Dre / dZer here

An old player returning? A newbie? Introduce yourself!
Dre
Reactions: 0

Dre / dZer here

Post by Dre »

Sup!

I had no idea there was still a community around for so long after I've quit playing. Not sure if anyone still remembers me though, seeing as it's been ages. I mostly played during the early years of the game. Then came back a couple of times after long periods of inactivity. Definitely had some great times with this game. Shooting people's limbs off and enjoying the endless drama on the TCL and Clanplay forums. Some of the clans I remember playing in are =DH=, =DL=, [FRU], [.com], c2o, ]G[. Even though some were only for a brief amount of time.

Anyways, figured I'd take the time to register and say hi :smile:

Re: Dre / dZer here

Post by Fossil »

Hi
Reactions: 2

Post by Picard »

I'm not sure :o Have you also been in [@] or @ fuck knows. They had this asshole shady, not the real cool shady which is me!

Post by voltage »

Hello ol' chap! How is life?
There are still people playing every now and then, and plenty of drama. I'm not sure which is more impressive.
Reactions: 1

Post by butcha »

Ello.
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

Yah I remember u. One of the very few oldskoolers I had no problems with.
Dre

Post by Dre »

Picard wrote:I'm not sure :o Have you also been in [@] or @ fuck knows. They had this asshole shady, not the real cool shady which is me!
Nah, I was never in that team. Your name rings a bell though, guess I always figured you were the same person as the one in [@] :tongue:
voltage wrote:Hello ol' chap! How is life?
There are still people playing every now and then, and plenty of drama. I'm not sure which is more impressive.
I'm good man, how are you? Your name rings a bell as well, but I can't exactly remember who you played for... Maybe <Fi> or [RaF]? :smile:
Evil4N wrote:Yah I remember u. One of the very few oldskoolers I had no problems with.
Haha, I never really understood any point to most of the drama... So I didn't really join into it. It was quite amusing to watch from the sidelines though. Endless arguments about oldskool vs newskool. Even though that's rarely what defines how good a player really is. You have to consider each player in it's prime. And comparing someone who was in his prime during the first years compared to someone in his prime during the later years is something you can't do. People had figured out a bit more about the game and people's playstyles changed. Also, the community was already so small from the beginning and even though SoF is a great game it's always lacked on the competitive format like other succesful games I ended up playing more (Counter-Strike and Quake). If it wasn't a 5v5 game on a TCL/CPL night for me personally it meant nothing. The amount of people hacking in this game doesn't really help either, especially during the early years.

Post by Fossil »

Dre wrote:Haha, I never really understood any point to most of the drama... So I didn't really join into it. It was quite amusing to watch from the sidelines though. Endless arguments about oldskool vs newskool. Even though that's rarely what defines how good a player really is. You have to consider each player in it's prime. And comparing someone who was in his prime during the first years compared to someone in his prime during the later years is something you can't do. People had figured out a bit more about the game and people's playstyles changed. Also, the community was already so small from the beginning and even though SoF is a great game it's always lacked on the competitive format like other succesful games I ended up playing more (Counter-Strike and Quake). If it wasn't a 5v5 game on a TCL/CPL night for me personally it meant nothing. The amount of people hacking in this game doesn't really help either, especially during the early years.
Exactly what i've said. But dont worry just stick around and people will post a random 2v2 they played
Reactions: 6

Post by Fuckemup »

Hello Dre, nice to hear you still alright :)

Post by voltage »

Dre wrote:I'm good man, how are you? Your name rings a bell as well, but I can't exactly remember who you played for... Maybe <Fi> or [RaF]? :smile:
Nice hunch! Indeed, RaF with the russians and later Fi with iLLu & co, it's the clans I played for most apart from HK ^_^~~. Moved on to sof2 as soon as it was released, and later cod1. Good times.
Pretty sure we played some games on sof2, but I might be mistaken (your name isn't Jonas is it?).
Dre

Post by Dre »

Yeah, that's me indeed :smile:
I did play SoF2 casually for a while since it was released. But never really got into it. I did follow the scene a little bit because some real life friends of mine played it a lot. I also met some people from Fi at a lan event in Belgium once when I was playing CS1.6. Can't remember which event it was but they were pretty much dominating everyone there.