SoFplus updater [Beta testers needed]

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
Trekker Canada
Reactions: 5

Re: SoFplus updater [Beta testers needed]

Post by Trekker »

I didn't get a chance to try version 5, can you name the updater according to their release version? I have (had) 3 and manually added 4, 5 and 6 to the end!

Ver. 6 on the same setup.

Placed a "normal" shortcut to SoF.exe on the Desktop with added +set console and +set user
Disabled Avast Shields for 10 minutes.
Ran the Updater as an Admin
Started SoF from the shortcut.
Ran fast and clean.
The "Exit" sound had me concerned for a few seconds then remembered who wrote this updater, funny guy ;)

Only one window open, think I had a single window before too or may be 2 at the most!
No quick start obviously
No MegaLag icon since user folder is elsewhere.
May be a prompt to copy and paste the "menu" folder manually for the players who knowingly change the path? And are we to assume not many players including the "new" players will be "moving" the User Folder?!
FataL
Reactions: 0

Post by FataL »

OK so i did the update.... all complete

But double click on the sof icon the cmd comes up a few milli seconds then dissapears.. i cant load sof now.. help?

EDIT: NVM made the exe as admin and it worked :)

ADD:

WTH happened to the jumps?
As most ppl do i move with WASD and i have E as Jump... somehow when i run and jump-strafe i stop in mid air..
need a fix on this one....
CheaterSkeeter Great Britain

Post by CheaterSkeeter »

@Trekker

Thanks again for testing,,, what sound?? joking ;) I didn't think about people having custom user folders, Dende just suggested something i should have done in the first place, put the logo in base folder inside a .pak, ill put that in the next release for you :mrgreen:

@FataL What OS are you using? Windows 7? it should request admin automatically, i see a warning + yes/no box appear when installing :(

I have no idea what has happened to your jumps :blink: ,, have you tried turning it off and on again :biggrin: .. weird, i've never heard about anyone having his issue
Trekker Canada

Post by Trekker »

FataL wrote: ADD:

WTH happened to the jumps?
As most ppl do i move with WASD and i have E as Jump... somehow when i run and jump-strafe i stop in mid air..
need a fix on this one....
@Fatal, what "version" of SoF do you have? I forgot to mention mine as well since it would be kinda important to the testing I suppose!

On the test system I installed SoF from the original Gold CD and patched to 1.07f with tons of map packs.

Are you using the community Edition or something else?

How long is your Auto? Do you have all your binds and chit in the Auto as well? Is it possible that the few lines added to the Auto has pushed your Auto over the edge?

Try renaming the edited auto and use the backed up one to test if this fixes your Jump issues, if it does and you have lots of lines in your Auto, move all Binds including Spectator, gored and such to a new file and call it binds.cfg then add a line to the end of your Auto to exec binds.cfg.

You can also trim your Auto by deleting extra not needed lines, spaces and what not.
I've seen some with many spaces in between the commands and the values as well as descriptions after "//"

Just typing out loud here :)
d3nd3
Reactions: 8

Post by d3nd3 »

doesn't work

Post by CheaterSkeeter »

@d3nd3 What does not work? the finding SoF.exe part?
edit - Oh. sorry, i think you have a test version, which does not work anymore, please download the "official" <- lol version

Btw fatal fixed his jumping lol
d3nd3

Post by d3nd3 »

my antivirus said it has a trojan... wdf?

Post by CheaterSkeeter »

@d3nd3 so its working for you, but your antivirus complains about it? Weird :blink:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/3981 ... /analysis/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What anti virus are you using?
Keifer Great Britain
Reactions: 16

Post by Keifer »

Works fine. GJ
Trekker Canada

Post by Trekker »

d3nd3 stop using that Greek AV; Despite the rumors, they are not troikos friendly!
d3nd3

Post by d3nd3 »

is it compatible for Haiku operating system? else that might be the problem, skeeter?
Emirate
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

works like a charm on windows 8 as well :)

Nice one
Glory is temporary, pride is forever.

[EF]Emirate
Sauron Netherlands
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

Works fine. all 100%/OK :whacky: