XP 32 Bit

General Discussion: SoF Community Forum.
Reactions: 0

XP 32 Bit

Post by IseeYouIkillu »

What version of SOF do I need if I am on an old desktop, Windows XP 32 bit? I am having some graphic issues with version 6.0. Thank you
Reactions: 9

Re: XP 32 Bit

Post by Emirate »

I honestly wouldn't know. I reckon you don't have the original sof (cd)? The original game should run fine until win vista.
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

IseeYouIkillu wrote:What version of SOF do I need if I am on an old desktop, Windows XP 32 bit?  I am having some graphic issues with version 6.0.  Thank you
What is the graphic issue ? Try updating your video drivers ?
I wonder if CTRL removed the old nvidia fix from back in 2010 in his newest sofplus version, he might have thought it had become obselete.
But old computers on old systems like windows xp could still be dependent on it.

Download the older sofplus http://sof1.megalag.org/sofplus/downloa ... client.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and copy the ref_gl.dll file to your sof folder.

Post by 3klnk4jh »

Evil4N wrote:
IseeYouIkillu wrote:What version of SOF do I need if I am on an old desktop, Windows XP 32 bit?  I am having some graphic issues with version 6.0.  Thank you
What is the graphic issue ? Try updating your video drivers ?
I wonder if CTRL removed the old nvidia fix from back in 2010 in his newest sofplus version, he might have thought it had become obselete.
But old computers on old systems like windows xp could still be dependent on it.

Download the older sofplus http://sof1.megalag.org/sofplus/downloa ... client.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and copy the ref_gl.dll file to your sof folder.
No, the fix hasn't been removed. SoFplus 20140531, which is in CE version 6.0, should be the best version available.

The 'graphic issues' description of the problem is too generic, so it's impossible to give good advice based on that, but you could try:
  • Choosing a different video driver in the SoF Display Settings menu (Default OpenGL / QeffectsGL)
  • Deleting your SoF settings files:
    • user/config.cfg
    • user/configs/current.cfg

Post by IseeYouIkillu »

Thanks Evil, I tried grabbing the "ref_gl.dll" file but didn't work, looks like the same file that I received with the 6.0 download.

Graphic issue is that all words and lettering is blurred and not legible, basically any area of text used to click and navigate is blurred out. I can't navigate anywhere from the SOF home screen due to all text being blurred.

I'm able to navigate to the next sreen (single player) based off memory of the game, but then i get an error: "Sof has encountered a problem and needs to close...send error report Y/N"

thanks again all for the help

Post by 3klnk4jh »

IseeYouIkillu wrote:Thanks Evil, I tried grabbing the "ref_gl.dll" file but didn't work, looks like the same file that I received with the 6.0 download.

Graphic issue is that all words and lettering is blurred and not legible, basically any area of text used to click and navigate is blurred out.  I can't navigate anywhere from the SOF home screen due to all text being blurred.  

I'm able to navigate to the next sreen (single player) based off memory of the game, but then i get an error: "Sof has encountered a problem and needs to close...send error report Y/N"

thanks again all for the help
Try both available video drivers by specifying them on the commandline (or by adding the parameters to the shortcut you use to start SoF)

Code: Select all

"SoF.exe" +set gl_driver opengl32

"SoF.exe" +set gl_driver qeffectsgl
If neither of those work, try switching to windowed or full screen mode:

"SoF.exe" +set gl_driver opengl32 +set vid_fullscreen 0

"SoF.exe" +set gl_driver opengl32 +set vid_fullscreen 1
If that also doesn't work, create a logfile and a screenshot and post those here (or send it to me at sof1@megalag.org), and I'll take a look.
To create a logfile start SoF with the '+set logfile 3' parameter, shutdown SoF and locate the logfile in user/sof.log. Commandline example:

"SoF.exe" +set gl_driver opengl32 +set vid_fullscreen 1 +set logfile 3
To create a screenshot, press F11 and locate the screenshot in user/scrnshot/<timestamp>.png