strange errors

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
Reactions: 0

strange errors

Post by Greatest »

The comunity Edition totally f***** my sof up, i could only go fullscreen in 1 solution... same size as my desktop. Rest was vid_fullscreen 1, but 2-3 inches on left and right side is black. Only solution working sux asswell then i get jumping fps 120-30 specially when i meet enemies. Not playable for me!
Tried to post my issues here by posting jpg screenshots, when i open sof/user/screenshot folder... it say its empty no .TGA files at all, and if i open sof and press f11 it says in the console creating screenshot 07 blabla... even when i do search in the computer i dont find them lol.
Buggy old game, specially on newer computers it seems like.. anyone know what to do?
Reactions: 2

Re: strange errors

Post by CasTro^ »

What do you got to offer besides a pancake with honey? :happy:
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

Give the sof and screenshot folder rewrite rights and you can make screenshots and demos again.

You can just go to the video options to change the sof screen resolution. It is changeable since the responding command is in the config file and nolonger in the autoexec file as in previous editions.

Maebe the fullscreen option worked wrong because double-monitor was on ? Put it off and try again.
Reactions: 8

Post by ShocK »

The standard auto setting for 1680x1050 left a 2-3cm black gap on the right side and 1st line of writing in game was off the top of the screen for me.

Post by Evil4N »

Weird, did you closed and started your sof twice to notice any difference ? The first launch of your SoF installation can sometimes be a "rude" experience.

Post by ShocK »

Nah, just uninstalled it and went back to trusty sof1.exe with the 50MB mappack ;)

Post by Denial »

community edition is fucking shit, made by a dumbass indian cunt.. THUMBS DOWN !

Post by Evil4N »

Conservative as usual, expected from the sof1.org webmaster :)

Post by ShocK »

Probaby did what a 1st timer would do, I think it needs some sort of FAQ's.txt file or something that installs to your desktop, a sort of dummies step by step guide on basic stuff like manually setting your own resolution. Just don't clutter the desktop with stuff otherwise people have a tendency to dump the lot in the recycle bin.

Or a html link to a page on that site of yours ;)

Post by Evil4N »

There is nothing to guide for it. If the newest sofplus client is not working as intendent, then it should be fixed instead making a guide to work around it.

Thats my responsibility, but guides etc.. sofdownload.com links to sof1.org for support, so stop pointing at me and take your responsbility, which you will never can. You also did shit regarding support and guides when V4.0 was pointing directly to sof1.org.

lmfao, if sof1.org is going to fail to support these new players then I will link to doghouse forums instead, haha.

Post by ShocK »

You don't need a spare tyre, just fix the puncture. A block of flats doesn't need a staircase when the lift breaks, just wait for the maintenance man..... v5.0 no manual included!
Alll I offered was a bit of constructive advice, no need to go al cunty about it ffs.... Oh and link it where you like, who gives a shit.

Post by Evil4N »

Wasn't my intention to go on personal, was merely joking a bit.

What annoys me is that these problems gets only known after I have re-released the torrent, while the normal http download was already available for a week.

Post by Greatest »

any download links to the original sof game? :unsure: thanks

Post by Evil4N »

Greatest wrote:any download links to the original sof game?  :unsure:   thanks
Delete config.cfg from your user folder and you got your original.

Post by Persian »

Evil4N wrote:..blabla which you will never can....blabla

Post by Evil4N »

Someone give Persian a tissue, thanks.

Post by Greatest »

Evil4N wrote:
Greatest wrote:any download links to the original sof game?  :unsure:   thanks
Delete config.cfg from your user folder and you got your original.
If it was that simple lol, i had this error before.. on another laptop.
Something inside comunity version dont let me go highscreen, same shit if u delete the config ofcourse..

Post by ShocK »

http://www.sof1.org/viewtopic.php?f=160&t=1052#p7376" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reactions: 2

Post by CasTro^ »

Hoi Persik.

Post by Greatest »

This is what i meant... but when i open the picture in paint, only right side seems messed up. :wacko:
when i open sof left side is the same as right one in this picture, version v2.0 was the same btw :wacko:
Attachments
sof00.jpg