Welcome to Soldier of Fortune Community Forums
15 Nov 2018, 17:27


View unanswered postsView active topics



Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
El CasTro 
Author Message
Iraq

User avatar

Joined:
Fri Nov 25th, 2011
Posts: 1787
Reply with quote
Last post of the previous page :
Evil4N wrote:
Aint you the guy who told us the story that you hate maroccans because they beated up your mother ? GG

We should contact Prorace for more sweet stories about Castro's childhood trauma  :cry:

Image

gangster move right there evilan


22 Jun 2016, 09:40
Profile
Netherlands

User avatar

Joined:
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4064

Evilan
evilan
Reply with quote
maker wrote:
Evil4N wrote:
Aint you the guy who told us the story that you hate maroccans because they beated up your mother ? GG

We should contact Prorace for more sweet stories about Castro's childhood trauma  :cry:

so?


When UK votes out of the EU, what do you think what will happen with you Mr Economic Migrant from Poland ?


22 Jun 2016, 22:20
Profile
Netherlands

User avatar

Joined:
Thu Nov 24th, 2011
Posts: 2078
Reply with quote
Evil4N wrote:
When UK votes out of the EU, what do you think what will happen with you Mr Economic Migrant from Poland ?

He´ll join you in the persuit of happiness in The Netherlands. Foreigners unite!


23 Jun 2016, 12:30
Profile
Great Britain

User avatar

Joined:
Mon Nov 21st, 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 3079
Reply with quote
Evil4N wrote:
When UK votes out of the EU, what do you think what will happen with you Mr Economic Migrant from Poland ?

Staying in is the only real option, don't believe the media, we ain't leaving  :mrgreen:


23 Jun 2016, 17:45
Profile WWW
Great Britain

User avatar

Joined:
Mon Mar 16th, 2015
Posts: 426
Reply with quote
Evil4N wrote:

When UK votes out of the EU, what do you think what will happen with you Mr Economic Migrant from Poland ?

Nothing will happen. Im against europe union so happy with brexit, it only means more countries gonna leave, I dont care if it affects me.


24 Jun 2016, 18:45
Profile
Netherlands

User avatar

Joined:
Sat Nov 26th, 2011
Posts: 3151
Reply with quote
ShocK wrote:
Evil4N wrote:
When UK votes out of the EU, what do you think what will happen with you Mr Economic Migrant from Poland ?

Staying in is the only real option, don't believe the media, we ain't leaving  :mrgreen:

Why is that? The best option is to go out and getting your independence back. It does not affect the economy in the way politicians say in the media. They base that on having no economic treaties with the EU countries, but I am pretty sure that the UK will make some treaties before they actually leave the EU.


25 Jun 2016, 11:14
Profile
Netherlands

User avatar

Joined:
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4064

Evilan
evilan
Reply with quote
///


25 Jun 2016, 13:04
Profile
Great Britain

User avatar

Joined:
Mon Nov 21st, 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 3079
Reply with quote
Nijogeth wrote:
Why is that? The best option is to go out and getting your independence back. It does not affect the economy in the way politicians say in the media. They base that on having no economic treaties with the EU countries, but I am pretty sure that the UK will make some treaties before they actually leave the EU.

Yeah this is what's being said, hopefully you're right. It's all up in the air atm, there could just as easily be a mass exodus of businesses to mainland europe where there's no guesswork regarding the future - unless others decide to follow. Watch this space.


25 Jun 2016, 19:39
Profile WWW
Netherlands

User avatar

Joined:
Sat Nov 26th, 2011
Posts: 3151
Reply with quote
FYI, I hope the Netherlands do the same, but I doubt we got the courage to get it that far. Like Putin said, "no country wants to support weak economies". And within the EU this is basicly what it is all about. To get the EU to work, countries would need to be able to choose where their money goes to and if they want to join in on rules or not. As it is now, the EU decides things and a country has to accept that, which is not the idea it started with.


26 Jun 2016, 09:48
Profile
Netherlands

User avatar

Joined:
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4064

Evilan
evilan
Reply with quote
Nijogeth wrote:
As it is now, the EU decides things and a country has to accept that, which is not the idea it started with.

The European parlement decided on these things. And we hold elections for the European parlement.

Nijogeth wrote:
FYI, I hope the Netherlands do the same, but I doubt we got the courage to get it that far. Like Putin said, "no country wants to support weak economies".

If the Netherlands leaves the EU we can shut down the port of Rotterdam and let Antwerpen take over their job.
Supporting weaker economies means creating a market over there were they will buy our goods. It gives people a job.

A good example would be after WW2: When the USA supported the Europe nations in rebuilding their economy.


26 Jun 2016, 15:49
Profile
Netherlands

User avatar

Joined:
Thu Nov 24th, 2011
Posts: 2078
Reply with quote
Nijogeth wrote:
FYI, I hope the Netherlands do the same

You might reconsider this. As a country that's heavily relying on and export to EU countries our economy is pretty much fucked the moment we leave. Right now we're second only to a bigass country like Germany in exporting goods because we're effectively operating our export and thus are the cheapest option for alot of EU countries. The moment we leave we'll become more expensive and become less attractive. Countries like Belgium and France will be more than happy to take over that role. The goal of The Netherlands shouldn't be leaving the EU, it should be making the weak economies leave the EU. The better the general economy of the union is, the more profitable it will be for us dutchies.

The politics within the EU are fucked up though, something should definately happen there.


26 Jun 2016, 18:35
Profile
Netherlands

User avatar

Joined:
Sat Nov 26th, 2011
Posts: 3151
Reply with quote
Evil4N wrote:
The European parlement decided on these things. And we hold elections for the European parlement.

Yes, like I said, a country does not have the power to decide a lot of things for themselves. The elections have no use, as each country gets to vote their own party and the Dutch can not pick a French party for example. Also as the people inside are only thinking for the sake of the entire EU and not for their own country, the whole countrywide elections are just some fake stuff to let people think they actually have a vote in the EU.

Evil4N wrote:
If the Netherlands leaves the EU we can shut down the port of Rotterdam and let Antwerpen take over their job.
Supporting weaker economies means creating a market over there were they will buy our goods. It gives people a job.

A good example would be after WW2: When the USA supported the Europe nations in rebuilding their economy.

Now you actually say something useful. Do you know how many jobs it costs the Netherlands to support to countries? As long as there are no European rules about unemployment, minimum wages, retirements etc., those developing countries keep taking away jobs in the Netherlands, because they can sell at half the price because they have cheaper employees and get funded by the EU.

Not to mention that most of the products made in the Netherlands most likely do not really have a market there, so we do not get a lot back that way either.

And for that closing the port of Rotterdam thingy, that is why we should either slim down the EU (back to its original purpose of easy import and export of goods and people) of get out of it and make new deals with countries that just base on import/export. It is not just leaving the EU and having no more treaties, it is making new treaties before we are out, so nothing changes economy wise, just politically.

Emirate wrote:
You might reconsider this. As a country that's heavily relying on and export to EU countries our economy is pretty much fucked the moment we leave. Right now we're second only to a bigass country like Germany in exporting goods because we're effectively operating our export and thus are the cheapest option for alot of EU countries. The moment we leave we'll become more expensive and become less attractive. Countries like Belgium and France will be more than happy to take over that role. The goal of The Netherlands shouldn't be leaving the EU, it should be making the weak economies leave the EU. The better the general economy of the union is, the more profitable it will be for us dutchies.

The politics within the EU are fucked up though, something should definately happen there.

Like i said above, we would need to make new treaties. It is not just leaving the EU and nothing else changes. We would make new treaties and that way, the impact economywise would be so small and the positive effect on the political side so great, that it would be better than the current trouble. Best thing though is to slim down the EU, so that it has no more political power.


26 Jun 2016, 20:11
Profile
Netherlands

User avatar

Joined:
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4064

Evilan
evilan
Reply with quote
Nijogeth wrote:
Evil4N wrote:
The European parlement decided on these things. And we hold elections for the European parlement.

Yes, like I said, a country does not have the power to decide a lot of things for themselves. The elections have no use, as each country gets to vote their own party and the Dutch can not pick a French party for example. Also as the people inside are only thinking for the sake of the entire EU and not for their own country, the whole countrywide elections are just some fake stuff to let people think they actually have a vote in the EU.


They can, the French party can decide to be elected in The Netherlands too. A party from the UK was electable in many EU countries in the last election. Also it depends on the party which interests they will serve. There are parties within the parlement that only serve their own country.

Nijogeth wrote:
Evil4N wrote:
If the Netherlands leaves the EU we can shut down the port of Rotterdam and let Antwerpen take over their job.
Supporting weaker economies means creating a market over there were they will buy our goods. It gives people a job.

A good example would be after WW2: When the USA supported the Europe nations in rebuilding their economy.

Now you actually say something useful. Do you know how many jobs it costs the Netherlands to support to countries? As long as there are no European rules about unemployment, minimum wages, retirements etc., those developing countries keep taking away jobs in the Netherlands, because they can sell at half the price because they have cheaper employees and get funded by the EU.

Not to mention that most of the products made in the Netherlands most likely do not really have a market there, so we do not get a lot back that way either.


Lol, how would it cost jobs from the Netherlands to support those countries ? East-Europe and South-Europe are no longer low-salary countries, Asia has stole that role from them. Which is another reason to keep the EU as we are dealing with competitors like China, Brasil, India and the US. As a unified EU we have import-taxes for their cheap products which are entering the EU.

Nijogeth wrote:
And for that closing the port of Rotterdam thingy, that is why we should either slim down the EU (back to its original purpose of easy import and export of goods and people) of get out of it and make new deals with countries that just base on import/export. It is not just leaving the EU and having no more treaties, it is making new treaties before we are out, so nothing changes economy wise, just politically.

If the Netherlands is going to leave EU on it's own, it will not be in EU's interests to give us "fair" treaties. We will be seen as a competitor. Which is what will happen with the UK now in their negotiations: The EU will treat Britain like Greece.

Nijogeth wrote:
Emirate wrote:
You might reconsider this. As a country that's heavily relying on and export to EU countries our economy is pretty much fucked the moment we leave. Right now we're second only to a bigass country like Germany in exporting goods because we're effectively operating our export and thus are the cheapest option for alot of EU countries. The moment we leave we'll become more expensive and become less attractive. Countries like Belgium and France will be more than happy to take over that role. The goal of The Netherlands shouldn't be leaving the EU, it should be making the weak economies leave the EU. The better the general economy of the union is, the more profitable it will be for us dutchies.

The politics within the EU are fucked up though, something should definately happen there.

Like i said above, we would need to make new treaties. It is not just leaving the EU and nothing else changes. We would make new treaties and that way, the impact economywise would be so small and the positive effect on the political side so great, that it would be better than the current trouble. Best thing though is to slim down the EU, so that it has no more political power.

Slimming down the EU is not a solution. Slimming down the EU means that the EU-countries can create their own rules. Creating their own rules means the fall of the European internal market: A product which enters the EU will have to fit to each EU-country's criterium. This will make the EU more expensive which means the products they export to the EU will be more expensive to buy for us civilians.

Producers will probably stop selling their products in the smaller EU countries and only focus on big countries like France, UK, Italy, Spain and Germany. Also it will start a competition among the EU countries themselves to be the most cheapest to the outside world. Which means our welfare-state in the Netherlands will crumble as it is too expensive. Same goes with our salary: It goes down while the unemployment rate will increase and many companies will move to the bigger countries. The Netherlands will become poor. But unlike China we don't have the manpower to benefit from the low-salary for a cheap labor-force. Our country is too small for that.

In order for the Netherlands to survive this, we probably have to knock to Germany and beg them to accept us as one of the German states in Germany.


26 Jun 2016, 21:18
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Topic Views: 2005


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Top
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
www.sof1.org