Strange.

General Discussion: SoF Community Forum.
Reactions: 6

Strange.

Post by Fuckemup »

I see the sof1 demos are still being downloaded.
9 Peeps downloaded it last week, thats more then Evilans fullgame/community version is being downloaded lol.
http://download.cnet.com/Soldier-of-For ... 38935.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway, i tried to download it aswell to see if there was still some people stuck in there lol.
Soldier of fortune 1 demo / for windows 95 / 98 / NT 4.0 SP5 (whatever that is)

It seem to crash for me, i bet its getting a shock from my windows 10 :tongue:

Question to CTRL + others with knowledge.
Installing sof1 - with the original CD does it automaticly install the 1,06 and 1,07 patch for you these days, or you gotto do it yourself?

Asking as i can't find my CD anymore, i would like to try it out myself...
back in the day when you installed the game it made you go 1,03 version - you had to install gold (1,06) yourself and also platinum (1,07 wich we are in atm) So it was 3 different sof worlds, 1,03 servers wasn't shown on 1,07 server list and vice versa :wacko:
Reactions: 0

Re: Strange.

Post by asymcon »

That highly depends on the version of the game - Platinum edition should have all patches already applied. Retail versions will differ based on the year of manufacture (disc, booklet, etc.)
As for the Windows 10 incompatibility, that might be caused by Windows' inability to emulate 16bit environment under 64bit OS. Early versions were shipped with 16bit Installshield installer.

Post by Fuckemup »

So the original sof CD actually make you go back to 1,03 world??
Coool, i bet there is some oldies still stuck in there... they was atleast last time i checked but that was like 7 years ago lol.
Attachments
demo1.jpg
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

Reactions: 1

Post by butcha »

Lol.. win 10 doesnt handle ancient games like sof demo. You should ship it to ur local gaming museum along with the fossils stuck in it mister junior

Post by Fuckemup »

Sauron install it - ima show you that SMG was the shit back in 1,03 :mrgreen:
*edit* Ahhh, no server list anymore thanks to gamespy yea?

We lost some sof brothers. R.I.P Hawk + Sabre and Dekker even tho they were the bad guys :( :cry:

Post by Picard »

And Taylor who became John newest partner after Dekker killed hawk.

I completed the SP several times. it was amazing actually! The germany maps where cool with the castles and shit. You have some DM maps where you can play in these castles. CTF only has 1 map gerctf1 which is saaad boys.

Never completed SoF 2 SP. First map was cool with the yellow raincoats but then you went to the jungle and fuck it. also shotgun wasn't most OP so double fuck it.
Reactions: 4

Post by Nijogeth »

You forgot about gerctf2 though, but it is a custom map aswell.
Reactions: 15

Post by Acadie »

Does it look more obviously to think how Dekker looks behind his suit when we remove his mask? I know it's Sabre's head but as brothers, we can get a chance to see something similar :smile:
Spoiler:

Post by Picard »

sabre and dekker are brothers? Cant remember :p MUST FIND THE SOF LORE NOW

Post by Picard »

Nijogeth wrote:You forgot about gerctf2 though, but it is a custom map aswell.
yes thats why i didnt mention it :)
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

Picard wrote:sabre and dekker are brothers? Cant remember :p MUST FIND THE SOF LORE NOW
Omg finished the sp several times and only find this out now?

Dekker was pissed af because you (John Mullins) threw Sabre off a roof in New York. That's why he shoots Hawk in the face with a .44. Shakey as you suddenly are (contradicting earlier cutscenes) you fail to hit Dekker with a submachinegun from about 3 metres distance. Lucky enough 5 minutes later your aim is spot-on again so you can shoot a fucking apache chopper out of the air!

Memories...

Best thing were the cows in the sudan levels though.

Post by Picard »

I guess I never really noticed the story line to much. also my english was terrible. might be a good idea to start the SP again.

Post by Fuckemup »

U can do it in co-op nowadays :)
Acadie got the singlemaps loaded to one of his servers.

Post by Picard »

whaaat?

Post by Fuckemup »

Picard wrote:whaaat?
http://sof1.megalag.org/server/status/? ... port=28940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;