Does anyone know how to fix high packet loss?

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
Reactions: 2

Does anyone know how to fix high packet loss?

Post by Sauron »

Fossil wrote:Poor EvilBork, still lagging. How is that even possible tho?
WiFi.

Does anyone know how to fix high packet loss? (which has strong signal strength)
100mb up/down + wifi = lagspikes
Probably won't happen if you have 300n (or higher or 5Ghz.)
Reactions: 0

Re: NML - MAD  week5  irq1

Post by CheaterSkeeter »

Have to ask yourself "Why am i using wifi?" if the answer is something like "I dont want to have a long wire running through my house.. or i dont want to drill holes" then there is a solution.
PowerLan it's called, internet through your electricity wires
Reactions: 5

Post by Trekker »

@ Sauron,

Not enough information creating endless possibilities.

Low memory "Home Router" upgrade to "Business Class" and/ or specific Gaming Routers has solved similar issues.

Then your own system's state, hardware and software.
How many cell phones, tablets, notebooks ... connected.
Interferences

Some packet loss (%1) and ping variations are expected and considered "normal".

Being able to use third party Firmware to enable Advanced/ hidden options also has helped me.

I'd go with minimum Cat 5e cable Gb to Gb ... wifi will always be up and down ... there are so many variables. Some situations the "problem" was solved taking few steps, some, many steps and many that required no steps and worked outa the box.
Reactions: 1

Post by MinatO »

CheaterSkeeter wrote:Have to ask yourself "Why am i using wifi?" if the answer is something like "I dont want to have a long wire running through my house.. or i dont want to drill holes" then there is a solution.
PowerLan it's called, internet through your electricity wires
Actually even powerLAN has inconsistent connection stability. It's better than wifi though.

Unless EB has been using the same PC for the last 10 years, I'm pretty sure you can exclude that from the list of causes.
I would try LAN first to determine whether it's due to the wifi or not. Can be something else.

Post by Trekker »

One of them "many possibilities" that only the user knows and can check.

Hardware make and model, ISP, wiring, outgoing Network traffic ... could be something simple!

PowerLAN relies on the Electrical wiring, Panels, Breakers, Circuits and could perform differently in a place that uses electric stove, water heater, heater, A/C ...

For online gaming aiming to achieve highest possible stability rate ... connection, traffic, packet loss, jitters ... cable/ Fibre are hard to beat depending on the hardware, firmware and setup.

But as Minato mentioned, Wi-Fi performance could be at it's highest /best possible and problem be elsewhere.

Post by Pazey »

You should just do what i do and have 30m lan wires going all over the place :biggrin: depending on distance from router why not add another wireless point to cut out the distance between you and the router

Post by Yngwa »

Lmao what a bunch of dorky pro gamers, I can see you all sitting there bunch of fatassed greasy pimpledicks drinking your redbull at da LANparty discussing which cable to use. And then end it off with a circlejerk LOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLOLLOOLOLOOO.
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

Pazey wrote:You should just do what i do and have 30m lan wires going all over the place  :biggrin: depending on distance from router why not add another wireless point to cut out the distance between you and the router
Haha true, long wire from my room to living room a floor apart.

Post by Huso »

My wire goes from 1st floor to 3rd floor
Reactions: 1

Post by MinatO »

I use a switch inbetween for all the connections in the bedrooms. Much easier than laying cables from your downstairs router.
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

I used wi-fi untill 2/3 weeks back. The LAN cable I used to use broke and I had to use wifi. Worked decently but the cable is more stable for sure.

Only downside: getting the cable from the 1st to 3rd floor without drilling in the ceilings :mrgreen: 35 metres from router to pc. Have fun.

The good part: within 2 weeks I have to do it all over again YAYYY

Post by Yngwa »

I got a 10inch cable son bitches love it
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

Yngwa wrote:I got a 10inch cable son bitches love it
Try to use punctuation marks or people might interpret this in the wrong way :huh:

Post by Yngwa »

It's open to interpretation, that's the point.

Post by Trekker »

There are some "tricks" that makes running cables floor to floor, basement to third floor, a lot easier. I've seen so many different scenarios, each with a solution.

If you are going to stay in the house/ apartment you are for SOME time, it doesn't take much to run a single wire to a Switching Hub to feed another section of the house, even with concrete and bricks.

Other solution we have used in hard to "go through" places is a use of a wireless repeaters/ access points/ bridges ... in a part with the least interference ... and then to a switching hub.

I liked Yngwa better before he turned into Andre the Giant but have to blame this Forum ... things are contagious here.

He reminded me of the great SoF player MCNE but now I'm not so sure about that.

Well .... c'est la vie