ChAoS Unlimited Fire Maps

Reactions: 0

ChAoS Unlimited Fire Maps

Post by ChAoS »

Hi all,

Because even my girlfriend Petra and her Son Bodhi like playing Cod4 more than sof... Whelleee.. I like it too i have to admit :wub:
my server has been offline for sometime again... Because of this i made a sof map from the map Shipment Call of Duty 4. :wacko:

Sorrie for that... i will try to run it more often. :clap:

Here is a new mappack file... i have some new maps in it... so have fun...
I run all those maps on my server.

Ps download version DMV2

Greets,

ChAoS
Attachments
ChAoS_DMV2.rar
(11.74 MiB) Downloaded 136 times
Last edited by ChAoS on 14 Nov 2016, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reactions: 15

Re: ChAoS Unlimited Fire Maps

Post by Acadie »

I've checked that cod map you've made, and it looks very nice by its own. I like the details like the wood pallets that are chipped off or the snowman in the xmas version LOL.

The thing I see is this map is it could easily be played in CTF. It has a symmetric structure and has a lot of corners to hide behind. I barely see people playing DM now and we are mostly in CTF. So, in that way. I may try to set the entities for CTF. It has a greater chance to be played. Or, you can add a separate version for CTF. It will be easier in that way.

On a side note. If you build a separate version for CTF. Is it possible for you to remove the textures that are outside the box like what Raven does in their maps with the "No Draw" texture. It will reduce the file size and the people will be less annoyed by waiting in their download. :acad:
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

:clap:
Reactions: 1

Post by Ademk »

Lets test it out:D

Post by nottmoto »

I know that COD map you did a good job on the remake Chaos
I really like the COD4_xmas_shipment version of the map, it must have been a bitch to make all those little Xmas lights ! (I know lol)

As for what Acadie said:
Acadie wrote:On a side note. If you build a separate version for CTF. Is it possible for you to remove the textures that are outside the box like what Raven does in their maps with the "No Draw" texture. It will reduce the file size and the people will be less annoyed by waiting in their download. :acad:
Textures outside of the map make no differents to the file size.
But those textures outside of the map make the engine work harder to generate them, so if you use the "No Draw" texture where the player can't see the textures it will make the game engine ignore them and make the engine run better.

As for the part
"like what Raven does in their maps" you better go open a Raven SOF map file they left all kinds of textures on outside of the maps when I would open them and think WTF why didn't Raven put a no draw here or there lol

In ChAoS_PawnShopMirror there are 3 "Hall Of Mirrors" problems in that map if you want to remake that map let me know and I can tell you how to fix them.

When I tried to load these 3 maps I got errors:

chaos_simple_dm6:
WARNING: msg overflowed for NOTTMOTO
SZ_GetSpace: overflow

ChAoS_Castle:

ForMyLove:
Netchan_Transmit: dumped unreliable

Post by Sauron »

nottmoto wrote:

chaos_simple_dm6:

ForMyLove:
Netchan_Transmit:  dumped unreliable
gotta have that DM set.

Code: Select all

deathmatch 1;map dm/chaos_simple_dm6
nottmoto wrote: ChAoS_Castle:
deathmatch 1
Turns server in to chatbox v2.0
chatbox.png
deathmatch 4
Works.
nottmoto wrote:
In ChAoS_PawnShopMirror there are 3 "Hall Of Mirrors" problems in that map if you want to remake that map let me know and I can tell you how to fix them.
mirrors.png
gl_lockpvs
Type: Toggle
Default: 0

Description: Toggle the locking of the current PVS table.

Note: If this toggle is enabled the game will lock the PVS table in the memory for the current location that the player is in and it will not let it be updated by the player's movement. The PVS table determines what parts of the map can be seen by the player and if they should be rendered. This variable is used by map makers to lock the PVS from a certain location and then move around to see what parts the game will render from that location and then determine where hint brushes should be placed to limit the rendering. It is helpful to enable the gl_clear command to avoid the hall of mirrors effect on the unrendered parts of the level.
Last edited by Sauron on 14 Nov 2016, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

Sauron wrote:61986197
:clap:
Lol nice

Some CoD4 maps might actually be good for SoF...such as Backlot, Crash and Crossfire.

Now that I look at the info page of CoD4, almost been 10 fucking years since that game came out :upshake: Memories..

Post by Sauron »

nottmoto wrote: Textures outside of the map make no differents to the file size.
But those textures outside of the map
make the engine work harder to generate them, so if you use the "No Draw" texture where the player can't see the textures it will make the game engine ignore them and make the engine run better.

As for the part
"like what Raven does in their maps" you better go open a Raven SOF map file they left all kinds of textures on outside of the maps when I would open them and think WTF why didn't Raven put a no draw here or there lol
Idd, Engine is still the same, despite our computers being beefed up a lot more.
The limits it has been told (the engine) will still impact us today like livin in 99.
Also the engine probably hasn't been tested for this kind of use. More info

r_speeds 1
Will output how much the engine has to do.

-/+ depents on location.

irq_small
495:wp    0:fp 1609:gp  22:tx   0:lm  18:gt   0:tp   0:qp
sewerctf
308:wp    0:fp 1280:gp   6:tx   0:lm  12:gt   0:tp   0:qp
egypt2003
1081:wp    0:fp  507:gp  16:tx   0:lm  10:gt   0:tp   0:qp
containeryard
2322:wp    0:fp 24056:gp  25:tx   0:lm  20:gt   0:tp   0:qp
What wp/fp/gp/tx/lm/gt/tp/qp? same as quake's r_speedshots only less useful, cuz we get to guess...

Combine r_speeds with

r_warnings 1.
If the engine has to much work r_warnings will fill the screen with red/yellow/orange/green overlay (each color is it's own identifier.)

egypt2003/containeryard are good maps to test the highest values. (many players lag on these maps)
sewerctf1/jpntclx are good maps to test the lowest values. (on sewer I haven't had 1 warning.)

chaos_Cod4_shipmentV2
4237:wp    0:fp 10495:gp  24:tx   0:lm  23:gt   0:tp   0:qp
That's really high.. for a relative small map.
Not sure about what the limits are but
:wp between 800/900 seems to trigger red screen.
:gp between 4000/5000 seems to trigger yellow screen
Here it seems red is for :wp https://youtu.be/3dF7Ohg_W9Q?t=5
yet on irqctf1 I get
2834:wp 0:fp 0:gp 59:tx 0:lm 0:gt 0:tp 0:qp
with no warnings. So could also be :tx.

Being spec+outside of maps won't display overlay.
Also try to stay at the height players will be in the map.
:gp & :gt have impact on hud/gun. players that use cl_gun 0 have more/higher performance.

653:wp    0:fp  821:gp  48:tx   0:lm  11:gt   0:tp   0:qp
]cl_gun 0;scr_interface 0
 653:wp    0:fp  474:gp  48:tx   0:lm   9:gt   0:tp   0:qp
Trying to figure out what colors belongs to what :wacko:
Last edited by Sauron on 01 Mar 2017, 10:33, edited 2 times in total.

Post by ChAoS »

Hi all,

Thx for all the reactions.
I changed the attachment of my first post on this topic. My mappack file... is now DMV2.
Excusses for those maps that did not worked...
Still working on it...

Well i just build and build and have not so much knowlegde of the engine behind sof...
So yes I would like some help with the hall errors in the map.

For that ShipMent Ctf map... pls show me where u want the flags... i will make the map.

had a lot of fun yesterday evening... 7 players in my server... wow thats a long time ago :clap: :clap: :clap:

Greets
ChAoS

Post by Acadie »

ChAoS wrote:For that ShipMent Ctf map... pls show me where u want the flags... i will make the map.
I made a quick entity replacement where it shows how items should be placed. But first, I would like to see others to test it. So I'll know if items are good, or need some change.

notice that I changed a car in his new position. Both were in the same side and were taking space
Attachments
chaos_Cod4_shipmentV2.txt
(7.37 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

Post by nottmoto »

Here is what I would do to try and fix the hall of mirrors effect.

First, place a hint brush in all the doorways that don't have a brush in it also ever window hole that does not have a brush in it.

As for that center part of the map that has the hall of mirrors effect bad, place a hint brush in the doorways and two big hint brushes where you look through to the other side of the map. I would try them between the ladders and the rooms.

If none of that works and you are using Quark, send me the QKM file and I will try and fix it :wink:

A good thing to remember with any map is any textures that can't be seen should have a no draw texture on it, also you should miter all corners and most of all avoid large empty spaces.

Post by ChAoS »

Hi all

Thanks 4 You're reactions

I will check out You're spawn file.

If i understand correct the hint brush is there
To avoid the hall of mirrors effect? I willen try
It.

Greets
Chaos

Post by ChAoS »

Hi all,

HELP!! :upshake:

Does anybody know how i get those SZ_GetSapace solfed ? I building a very nice map but when testing ... after 6 players people get in with black screen and just wont enter the map. The server gives the message SZ_GetSpace overflowed for chaos....
I dont like to get overflowed :confused: :redface:

I hope anybody can give me a solution...

Post by Acadie »

The map has too much detail but I cannot determine what is the exact cause. Run r_warnings "1" and r_speeds "1" to see any rendering performance. I am not expert with this but through my limited knowledge, check if:

r_speeds. Make sure the first variable doesn't pass over 700:wp

r_warnings will show with a full screen color if your map is at risk of overflow. So, if it's:
Red: Problems with something related with your polygons (I don't know much, sorry)
Green: Too much entities in one space area

ChAoS_Castle.dm has this big problem too and it shows red when I am outside, even when I manually removed entities.

Post by Sauron »

Most likely to much of something.. dunno exactly what though.
the hell hole of r_speeds & r_warnings :wacko:
http://www.sof1.org/gallery/image_page. ... ge_id=6281

alias genchk "echo __________;r_speeds 1;cl_showfps 15;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;r_speeds 0;cl_showfps 14;echo __________"

bind . "genchk" 

Keep eye on fps as you walk around and press the binded key if fps drops any.
Here it is explained-ish for half life I think it is similar to sof.
http://www.countermap2.com/Tutorials/tu ... html?id=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://twhl.info/tutorial.php?id=38" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.slackiller.com/tommy14/rspeeds.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.quake-1.com/wc16a-tutorial/speed.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://snarkpit.net/index.php?s=article ... e=54/theme" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.celephais.net/board/view_thread.php?id=60189" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.sonic.net/~rfm/et/mapstuff/q ... ushes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/archi ... -6505.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://icculus.org/gtkradiant/document ... nt_manual/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://icculus.org/gtkradiant/document ... pg12_1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note: if you make a map, test it in SoFplus dedicated server, don't go intro client and type "map dm/etc" client will run at higher fps if done through client.

Post by ChAoS »

Hi Sof Friends,

I made a new map. I hope you like it.
There are some secret spaces in this map... and a nice jump track.

I could not build more in this map, quark and sof wont let me... :confused:
The download from my server in game takes ages... uh... very long time... so i post it here.

You know where to put it I hope.
When there is something i should change ( I KNOW THE JUMPS CAN BLEEP without Jumping... will change it!!)

Well i am in the server in the evening... hope to see u there... (test server)

Greetiings
ChAoS

Ps I know this map aint great for FPS.. But it was a kind of therapy 4me.
Still i hope you enjoy it... i took everything i can and put it in that map. Hope sometimes it will played serieus... but i doubt it..
Attachments
chaos_RaT.bsp
(4.15 MiB) Downloaded 84 times
2017-03-09_183042_087.png
2017-03-09_183019_813.png
2017-03-09_183059_333.png

Post by ChAoS »

Oeps... First time i use custom sounds... i forgot to place them in the last post.

Well here they are... they are small.... put them in the \user\sound\ direcotry

Greets Chaos
Attachments
RAT.rar
(109.34 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

Post by Sauron »

Chaos if you are interested in more custom sounds maybe this is something for you.
30gb game sounds.
https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/commen ... _download/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/commen ... h=5623e35d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post by ChAoS »

hi all,

On request i rebuild the map Dust Arena. (Took a 1/2 day LOL :biggrin: )

It runs on my ctf test server...

Have fun with it. Its a small fast Ctf Map.
Attachments
chaos_dustarena.bsp
(993.6 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

Post by ChAoS »

Dust Arena V2,

The Palm three did lagged so i changed it... and the
place of the flag i changed on request (I dont know what's the best and i dont know the real
map...).

Greetings
ChAoS
Attachments
chaos_dustarenav2.bsp
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 105 times