Question for ya'll!

General Discussion: SoF Community Forum.
Reactions: 6

Question for ya'll!

Post by Fuckemup »

Its about sof history.
Ok question for ya'll : Wich team/clan do you belive was/is the best ever?

Before people like Evilan and fidel will scream TDW TDW TDW, EF EF EF.
All know they wasn't close clans like EFZ,G,MD,c2o.. yeah i can go on forever as they lost 10-0 TCL against many at those times when alot played this game.
I wan't you to be honest and answer it serious.

Ok heres my top clans/teams over the years :

Newskool : HYP,TT,MP i belive.
atm : VM, EF(i give u that 1 fidelso) or KK we will see next season!

Best ever euro side :
Must of been NL.SEALS they got good at this game early.
Peter,Geusje,Hans,Dave,Bigwill(unbeatable IMO) also had some nice soldiers but not in the top 5.
Bear(muffin)Patja,Caro,Sara,Deniz,Tjalla pretty sure i forgot someone.
or nAz (the old 1) Faught with Seals for 3-4 hours before 10 cap limit end'

little bit later in the game :
eCK Very strong!
First [MoD]Clan... had some sick players like Vampire prolly best ever played this game.
And =CW= With Hippy,Anthrax,Freaked,Loucifer,Sensi,Nameless,Tjallarick,Turbo etc...
MhP also strong same with first RaF Clan
Also TF at one point had strong players.

but think .com was strongest at this times together with eCK/MoD

Later in the game.. 03-07 i belive.
Pretty sure it was ]G[ at one point, we had the best players in the game in the clan you could pick any 5 and still win a league match d:
Geusje,Doa,Skarly,Hippy,Smoke,Fatty,jR,Freak,Proxima,Hazzez,Muere,Craneo,Zoom,Blade,Bob,Weirdo,Nukem,Bleeder,Weedy,Payday,Scar,Ironic LOL as i said pick any 5 d:

also EFZ was strong so was CPG and MD
same with c2o but i say ]G[ as strongest for many years.

US Side :

i'd say )BB) or C*K
And later in the game HÄ or [7]
(BX) !MDK! and [Ñ] was strong tho..
Reactions: 1

Re: Question for ya'll!

Post by butcha »

[T] :troll:

Post by Fuckemup »

Forgot many names on that G List!
Weed,Dre,Butch,Soto etc sorry! :mrgreen:

I asked you to be honest butch.

[T] in sfl? you and me could 5on2 them.. lol

Post by butcha »

i ment [T]DW :dancban:

Post by MinatO »

Based on my personal experiences and faded memories from a long time ago, I would say NL.SEALS or the later called MYTH.
I loved their teamplay and they just seemed unstoppable in a certain period (2002-2003), atleast in my eyes, i've never seen ECK in action back then.

However, a lot of these clans didn't last very long compared to longrunning clans like EFZ, MP, WD, ...
Surely I agree ]G[ was the best when everything was under control, but from my perspective they had a lot of internal issues which made them die and revive again multiple times but based on the most long running clans I would say TT had the most succes over a timespan of 7 years or something.
Reactions: 3

Post by TotalitioN »

I Think u mean ctf clan ? Or from sof ?

Because Many clans u named are dead for à long Time ?

So that is not. Good ? Or àm i wrong ?

So what u mean as best clan ?

Post by Fuckemup »

DOPEhead jolz.. i meant best ctf clans ever in sof1 history.

Agree with you about Myth minato, they were really strong at those times!
Many from the old NL.SEALS team went there.
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

I think it's nearly impossible to compare these clans with eachother. The longer the game excisted, the better the players became. I doubt a clan like .com or md would still be that dominant if they excisted 2/3 years ago (when the clans were still strong, instead of half dead like they are now :p). I'll try tho...

Didn't start playing sof till 2003 so i'll skip the 2000-2003 part. Played vs Seals one time though, but have nothing to compare them with since I had no idea who was good and who wasn't back then :happy:

The 3 clans I considered the best at some point are C2O and G. Had some close matches vs those two clans.

Mp and Wd were good at some point as well, but weren't really consistent enough to be really considered one of the best clans imo (they won a few prizes and stuff but weren't really dominant in my eyes)

And I personally always liked Mad, but I don't see them as the best clan tho.
Fuckemup wrote: atm : VM, EF(i give u that 1 fidelso) or KK we will see next season!
you know you just summed up the half of the sofclans right? :mrgreen:

Post by Fuckemup »

jup, i know prolly more then half.. now SS and T are gone :clap:
But it stands between us!!
Keif,Minato,Muere,Craneo + Welsh/Snake/Crazo/Badnews Will not be easy 5on5 either :mrgreen:

Also liked Mad alot, they gotto have some credit aswell.. prolly the clan that been alive longest in SOF history! Dago,Skorzeny,Evildork,Unique goodplayers, and nice people.
Was very early in the game, as far as i can remember.
Ca also been alive long.
Last edited by Fuckemup on 12 Dec 2012, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

Post by butcha »

Emirate wrote:I think it's nearly impossible to compare these clans with eachother. The longer the game excisted, the better the players became. I doubt a clan like .com or md would still be that dominant if they excisted 2/3 years ago (when the clans were still strong, instead of half dead like they are now :p). I'll try tho...

Didn't start playing sof till 2003 so i'll skip the 2000-2003 part. Played vs Seals one time though, but have nothing to compare them with since I had no idea who was good and who wasn't back then  :happy:

The 3 clans I considered the best at some point are C2O and G. Had some close matches vs those two clans.

Mp and Wd were good at some point as well, but weren't really consistent enough to be really considered one of the best clans imo (they won a few prizes and stuff but weren't really dominant in my eyes)

And I personally always liked Mad, but I don't see them as the best clan tho.
Fuckemup wrote: atm : VM, EF(i give u that 1 fidelso) or KK we will see next season!
you know you just summed up the half of the sofclans right?  :mrgreen:
Mad were around when seals played, so prolly one of the clans that existed longest without dying. armless,evilbork and mytos and dago i think he was called is what i remember
Reactions: 0

Post by Dusty »

mytos was -DARK- you swedish noob, he was prolly swedish too:p.

Anyway you can't say only one clan was the best. I know at some point BAD was very strong, but that only lasted for some weeks. Even ICDP was outstanding at some point with players like Hydra Ape ...

The most stable clans were -DARK-/[P], MAD, MP, WD, EFZ...

Great clans over the years:
- eCK: they were great, but prolly lots of hackers, just like any other clan
- .com: friendly and great clan (was it the Nemo guy that was lots of fun?)
- nl.seals/MYTH: idd great clan, pretty obvious because power, geus, light, ... were playing 10 hours a day
- TF: because they had password "match" instead of "player" on their server, so no noob could enter
- Tu!
- EFZ: great with Voo etc..
- probably forgot a lot of clans: i started playing in 2001, after =CW= and MoD ...

Later on the game clans like MP became strong, G , BAD/HYP and c2o were the strongest in their "era"

Post by smokestaH »

There were different teams good at different times. Some teams were just too good, they would simply dominate the games, ofcourse there were alot of 'good' clans like Tu! etc. They had decent players but were never dominant or even considerd good (imo) When i played in [MD], beating clans like Seals wasnt even a challenge.

For me, the best time in SOF was from 2002/2003 till 2005. Alot of teams (For SoF), players and almost noone had a shitty 200 ping, everyone had the stable cable/adsl/pc. MD ECK .COM etc all had great players but for me when i was in playing with MD at that time was the best team in SOF.

When u are really dominant at a game, u will never lose your skill. So saying MD wouldnt be as good in 2009 as they were in 2003 is bs. We had a great team (When i was in it for more than a year), unique players they would be just as good now if they had continued playing or even not. I semi quit in 2006 i believe it was, i never found it necessary to make an attention "i quit" thread, i simply quit playing actively but clans would still ask me to be on their memberslist so i still played the odd game everynow and then but nothing active, like when i was in ]G[ i played EF on IRQ1 (think i only played 2-3 games/maps total) and i remember thinking who are these guys? I capped 2 flags and we won the first map 2-1 or 3-1. Junior wanted to play second map so i left and G struggled ( :mrgreen: )
Wasnt this when EF was 'active'? Mustve been in 2008 orsomthing, i didnt have a hard time, i wasnt strugglin. I repeated it when i made a 'return' 2-3 years ago, if i didnt have my weird/lag 55 ping i played my game and i didnt feel like i was (semi) gone for 4-5 years. And im nothing special, other skilled players from the past would be able to do the same.

There were 2 players called Mythos, one was dutch other one was swedish. Both played for MAD at some point. Only difference was the age, dutch Mythos was already like 35 back then.

Post by smokestaH »

Ignore the post above, my vote goes to [T]ombstone led to great achievements by Julien.

