Quark convert .tga to .m32

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
Reactions: 14

Quark convert .tga to .m32

Post by Evil4N »

About your quark, it doesnt convert .tga to .m32 as it should be. It annoyed me for several hours before I gave up.
Last edited by ShocK on 06 Jan 2016, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Splt from http://www.sof1.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4178
Reactions: 0

Re: Quark doesn't start in W7

Post by DanielPharos »

Evil4N wrote:About your quark, it doesnt convert .tga to .m32 as it should be. It annoyed me for several hours before I gave up.
What is the problem exactly? Does the .tga file open correctly in QuArK? If so, do the colors come out wrong in the .m32, is the .m32 file corrupt, or do you get an error message?

(@Moderators: Maybe this should be split off into another thread? I don't want to hijack this one, converting it into a generic QuArK-support thread.)
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

The colors come out wrong and it doesn't show inside sof. (Changing the ingame-gamespy logo in the multiplayer browser to a sof1.org logo).

Sauron also tried it, but to no avail.
Reactions: 1

Post by MinatO »

Pretty cool to see one of the Quark developers on this forum.

Post by DanielPharos »

Evil4N wrote:The colors come out wrong and it doesn't show inside sof. (Changing the ingame-gamespy logo in the multiplayer browser to a sof1.org logo).

Sauron also tried it, but to no avail.
Oh my... I just looked at the .m32 saving code (I didn't write it). It's... quite a mess! :eek: So much is being omitted when writing the .m32 file, I can't imagine it ever worked decently. So I guess that's now quite high on my ToDo-list!
MinatO wrote:Pretty cool to see one of the Quark developers on this forum.
Thanks! And it's quite awesome to see such enthusiasm for SoF1 still exists! I just hope I can splat all the bugs that you guys encounter in QuArK, so you can actually use it to create some sweet content! :smile:

Post by DanielPharos »

Ok, I have managed to whip something together that should straighten out the color-issue when exporting .m32 files.
Link: http://quark.sourceforge.net/downloads/ ... an2016.exe

Please let me know if this version of QuArK produces somewhat more usable .m32 files. :biggrin: