Reactions: 0

Download Soldier of Fortune CE

Post by Mips86 »

Hello

Please shared links from SoF v.6 and v6.1
Reactions: 8

Re: Download Soldier of Fortune CE

Post by ShocK »

Ask Evil4N, he's sometimes on discord - https://www.sof1.org/discord.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reactions: 16

Post by Keifer »

If not MODDB has 6.2 on it.
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

Also does this site.
@Mips86
"Please share reason why 6.0 & 6.1"
Most likely the same question Evil4N will ask and if there isn't a valid reason just get 6.2 and check the mods you wanted on the mod page here.
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

Is there a modfree version of the CE SoF? The mappacks etc. are really a good addon but the hud and crosshair mods are not particularly eye candy.

Not that it's worth the effort to change it...but if, for some reason, a new player appears and downloads SoF from here he might be repelled by the cheap looks of the mods. Even though such a mod could be useful and has some nice features I don't think players should be forced to use any mods that only influence the games appearance as that's purely a subjective matter.

Just my 2 cents after installing the CE SoF and spending 20 minutes on removing unnecessary files :mrgreen: Even though 10 of those were spent on trying to remember in which maps the mods were located :unsure:
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

CE has some .pak's in base yes. but it is named so that players can find and remove easily.
Reactions: 16

Post by Keifer »

I feel like this isn't really an issue?
Do we need to publish a guide on how to delete things and go to real basics with some of the players that are getting introduced to this game.
To a degree there's not a whole lot on this forum that can be referenced but then again i think producing the game as a "Community Edition" is somewhat strange, they went after CTRL but haven't in anyway gone after the whole game being pirated XD?

There's needs to be a mixup in this community and i believe people are working on it to some degree, if we could complete and publish a "Game Patch" as opposed to releasing community editions - would cancel out the rights if we made our own patch and don't really include anything of activisions, just put a statement along with it, shouldnt be hard.

Keeping sof within the 1.07f barrier and for say upgrading of that, shouldn't break anything considering Sofplus is within the realms of being able to do that but hasn't been for i imagine good reason but it would be interesting.

Replace Quake chat with our own list, make the whisper system to act on a public chat throughout console XD
I wanna look into that <3