Missing muzzle flash and shot sounds on certain areas

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
Reactions: 8

Re: Missing muzzle flash and shot sounds on certain areas

Post by d3nd3 »

I believe it will only disable the exhaust from tanks.

EDIT: By the way did you notice that the smg's yellow light flash is not visible at 150 fps, but at ~30 fps it is? I'm curious about this one
Reactions: 0

Post by godzilla »

d3nd3 wrote:I believe it will only disable the exhaust from tanks.

EDIT: By the way did you notice that the smg's yellow light flash is not visible at 150 fps, but at ~30 fps it is? I'm curious about this one
Okay, so this effect only affects the tanks? Good. I'll see if it affects anything else from my playthrough, though I doubt I'll notice anything much.

Also, I found I had a little extra time left, so I actually did go back and try your downloaded file, and it seems to have worked.

So thanks a lot, man. You've been a great help with this. I can probably live without the exhaust, though I wonder why it's just the exhaust that causes this bug? Is it because there's too much exhaust during those moments or something?

Well, I can live without it, so I just hope it doesn't adversely affect anything else.

EDIT: I didn't notice that much, actually. I still have mine locked to 60FPS and the flash occurs all the time. The only time the muzzle flash doesn't occur is when I'm near the tanks. Could be another thing tied to framerate, though. The problem was mitigated, albeit not fixed, when I limited the FPS to 60, so I'll keep it that way just as an extra way to keep the effects down and prevent glitches.
Reactions: 8

Post by d3nd3 »

WARNING: dont put empty file in user/effects/environ it will cause crashes, The deletion from pak method works tho. i think.
Reactions: 0

Post by godzilla »

d3nd3 wrote:WARNING: dont put empty file in user/effects/environ it will cause crashes, The deletion from pak method works tho. i think.
Yeah I just put it in a .pak file via PakScape, though I dunno if that’ll cause crashes. If it does, I’ll delete it when I’m back at my PC.

Though would deleting the file in Pak0 also cause crashes? I can’t test it extensively at the moment.

EDIT: So as an update to this, it seems like adding an empty file in a dedicated pak seems to fix the problem without crashing, so I can consider this probably basically fixed. It's unfortunate that I have to remove some stuff, but so long as the exhaust is only for the tanks, I can live without it so long as the guns themselves work well.

Thanks a lot for the help. If there's more to this that you know of, let me know as well. Thanks. I'll update if I do start encountering crashes, as my testing isn't for a full playthrough yet.