Whats up!

An old player returning? A newbie? Introduce yourself!
Reactions: 0

Whats up!

Post by badmoon »

Hey guys, i havent played this game since i was about 7 or 8 (2001 i believe) it was my first online FPS i ever played and im stoked to get back into this community again! I tried the other SoF's but all that did was make me miss this one more haha.

Anyway, any tips and what not for having a smooth experience running this on my Windows 7?

Thanks

Sam
Reactions: 9

Re: Whats up!

Post by Emirate »

Hello, welcome back

http://www.sof1.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3437" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; < this should get you a long way.

If you have trouble installing or whatsoever, ask around. Plenty of guys around with enough knowledge to help you out :mrgreen:

Post by roqe »

Hey all,

I'm back after 10 years as well.. Tried installing SoF on my mac using winebottler but when in the game it is leggy as hell.
Anyone of you guys know how to help me with this? Would be great.
Reactions: 8

Post by d3nd3 »

what means 'laggy as hell' quantitively ?
can you describe it to me in terms of Frames Per Second ?

Post by roqe »

I don't it has anything to do with fps.
It just doesn't run like it supposed to.
When i start up SoF and i use the mouse to click a button. the mouse moves way to slow.
Like my laptop can't handle the game. But that can't be it.
Maybe it has something to do with me running a game for windows on my macbook?

Thanks for your respons.
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

I had that problem before. What worked for me was changing to full/minimized screen and back or realoading my autoexec.

Strangely enough I only had this problem with the original sof, not with the community version and only on my laptop (not on my pc). I don't know how to actually fix it but for me this workaround was good enough to enjoy the game.

Hope i've helped. Gl.