No servers?

General Discussion: SoF Community Forum.
Reactions: 0

No servers?

Post by Boog3r »

Still pretty new to SoF since being an adult with responsibilities and all... but where the f are all the servers??? Everytime I log in to play a casual game, there appears to be zero servers listed. What's going on??
Reactions: 9

Re: No servers?

Post by Emirate »

Well to cut a long story short...gamespy pulled the plug and that was basically the party who showed the servers to you in game. I assume you installed sof straight from the disc? Ctrl (i think) made something to show the servers anyway but you'll need the so called community version of sof in order to view them, or download some seperate file. I don't know where to find the file but here's the link to the community version download of sof: http://www.sof1.org/soldier-of-fortune-free-download/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

problems should be fixed once you've installed that
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

well fuck...the servers are indeed gone. No clue :dntknw:
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

Mini-Chat on the front page:
http://sof1.megalag.org/text/servers.txt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

connect by ip, iam sure Ctrl will fix it when he does notice.

Post by Nosferatu »

Yes there are no more servers in Sof,all out,is the master server broken? it happened yesterday about 17.30 hour here in NL,i had 8 servers there,one is still running,maybe i can post here there IP numbers with port numbers,so you can directly connect to me,but on the megalag server site you also can see servers who were in past active,these list can maybe help you connecting,.....my server is there as well,see "KoD Server 1"(other 7 servers are today not online)

Post by Nosferatu »

"KoD Server 1" is online,....i hope the master server be fixed and work soon!

Post by Sauron »

Mini-Chat on the front page:
http://sof1.megalag.org/text/servers.txt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
connect by ip, I am sure Ctrl will fix it when he does notice his SoF servers aren't on as wel. more likely another hdd failure.

The weird thing is, servers will respond to "serverstatus 143.177.40.201:28910"
So if you want to check if players are on the server.
"serverstatus ip" in console.
Spoiler:
http://www.sof1.org/download/file.php?i ... onsole.png

Post by Sauron »

Its back up.

Post by Boog3r »

Cool I see the servers now!! Wish it full like the old days... this is the best online game ever imo
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

Boog3r wrote:Cool I see the servers now!! Wish it full like the old days... this is the best online game ever imo
Visit TDW Server

Post by 3klnk4jh »

After the machine boots, I have to start some processes by hand, so sometimes it takes a while because I don't notice or because I'm at work. Send me an email (sof1 AT megalag.org) if the in-game server list or the website isn't working.

The server list has been offline three times in the past 1.5 year:
  • A hard disk in the raid1 array failed and had to be replaced (the other disk is currenly failing slowly, so I'll have that one replaced soon). The in-game server list was back up in a few hours (on another machine), but the website list and the SoF1 servers took a few days because I had to reboot a few times and didn't want to waste time starting things until after the final reboot.
  • The machine froze and I had to cold boot it.
  • An unexpected reboot. May have been a power failure in the datacenter.