Quark set up with Soldier of Fortune Community Edition

Reactions: 0

Quark set up with Soldier of Fortune Community Edition

Post by nottmoto »

First you should have Soldier of Fortune Community Edition installed, I'm not sure if this set up will work with the original SOF but it should as long as the pathways are right.

Now you will need to download and install SOF SDK 11, make sure to install the program where it tells you to install it which should be program files (X86} folder.

Next you need to download and install any version of Quark but make sure if you have an old version of quark to uninstall it and delete all the folders before installing the new quark or any version of quark.
For this tutorial I'm using the 6.6.0 Beta1 version of quark, but the one you can download here on the forums quark-win32-6.6.0Beta6 version should work fine.
Also quark should be install into program files (X86) folder too.

When installing quark the first thing that will come up will be a little window asking you "do you want to activate colorful caption again ?"
Which you will click yes.

After that a window will pop up which will be your quark Explorer in the right-hand corner of that window you will see a button saying games click on that button and you will see a list of games select SOF or Soldier of Fortune then SOF depending on what version you have.

Now you want to click on the edit button on quark Explorer and go down and pick configurations.

Now the configuration window open look on the left-hand side will see a list of games pick SOF as seen in the picture circle.

Now find where it says game settings and look at the line saying "Directory of SOF" in that line you want to set your pathway to your soldier of fortune game by using the three little dots on the far right side of the window to browse for directory.
It should be something like C:\User\PC name\Soldier of Fortune

Now where it says "Build Programs Execution Sequence" find the line that says "Default directory of build-programs"now use the same three little dots on the far right side of the window in that line to browse for directory and find your SDK folder open it and pick the bin folder.
It should look like this C:\Program Files (x86)\SoF SDK\Bin

After that find where it says "1st program", "2nd program" and "3rd program" and on all three find the line where it says "at program and, check these file – extensions:" and change the line to +BSP,+PRT do the same thing to all 3 lines.

Go to the bottom left side of the window and click apply then okay.

Now on your quark Explorer window click on the icon that says "new SOF map".

Now if everything worked right you should see four windows in the quark program, that thing that looks like a little box click on anything in their and on the left side of quark you should see some kind of texture and if you do and everything installed correctly.

Last edited by Acadie on 06 Jan 2024, 04:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed img url
Reactions: 2

Re: Quark set up with Soldier of Fortune Community Edition

Post by Picard »

notmotto u r fuckin perfect m8.

you're a flower. you're also a rainbow and a river. you are the manifestation of all perfection and i want to i don't fucking know. i want this to not sound gay, but you are fucking perfect, notmotto.

ps; will follow this tutorial when im back in my home country!

Post by Sauron »

gotta be able to start quark first.. :ghehe:
Reactions: 6

Post by Fuckemup »

What is this anyway?

Post by Sauron »

make maps in bps trough quark

Post by Picard »

I have good hope that my Quark will be able to boot when I do this correctly:

Now you will need to download and install SOF SDK 11, make sure to install the program where it tells you to install it which should be program files (X86} folder.

I always install crap on my D or E drive since C is my SSD.

And it is indeed to make maps with. I tried it before around the time Time started working on Akercity and Containeryard. I should be able to recall some of the things I did. New SFL maps incoming brothers

Post by Sauron »

I do the same, yet for sdk/raven SoF1/Quark I didn't. (I use a clean SoF install no sofplus/maps/etc..)
It's expecting on some instances to be in C drive.
So my guess is do all over but in C:\ and don't change any location.
Reactions: 5

Post by Trekker »

I never had issues installing QuArK on other partitions and doubt any software designer would hard code "C:\" as Root or System Drive.

For me, letters in front of partitions do not matter but the path (configuration)

Post by Sauron »

Trekker wrote:I never had issues installing QuArK on other partitions and doubt any software designer would hard code "C:\" as Root or System Drive.

For me, letters in front of partitions do not matter but the path (configuration)
Doubtful idd, Humans are lazy.
Reactions: 8

Post by ShocK »

Worked as described except I got no "Do you want to activate Colorful Captions again?" when installing Quark
Spoiler: