8 years ago

An old player returning? A newbie? Introduce yourself!
Reactions: 0

8 years ago

Post by Subway »

Hey guys. Just thought I'd introduce myself as none of you will have any idea who I am. I only recently reinstalled SoF from a huge break, mostly due to not being able to get the stock game to work on versions of Windows that isnt XP :fp:

But anyway. I just figured I'd make an account here to see how the community has come along, many of the old servers I'd go on are no longer around. I can only remember a few players, being GTO Toxic, GTO Kitty, and TURBO. GTO was supposedly a girls-only clan but for some reason I'd only ever play on their server in the Raven Software map. Back 8 years ago I remember I'd just sit in GTO Toxic's server until someone came online, being from Australia I generally had a poor ping (we're just so damn isolated) and she would tear me a new one. Only managed to frag her once and I was way too happy lol. Even though I had ping upwards of 300 for the most part, I always enjoyed myself and the community always helped me out when things weren't going right. Like that one guy who talked with me on GTO's server for 30 minutes trying to teach me how to barrel roll and I couldn't do it no matter what he said to do.

If you read though all that, I really appreciate it. I'm looking forward to seeing what has become of the online scene and I'd love some information on what happened to GTO!

Nice to meet you all, Reece.
Reactions: 14

Re: 8 years ago

Post by Evil4N »

http://www.sof1.org/viewtopic.php?t=180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

Hello and welcome.

As far as I know GTO starved a slow death with Toxic being the last one who disappeared from sof. That is some while back though. Wouldn't know the exact story but I believe their website is still around somewhere
Reactions: 0

Post by Subway »

It's a shame because all that's really left of this GTO clan is Toxic's crosshair. She appears to have disappeared off the face of the game completely, she was a decent player too. Appreciate the welcome too, it's nice knowing there's still people dedicated to this game.