Hidebot 1.1 crash

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
Reactions: 0

Hidebot 1.1 crash

Post by Haunebu »

I have a problem with Hidebot 1.1. My game crashes on picking up any weapon or item (even in singleplayer). If bots pick up something the game also crashes. I have platinum edition from GOG. Any way to fix this?
Reactions: 5

Re: Hidebot 1.1 crash

Post by Trekker »

Got me thinking, I had similar issue but for me, every time I walked over an entity (weapons, ammo, health and such) the game paused for lets say a second but never crashed, trying to remember what I did, Acadie was in the server with me, may be he remembers what I/ we did ... hmmm

Need more info tho.

GoG version checked

Have you applied SoFplus? If yes which one?
Are your drivers Libraries and OS all up to date?
Any packs in base folder?
What settings have you changed after installing the game?
Any autoexec?

If you still have this issue, are you willing to download the original Platinum version and try? Even the Community Edition?

I am getting closer remembering my situation, I think better at night after few beers ... may be it hits me then, just pass Noon here in the Great White North.

Post by Haunebu »

I did install SoFPlus for the GOG version, the newest one which is 20140531 I believe.
All drivers and stuff are up to date, no other mod packs installed, nothing changed in the autoexec.
I only changed the graphic settings to max (bunch of options).
Reactions: 15

Post by Acadie »

Hidebot has always been in conflict with SofPlus like two angry neighbours. If I remember correctly, V1.0 is a more stable version than 1.1 which should help having fewer issues.

Post by Haunebu »

OK I reinstalled, and removed sofplus. Still the game crashes on weapon/item pickup. Where can I find Hidebot 1.0? I've only found 1.1.

Post by Trekker »

You said even in the single player, how do you run a server when not in SP?

I thought GoG had removed abilities or at the least the files to run a Dedicated Server. I don't know if the in-game Start Server works with GoG or reliable.

SoFplus supposedly does not support bots but we've had no issues with bots and SoFplus.

Are you using the Hidebot with the in-game start server or setting up bots from the Start Server menu? Or somehow figured out how to run a dedicated using GoG version?

I would install SoFplus Server as well as Client, use Hidebot 1.1 run a dedicated server with "Public" set to "0" and join the server on the same computer even from the in-game server list.

Or if you can explain your steps and desired end results.

I be looking for that 1.0 version later today. Think I have it but on another back-up drive or DVD-R
Reactions: 15

Post by Acadie »

I missed the point where you also crashed in Single Player which is clearly NOT a hidebot issue.

Trekker wrote:I be looking for that 1.0 version later today.
Not needed. It's the pak2.pak and I dug deeper with versions (both Hidebot and SoF gamex86.dll) and things doesn't seem to match well.

Post by Trekker »

Good since I don't feel like getting to the basement and the darn wind bout an hour ago DESTROYED my patio table, shattered glass all over, be spending sometime cleaning.

At least my third umbrella survived. I need a longer/ stronger base.

His issue is elevated issue I had walking over entities freezing momentarily, I thought.

Post by Haunebu »

If I run the game with parameter +set game hidebot, I can still access single player and the crashing issue is there. I just want to play LAN game with hidebots (stock ones are braindead).

Post by Trekker »

SoF GoG version
apply
sofplus-client-patch-20140531-gog
sofplus-server-patch-20140531-gog
Hidebot 1.1

Run a dedicated, if you need help with dedicated and bots, we can help
Give IP and port to friends

You can also download the Community Edition from here
uninstall GoG
Install CE
apply
sofplus-server-patch-20140531-cd
Hidebot 1.1

Run a dedicated
Give IP and port to friends

Community edition has latest SoFplus Client

That's how I would do it.

EDIT: correction, for LAN Party, all clients on your LAN should see the server in the in-game server list, IP and port only useful for client outside of your LAN