.

I was UD Raptor!

Just dropped by to see who's about. Hi!
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

UD died right after Haxorcist was released. Like most sof-clans back then. gg.