Ah funny thing i just remembered. When we were in the last [HA], someone (no names mentioned) came up with Julien (To get in the clan, obviously)i had already heard some stuff about him (bad bad bad...bad things) but who cares u know, its all for SoF! Give the kid a chance, see how it goes. We played a random game of 4v4/5v5 on IRQ2, needless to say he was rocking bottom of the scoreboard (as usual) with an amazing 40 point score but he had a valid excuse: "i dont know this map"

Post by butcha »

gotto agree here with smoestah, i quited myself for some years here n there and when i came back took me like 3-4 days and ur back on track basiclly

Post by Emirate »

Dnno smoke, I saw alot of players coming back, who just left 3 months after because they got slapped every match (hippy for example). You, butcha, jr are 3 of the 20/30? who actually got all, or atlest a big part, of their skill back.

Sure players will get their skill back eventually, but will they be better than players who kept on playing for those years? I don't think so. Maybe you capped 2 flags when you were playing with G (best clan at that moment), but would you be able to do that when you would be playing with a less skilled clan with other players in it? (true dominance imo) Alot of players returning underestimated sof I believe, or atleast, some of the players. I don't know exactly how many times i've been called a cheater by a ''returning player'' but I can't count it on just my own 2 hands. And then I don't even mention flux/fabel lol.

The best clans back then would still be good now, just like the players, but would they be able to still dominate the game like they used to? Got my doubts about that. Mainly because more and more players will reach that level because they played vs those great players. I don't know how everyone here gained their skill, but I just kept on playing versus way better players than me. Played alot of 1o1's, 2o2's 3o3's etc. vs way better players and got kicked down the hill for about 600 times, but eventually I was able to beat them. (that's how you do it cheating fucks :mrgreen:) People adapt to the level they're playing on. Ofc some will always have the slight advantage because they play more or smarter, but they wouldn't bet tha dominant I believe. The average skillevel would've been higher tho.

Kinda depends on your point of view I think. I just relate it to what would've happened. You compare the past to the present. Both inaccurate methods but still funny to speculate about this matter ^^ Anyway, waiting for more cool old skool stories :mrgreen:

@butch. Had the same thing, quit for about a year and a half as well (and some shorter stops but i won't count those), when I came back dm was dead but there sure were some ''new'' good players. Didn't took long to gain some skill back, but that was also because you could play vs good players. But then again, there are many players who weren't able to get back on track and just vanished again after a few weeks.

Post by Emirate »

fucking wall of text lol, i'm done for today :mrgreen:

Post by smokestaH »

Dunno when HippY played SoF again, last time was during the end of EFZ when i was in EFZ and he was too.

My point wasnt like oh, look at me, i capped 2 flags thus means i was dominent. I said "I wasnt strugglin". Which i wasnt, i didnt play the game, hopped in a match against im sure players who played every day. And imo we won 2 maps with ease on IRQ1. Wasnt this 'oldskool' vs 'newskool'?

But hey im not sure which players made a lil return in SoF in the last years (Lets say 2008 onwards), lets hear the names, bet bugli did it 5 times atleast.

Post by Fuckemup »

That is right!!
Gameplay was much different back then, I think mostly because people didn't see stats of frags/deaths.. And trying to make it as sexy as possible lol
Just hate those useless camp killz to make stats/score higher, people faught like men and like a team back thenand just cared about the CTF SCORE!

There was many players who started to lose it all after WAX release, many even left the game.
HippY,Matheo and such didn't do good after wax no 500 score in TCL anymore bwahha.
Hippy was sick in =CW= times, after it died and wax came out he joined EFZ and went pretty easy tbh.. don't know if it was because he didn't play so often or that he was hidden something.
close games tho the last ones d:

Found em d: was some league Semi finals if i remember right

dno why i post so many of EFZ vs G, wanted to post the ones with hippy but they were in same folder anyway this topic was about history so here you go!

we didn't go easy on EF back in the day either :

sorry elda d: btw who was EF John?

One thing i gotto disagree with you tho Smoke, never saw [MD] as top clan at any point!
Don't call them bad but never had any problems with them,hehe they also did some wins but not on our strongest teams. and here is clearly some of there best teams d: :

Wdy n Bob losing to prox n soto, wtf? :mrgreen:
Sup nukem

Ahh good old times, GG's! and sorry for spamming the topic (shock if u want can u put em smaller like u did for smoke 1 time thank you)
Reactions: 3

Post by TotalitioN »

We need to put the leageu timelimit off 5 caps win 10 caps Total your caps are the score ... Would be Nice

Post by butcha »

EF Fluxy aka o2 fluxy, who knew back then he wud become such a good player

:wacko: