GOG SoF Platinum Not working on Windows 10 64 bit

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
Reactions: 0

GOG SoF Platinum Not working on Windows 10 64 bit

Post by LoneWolf »

I recently bought SoF Platinum on GOG, but even after installing SoF+ I mean extracting the zip into the directory and replacing the default GOG directories and files with SoF+ and using Dende's Windows 10 registry fix the game still won't start. I even manually renamed the SoF.exe to mohaa.exe. No dice. I only get the error: 'LoadLibrary("defsnd.dll") failed.' I have no idea how to get this to go away as I've never tried to play this game before. I did read that SoF 2 suffers from the same issue.

Re: GOG SoF Platinum Not working on Windows 10 64 bit

Post by CheaterSkeeter »

You need an "SoF.exe" in your sof folder, thats what the snd error thing is (just a weird thing for sof)
so rename mohaa? back to sof.exe

If your sof1 still wont start im guessing that you maybe installed the wrong sofplus version? The SoFplus client for GoG is an .exe patch: (please read the readme.txt)

https://sof1.megalag.org/sofplus/downlo ... 31-gog.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But i dont have the gog version to test if that would break it :(

Post by LoneWolf »

Ok, I finally got it to work. I redownloaded the GOG patcher even though I already was using the correct one. Maybe the original download was corrupted as the patcher would never work, but now compared to the community edition the sliding like I'm on ice is much much worse on the GOG version and I can't seem to stop it at all. Someone on Discord told me to turn down the fps but how do I do that?

Post by CheaterSkeeter »

Lets just confirm you have sof+ installed first. Can you see the console by pressing escape whilst not in a game or open the console while in game with the tilde? button?

The fps lag is fixed by sofplus so you shouldnt be experiencing it because:

Code: Select all

_sp_cl_frame_delay
Minimum delay between frames (in milliseconds) (default = 7) (which caps your fps at 142~ stopping the lag)

The community version has sof+ thats why its not lagging.
Reactions: 5

Post by Trekker »

He is interested in Single Player.
Single player with Autoexecs and high FPS is problematic if I recall correctly.

Latest CE apparently has no AE.

Knew you'd be on top of it ;)

Back home tomorrow sometimes, see you on the servers.

Post by LoneWolf »

Hi, turns out the lag spike was only in that one area in level 1 near the security booth the one you have to crouch jump to get into. I jumped and it stopped. It's just a game bug I'm guessing. I'm using SoF+. I was able to open the console fron the main menu. When I wasn't using SoF+, the game wouldn't even boot so lacking SoF+ wasn't what was causing the lag.