Hello at work and saw this site

An old player returning? A newbie? Introduce yourself!
Reactions: 2

Hello at work and saw this site

Post by Dave »

Hello there Ye old Sof junkies Dave here was known as WarmongR and later on Lazygit I used to enjoy making Maps and went onto making maps for Call of duty and modern warfare and ended up doing lots of tutorials for Radiant based mapping on You-tube.

don't even know if this place is alive I could be talking to myself...

Anyway HELLO
Reactions: 8

Re: Hello at work and saw this site

Post by ShocK »

Hi Dave, there's still a few lurkers checking the forum once in a while, more bots than people though!
Are you still kite surfing or are the bones not as bendy as they used to be?

Post by Sauron »

Hi wb

You still got any archives of the stuff you made?

Post by Dave »

Haha shock I'm afraid I piled on a few pounds since then, but yeah I do go out now and then for a fly more than boarding or buggying crazy to think this forum is here :wacko: but great what do you do these days and games your playing ??

Sauron I do have all of my stuff on a hard drive the sof stuff and cod nowa days I draw kitchens and shower rooms on a pc :bored: :lol: definitely not as fun as drawing a map I'm guessing your a mapping type person :ghehe:

Post by Sauron »

Oh wow didn't expect that at all, Nah I am not really the mapping type. but some of the few shock was talking about are.
Most of us left here have been doing some sort of archiving, returning players are a gold mine for valid .m32 files for example.
Are you willing to hook up said hard drive :-O?
I'll pm you details for dump location. anything SoF related it welcome.

Some links mentioning you.
https://www.sof1.org/viewtopic.php?f=2& ... ngR#p39999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.sof1.org/viewtopic.php?f=16 ... ngR#p29817" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The value your maps have brought to SoF is immense.
Reactions: 0

Post by Oldskooler »

Hellow wb old fellow

Post by Dave »

Sauron wrote:Oh wow didn't expect that at all, Nah I am not really the mapping type. but some of the few shock was talking about are.
Most of us left here have been doing some sort of archiving, returning players are a gold mine for valid .m32 files for example.
Are you willing to hook up said hard drive :-O?
I'll pm you details for dump location. anything SoF related it welcome.

Some links mentioning you.
https://www.sof1.org/viewtopic.php?f=2& ... ngR#p39999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.sof1.org/viewtopic.php?f=16 ... ngR#p29817" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The value your maps have brought to SoF is immense.

As soon as I get a moment I will there’s more mapping stuff like .map files bsp files you see if I ever formatted I just used to copy my whole Sof folder so there should be plenty of .m32 files probably some maps that never made it as well the last map was a moving train carriage jumping for ctf

I wouldn’t go as far as saying immense it was something we all enjoyed doing in spare time.. how life changes

Post by nottmoto »

Hey Dave' good to see your still around :mrgreen: you were mapping in COD 4 the last time I talked to you, still mapping?

Post by Dave »

Hey good to hear from you again motto one of the wackiest mappers I’ve ever had the pleasure to talk with no I’m not mapping all though I nearly did start during COVID lockdown but work needed me to go back after the first week

How are you doing I mean what do you do with your self these days??

Post by nottmoto »

Just working but not right now because of COVID.
Most of the time I play Battlefield 5 or COD: Warzone.

I make an occasional map for the 20 players that still playing SOF :lol: when I feel like it.
Did try using the Unreal engine it's free, but with Unreal you have to be good at mapping, making textures and making models because uses models instead of brush's there :eek:

Right now I'm working on like 14 SOF maps some are remakes of some of my older maps.
Here are some maps I made back in 2017: