Hello to all

An old player returning? A newbie? Introduce yourself!
Reactions: 0

Hello to all

Post by ccgmagic »

Hello everybody :D since I am new to this forum I figured that I would give a friendly hello to everyone here :D I have to say I am quite impressed with this style :D I always did like dark themes and don't really know why others like the lighter one so much but any way this site looks real good and I am happy to be a member. Thanks for having me and good day to all :D
Reactions: 8

Re: Hello to all

Post by ShocK »

Hi ccgmagic, glad you like the theme, there's only a handful of us who do :biggrin: I guess you found this place when I regiustered on your forum ( http://www.ccgmagic.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) I found it through Stokers site while looking for a light theme and liked your site.
Might go along those lines for this place and install a light theme choice although then again i can't really be arsed :mrgreen:
You have a couple of mods on your site I like, are they part of Stokers donators only mods? The start date format one and the server uptime mod in particular.

Post by ccgmagic »

Thank you for welcoming me :biggrin: and ya :biggrin: that is how I found this site :biggrin: and I am glad that you liked mine hope to see you more active there :biggrin: As far as the mods go, the best bet is, to be more active on my site and speak to blade when he is on as he would be able to give you more help than I, Bl4d3 x is his user name, he is not only one of my good and highly trusted friends he is also a co owner of my site and is over the mod end of it, webmaster if you will :biggrin: some of the mods that are on there was written by him himself and can also be found on phpbb.com as well as stokers and richs site(http://www.rmcgirr83.org/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). He is very good at what he does and I would recommend him for any questions that has to do with programming/mods :biggrin: I hope this info helps you :biggrin:

Post by ShocK »

Yeah those names crop up alot, will certainly check em out, not too experienced with prosilver based themes, especially those "inherited" style ones which the best light themes seem to be, so I'll probably be asking pretty soon for some tips etc ;)

Post by ccgmagic »

As far as prosilver and prosilver themes go I can help you there as I am familiar with prosilver as well as subsilver as for one I have all prosilver now and use to have Black Pearl theme which is subsilver based. I have always liked subsilver themes better personally but you are right everybody seems to like and lean towards the prosilver including phpbb themselves so I went with the prosilver route and by doing so I have really learned a lot :biggrin: and not to mention found I like a lot of the prosilver themes as well :biggrin:

Post by ShocK »

My only problem so far with asking for help is the reply is always " ask the author" and authors tend to be a touchy bunch, conversations tend to go like this:
"Hi, love the theme, how do I channge the width?"
[2 months later]
"change css"
"Yes I know, but I thought the width would be in a #wrapper piece of code, I can't find anything like that, could you be more specific"
[1 month later]
"yes I could be more specific"

And so on - best to work it out yourself :fp:
The thing with subsilver too is that I find you also learn alot by having to convert almost everything from prosilver.

Post by ccgmagic »

I completely understand what you are saying and I have personally ran into that a lot over the years, even though my site says it has only been up since such and such, I have had ccgmagic.com up and running for the last 4 years and I have had to pull teeth to get any help at all. So I really know where you are coming from as well as the frustration that comes with it. I will not do you like that, if I know the answer, I will be happy to let you know right now and not make you wait ages to get the answer if at all possible, I am pretty busy most of the time but I try my best not to leave any one hanging in the clouds. I know it happens from time to time and I am truly sorry about those times but I try to make them times few and far between. :biggrin: If I can help you, I will, and if I can't then I will try to point you in the best direction I can. So if you have any questions, please fill free to post them on my site, some one will be prompt to answering them in a informative and respectful way and there will not be any smart or unbecoming answers :biggrin: Outside of that, I was going to mention to you, I don't know if you have noticed up top on my site, there is a bar and in that bar there is some navigation links along with dropdowns in it, one in which is a friends section, that is where I promote others sites, I was going to offer to put your site in the list as well and perhaps you could do the same for me, perhaps an affiliates link + image ?
Just a simple way of helping each other to promote sites. :biggrin: and to answer the question about the width, subsilver is different than prosilver and ppl don't want to undestand that so when you or I ask a question and we have subsilver they just answer for prosilver and there you go well no :biggrin: with subsilver it is not in the css at all, it is actually in your header, your overall_header.html and if you open it up you will see when you scroll down a bit a piece of code that says

Code: Select all

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="{$CA_WIDTH}" id="maintable" align="center">
the $CA_WIDTH means that the file is not css :lol: ( just making light of their answer to you as they are wrong :lol: ) it is either php or html and we know that it can't be php as there is no php in the theme itself so all you have to do is locate the file that has the code in it and then change it, in this case the file is ca_config.html in that html file you will see this code

$CA_WIDTH - page width. examples: '100%', '800'
and

<!-- DEFINE $CA_WIDTH = '100%' -->
all you have to do is change the

<!-- DEFINE $CA_WIDTH = '100%' -->
to

<!-- DEFINE $CA_WIDTH = '1024px' -->
and your board will now be set at 1024px in width :biggrin: in prosilver it would be in the css in fact it would be in common.css and all you have to do is find #wrap { and replace the entire contents there from #wrap { to } with this code

#wrap {
padding: 20px 20px;
	min-width: 650px;
max-width: 1024px;
margin: 0 auto;
}
and prosilver will now be at 1024px in width :biggrin:
I hope that this helped some :mrgreen: and save that css there for prosilver as I am sure you are the same as me cause I personally don't like how prosilver fills the screen width like it does so just like on my site I narrowed it down to better fit my likes :mrgreen:

Post by Dutchman »

get a room guys

Post by ShocK »

Nice to know there's someone aound with a quick answer now and then and yeah I've seen the nav bar at the top of your site; just the sort of thing that this place lacks ;)
You've spurred me on actually, was starting to forget about one more style choice but I'll definetely persevere now. I was looking more into the database than the frontend - the possibilities of more than one install on the same db sharing basic stuff but seperate admin panels for different areas; phpbb.com must be doing something like that and I was looking at this article - https://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/share- ... bb-boards/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No problem with some sort of link exchange, send me a small banner ad or something and I'll stick it on the portal.

@Dutchman - We got a room, you're the bloke in the cupboard :)
Reactions: 1

Post by MinatO »

Just so you know, ccmagic. Shock is a 50+ year old, single man called John, hanging on the forums all day. You better not get too cozy!

Post by ShocK »

Fnatic^ wrote:Just so you know, ccmagic. Shock is a 50+ year old, single man called John, hanging on the forums all day. You better not get too cozy!
1 out of 3 is right, what's your problem Jaegger?

Post by ccgmagic »

Nice to know there's someone aound with a quick answer now and then and yeah I've seen the nav bar at the top of your site; just the sort of thing that this place lacks ;)
:D I really like it too :D but Blade did it for me and I really don't have a clue to how to get it all put together :lol: as there are a lot of folders and files to get it a: looking the way it does and b: where it is :D So you would have to talk to him to get it here :D
You've spurred me on actually, was starting to forget about one more style choice but I'll definetely persevere now. I was looking more into the database than the frontend - the possibilities of more than one install on the same db sharing basic stuff but seperate admin panels for different areas; phpbb.com must be doing something like that and I was looking at this article  -https://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/share- ... bb-boards/
And I have also heard of something like this and the major reason for the search personally was for some kind of an admin area for all of my admins to gather and discuss future ideas for my site with out the world seeing it and too with out having to wait for them to see the post, cause it would be a chat :D

No problem with some sort of link exchange, send me a small banner ad or something and I'll stick it on the portal.

Here is the banner :biggrin: and I will have your link up in the friends bar on all themes for you :biggrin:
promoteccgmagic.png

Post by ShocK »

I got a feeling that nav bar is based on the welcome mod (the part guests see) - heavily customised.
I couldn't think of a place for that banner so used a different banner for now ;)

Post by ccgmagic »

ShocK wrote:I got a feeling that nav bar is based on the welcome mod (the part guests see) - heavily customised.
I couldn't think of a place for that banner so used a different banner for now  ;)
I do know one thing and that it has nothing to do with the welcome mod at all, it is completely different :biggrin: and there are several files/edits/folders that make it up as well as images that also fit in the theme/images folder, just not how to piece it all together so that is why I suggested that you talk to blade about it cause he would be able to way better than I :biggrin: and that is fine with the banner, I do have a smaller image that would better fit and here it is:
ccgmagic.png
ccgmagic.png (7.6 KiB) Viewed 755 times
but if that don't fit either thats fine maybe a friends section on Portal where my link can go and that would be fine :biggrin: and your link is in my friends list on all themes now :biggrin:

Post by ShocK »

I'll sort something out regarding the banner, just shoved it where it is for now.
Yeah I'll get round to looking into a navbar one day, still reckon though that that welcome mod atleast tells you where to be starting, position wise; the rest is (hopefully) html and css.

Post by ccgmagic »

ShocK wrote:I'll sort something out regarding the banner, just shoved it where it is for now.
Yeah I'll get round to looking into a navbar one day, still reckon though that that welcome mod atleast tells you where to be starting, position wise; the rest is (hopefully) html and css.
I saw what you did for the banner on Portal :biggrin: I thought that was very nice :biggrin: thank you :biggrin:

Chat sound

Post by ccgmagic »

Ok :) here it is I hope you like it :)
add.zip
(8.79 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
instructions:
unpack the zip,
upload it to
root/mchat/
goto ACP/General Tab and refresh your cache,
and it will replace the one that is there, and then hit f5 on your key board.
that is it :)
NOTE: There is sometimes a delay for you to hear it even after hitting f5 depending on your browser, so if you want to hear it right off then you might have to refresh the browsers cache. If you don't want to do that that is fine but you might not be able to hear it right off :)

Post by smokestaH »

hello ccgmagic

Post by ccgmagic »

smokestaH wrote:hello ccgmagic
Hello :biggrin:
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »