server version bug

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
Reactions: 9

server version bug

Post by Emirate »

Hello all.

I knew about the bug with the version 12 servers. They can be easily hacked by some people. One of those people apparantly thinks it's cool to make my server crash.

for those who don't know who that guy is, it's dende. For the ones who don't know who dende is:
this noob: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1065195253

So. Since I don't like people to waste my money by crashing/abusing things that are not theirs i'd like to have some feedback on how to solve this rcon hacking problem. I tried to replace the t21 for the t11 one but apparantly that didn't work.

thx in advance :)
Reactions: 0

Re: server version bug

Post by smokestaH »

Whats his problem? :sleep1:
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

noob i explained you how to fix it :dry:

Post by Emirate »

Evil4N wrote:noob i explained you how to fix it :dry:
true. didn't work as you experienced yourself :tongue:

thx for helping me out btw :)

Post by Evil4N »

np, problem is now temporary fixed.

Post by Rico »

Emirate wrote:Hello all.

I knew about the bug with the version 12 servers. They can be easily hacked by some people. One of those people apparantly thinks it's cool to make my server crash.

for those who don't know who that guy is, it's dende. For the ones who don't know who dende is:

So. Since I don't like people to waste my money by crashing/abusing things that are not theirs i'd like to have some feedback on how to solve this rcon hacking problem. I tried to replace the t21 for the t11 one but apparantly that didn't work.

The only solution I know is:

>http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=514968691
>http://www.facebook.com/dave.fenner
>http://www.facebook.com/lpfenner
1. Pick one of Dendes family members.
2. fuck that shit up.
3. ???????
4. PROFIT!

He will never crash your server again.
Ofcourse with a fake FB account and behind 7 proxies :(

Post by Huso »

Rico wrote:
Emirate wrote:Hello all.

The only solution I know is:

>http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=514968691
>http://www.facebook.com/dave.fenner
>http://www.facebook.com/lpfenner
1. Pick one of Dendes family members.
2. fuck that shit up.
3. ???????
4. PROFIT!

He will never crash your server again.
Ofcourse with a fake FB account and behind 7 proxies :(
his best family member is his computer, he dont care about his real family :mrgreen:

Post by Persian »

Keep game related things and family seperated. Those two things don't belong on the same level (you crash my server, I'll harass your mother?!)

Just ask dende for a fix. I'm sure he is just trying to point out the flaws in the current versions in the hope ctrl or someone else picks it up and fixes it.
Reactions: 8

Post by ShocK »

It's easy fo fix (although it's not exactly broke, just a quake exploit) As you say just ask ctrl and he'll tell you which file to swap.

Before
1 minute later

Post by Evil4N »

Persian wrote:Keep game related things and family seperated. Those two things don't belong on the same level (you crash my server, I'll harass your mother?!)
So when Hayo decided to ban all TDW/VoW members from TT server in 2006, I was right to took it on his TT forum ? :mrgreen: (proboards TT forum, green colored, reported by me)

But on the other hand TT members where crying to report me to police when I hijacked TT server and kicked+blocked them from it :clap:

@Shock, aint easy to fix since Vitinetworks only gives limited ftp access :sleep:

Post by ShocK »

How limited? If it's one of those file manager thingys is it possible to rename files? (Append file with tilde.) Overwriting and deleting is probably disabled.

Post by Evil4N »

I tried renaming aswell, but still didn't worked.
Last edited by Evil4N on 04 Apr 2012, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ShocK »

Append file with tilde as though saving it as a backup file.

Post by Emirate »

Persian wrote: Just ask dende for a fix. I'm sure he is just trying to point out the flaws in the current versions in the hope ctrl or someone else picks it up and fixes it.
Right, dende is the lovely nice guy... Just like you would rob a bank to show the police how vulnarable their security is right?

If, and I doubt it, he wants to point out that the servers lack security, it would be polite to ask me if he could crash my server. Which will be a no ofcourse since I paid for that server to be online.

If he wants to point out this problem so bad he would hire his own server, name it whatever he feels like and make that one crash. Or ofcourse, just tell it on these forums and ask for permission to prove it. Would save others a lot of time and frustrations wouldn't it?

Nice theory persian, but i don't buy it. I think ''graham'' is just a bored little kid who has nothing else to do than waste another person her/his time and effort and being an annoying twat. Also known as ''asshole''.

@shock: viti doesn't allow to overwrite the original .dll files. Won't matter if you rename it or not, as soon as you change it back to a .dll file it gets denied.

and a big lol @rico's reply :lol:
Reactions: 1

Post by butcha »

Emirate wrote:
Persian wrote: Just ask dende for a fix. I'm sure he is just trying to point out the flaws in the current versions in the hope ctrl or someone else picks it up and fixes it.
Right, dende is the lovely nice guy... Just like you would rob a bank to show the police how vulnarable their security is right?

If, and I doubt it, he wants to point out that the servers lack security, it would be polite to ask me if he could crash my server. Which will be a no ofcourse since I payed for that server to be online.

If he wants to point out this problem so bad he would hire his own server, name it whatever he feels like and make that one crash. Or ofcourse, just tell it on these forums and ask for permission to prove it. Would save others a lot of time and frustrations wouldn't it?

Nice theory persian, but i don't buy it. I think ''graham'' is just a bored little kid who has nothing else to do than waste another person her/his time and effort and being an annoying twat. Also known as ''asshole''.

@shock: viti doesn't allow to overwrite the original .dll files. Won't matter if you rename it or not, as soon as you change it back to a .dll file it gets denied.

and a big lol @rico's reply :lol:
Well its pretty common ppl who likes to hack,program etcetc do it to point out flaws in a system, just like 10 years ago ppl said aimbot wont b done in this game it later was :cool:

Post by ShocK »

If the file can't be changed from SoFplus.dll to SoFplus.dll~
And then upload T11 SoFplus.dll then all I can suggest is contacting Vitinetworks.

Post by Emirate »

butcha wrote: Well its pretty common ppl who likes to hack,program etcetc do it to point out flaws in a system, just like 10 years ago ppl said aimbot wont b done in this game it later was :cool:
Emirate wrote: If he wants to point out this problem so bad he would hire his own server, name it whatever he feels like and make that one crash. Or ofcourse, just tell it on these forums and ask for permission to prove it. Would save others a lot of time and frustrations wouldn't it?
some retards should keep in mind you're fucking with someone else his property. Fine by me if you want to point out the flaws of a system but don't put others in a shitty situation which you caused. If you want to prove it so badly, if you think it's important enough, be a man and put yourself in that situation. Now the bigtime hackers might have a point since gouvernments etc don't listen to them. But if someone in a small community like this says: hey, i found a bug. Let me prove it to you guys. I'm sure someone will say: okay you can test it on my server. But mr graham finds it necessary to ''hack'' someones rcon and start kicking everyone in the middle of a match?

even computernerds like him can't be that retarded to do something that stupid if you're trying to do a ''good thing''. Just to answer your example of the aimbot. Why would you even make an aimbot? To prove there's a flaw in the anticheat? Cool, send it to the anticheat manufacturer. Problem solved. Don't spread it and say: OMG LOOK AT WHAT I DID. Seems like some desperation for attention and recognition. Don't get me wrong, that's human, but try to achieve that via a more mature way...

If he would've told us about this problem, on this forum for example, everyone would've replied with: ok, thanks for pointing this out! Instead of making this kind of topics...But I guess graham enjoys hacking this stuff and the ''power'' too much. Ah well, didn't expect better from him, gotta be honest on that one.

Post by PoWaH »

:acad:

Post by d3nd3 »

I was in the server but i didn't type anything in the console the entire time. Your opinions and viewpoints are coming across pretty strong, if you are using a t12 don't expect anything better than not having control of your server. Quit blaming the humans for taking power from something which says "I am Yours". Its YOUR fault, accept it and walk away , upgrade to t11 and stop whining.

Post by Rico »

d3nd3 wrote:I was in the server but i didn't type anything in the console the entire time. Your opinions and viewpoints are coming across pretty strong, if you are using a t12 don't expect anything better than not having control of your server. Quit blaming the humans for taking power from something which says "I am Yours". Its YOUR fault, accept it and walk away , upgrade to t11 and stop whining.
He probably checked the logs.
Even if you didn't do it, there is plenty enough reason to fuck your facebook hipster shit up.
Stay with your hands off someone elses property.