hi

An old player returning? A newbie? Introduce yourself!
Reactions: 0

hi

Post by VoivoD »

Hi guyz. I played this back in the day's, rarely online.
I'm into new technology in older games. I was attracted by 44khz sound, some new graphics options and this equivalent of sweetfx(which does not work for me :() to come and try to play some SoF.

I love SoF music, and dream about it being released in full cd quality. I have direct ADP rip's(not just recorded) from the game if someone would like to have.

Would love to see tactical mod for SoF, like run button, head bobbing when doing stuff/getting hit, iron sights and no "crosshair", fatigue etc.. I did it somehow in cs 1.6 serverside(amxx scripts, ~250kb's of code) just without iron sights cause you had to make clientside mod to block hardcoded client function that dynamically moved your gun model depending on your view angle.

Here's few things on vid:
Reactions: 8

Re: hi

Post by d3nd3 »

Learn sofplus scripting, try to implement it and request feature addons to ctrl. You sound like an intelligent enough person to sort this out.

Post by 3klnk4jh »

VoivoD wrote:Hi guyz. I played this back in the day's, rarely online.
I'm into new technology in older games. I was attracted by 44khz sound, some new graphics options and this equivalent of sweetfx(which does not work for me :() to come and try to play some SoF.

I love SoF music, and dream about it being released in full cd quality. I have direct ADP rip's(not just recorded) from the game if someone would like to have.

Would love to see tactical mod for SoF, like run button, head bobbing when doing stuff/getting hit, iron sights and no "crosshair", fatigue etc.. I did it somehow in cs 1.6 serverside(amxx scripts, ~250kb's of code) just without iron sights cause you had to make clientside mod to block hardcoded client function that dynamically moved your gun model depending on your view angle.

Here's few things on vid:
Looks nice. SoF realistic game mode (deathmatch 5) has fatigue. Some of the other things could be made, but because it's client side, people will hack around it. I once ran a server with forced skins and hidden teamicons / names and it took only a few hours for some joker to mess it up.

Ctrl

Post by VoivoD »

Is there something like pure server, like checking if the md5 sums of files matches ?
Reactions: 8

Post by d3nd3 »

There is an sv_pure cvar, but not sure exactly what it means when its stating the server is sv_pure. I wouldn't put too much trust in that claim, anyone knows more exactly about sv_pure cvar?

Post by 3klnk4jh »

d3nd3 wrote:There is an sv_pure cvar, but not sure exactly what it means when its stating the server is sv_pure.  I wouldn't put too much trust in that claim, anyone knows more exactly about sv_pure cvar?
lock_pure (a bit in sv_violence) is set by default, but I don't know what it does. It does not disallow client side mods.