Anyone knows the line for sound quality?

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
Reactions: 0

Anyone knows the line for sound quality?

Post by Cold »

Heylo,
I've been recently experiencing some weird issue. All of sudden my sound quality became freaking poor on the launch. I need to manually enhance this setting every time I run the game, as a result. Anyone knows perhaps a line that can be put into autoexec so this doesn't happen anymore?

The really weird part is that I didn't really change anything in game settings nor in autoexec.
Attachments
2016-01-16_154426_339.png
Reactions: 2

Re: Anyone knows the line for sound quality?

Post by Sauron »

set s_khz "44"

Post by Cold »

Sauron wrote:set s_khz "44"
Thanks, it does work... I mean it sets sound frequency to the amount I want it to. Nevertheless, my issue is persistent and the sound is still poor. For instance I can force khz to 48 in my autoexec, but the sound quality is still freaking poor (even though the setting in settings presents the value of 48). This is so odd...

Once I set it manually by clicking the setting a few times back to 48 the sound is as it's expected to be, lol.

Post by maker »

U mnie zmieniło się tak ze 22 kHz brzmi tak jak 44 powinno

Post by Cold »

maker wrote:U mnie zmieniło się tak ze 22 kHz brzmi tak jak 44 powinno
no u mnie tak jak piszę... mogę mieć ustawienie dobre wymuszone w autoexec'u ale mimo to dalej dźwięk jest mega chujowy.
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

Do the same thing as you used to do with SoF shortcut & set console 1.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Raven\SoF\SoF.exe +s_khz 44 +return
+return opens console instead main menu
+menu join for server list.

Post by Cold »

Sauron wrote:Do the same thing as you used to do with SoF shortcut & set console 1.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Raven\SoF\SoF.exe +s_khz 44 +return
+return opens console instead main menu
+menu join for server list.
Thanks for the contribution, but this doesn't help either... anyways it's not a showstopper so I can live with it for now, lol. I'll try to reinstall the game perhaps later.

EDIT: it's some sort of an inner conflict... something autoexec / user directory related. I just installed a fresh version and it's all good as long as I keep my stuff off lol.
Reactions: 15

Post by Acadie »

Cold wrote:
Thanks, it does work... I mean it sets sound frequency to the amount I want it to. Nevertheless, my issue is persistent and the sound is still poor. For instance I can force khz to 48 in my autoexec, but the sound quality is still freaking poor (even though the setting in settings presents the value of 48). This is so odd...

Once I set it manually by clicking the setting a few times back to 48 the sound is as it's expected to be, lol.
of course it wont work until you do a "snd_restart" in console

Post by Cold »

Acadie wrote:
Cold wrote:

of course it wont work until you do a "snd_restart" in console
okay, LOL. I put it into my autoexec: "snd_restart" and my issue is gone. That's genious! :dancban:. Anyways... it took me a couple of tries to make this work since "snd_restard" doesn't do shit. :fp: It's still better than sending an e-mail to a customer with a line "with best retards"...