GameSpy is shutting down. Rest in Peace SoF1?

General Discussion: SoF Community Forum.
Reactions: 0

Re: GameSpy is shutting down. Rest in Peace SoF1?

Post by shinok4 »

but i cant change the setting without dling some form of sof+? (currently dont use sof+ thats why im askin)

Post by CheaterSkeeter »

shinok4 wrote:but i cant change the setting without dling some form of sof+? (currently dont use sof+ thats why im askin)
you need to download SoFplus yes http://sof1.megalag.org/sofplus/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (client download link at bottom)
Reactions: 5

Post by Trekker »

Well shinok, your first and second post are nothing like peas and carrots eh!

I guess megalag server list would be useful to get IPs and Ports ... then there is MHP SoF-Starter but uses Gamespy's Master Server (don't know if this is going to change or not)

Other than that I let someone with more knowledge step in

Edit:
There you go, see what happens when you start to reply then wonder off :biggrin:
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

CheaterSkeeter wrote:
Is Evilan maintaining the community edition still?
Nope, I quit sof remember ? But I still got the files, but since Shock is the one who is hosting the Community Edition, if he wants a new version, I will deliver a new version.

Post by Bender »

Trekker wrote:then there is MHP SoF-Starter but uses Gamespy's Master Server
There is also a SoF things-list in the SoF-Starter :cool:
Reactions: 8

Post by ShocK »

Fades wrote:Nope, I quit sof remember ? But I still got the files, but since Shock is the one who is hosting the Community Edition, if he wants a new version, I will deliver a new version.
If you make one then it can be hosted here sure, personally think it's better kept as original as possible, just the new SoFPlus added when it's out.
Reactions: 16

Post by Keifer »

Fades wrote:
CheaterSkeeter wrote:
Nope, I quit sof remember ? But I still got the files, but since Shock is the one who is hosting the Community Edition, if he wants a new version, I will deliver a new version.
You make me die sometimes Irshaad

Post by Evil4N »

ShocK wrote:
Fades wrote:Nope, I quit sof remember ? But I still got the files, but since Shock is the one who is hosting the Community Edition, if he wants a new version, I will deliver a new version.
If you make one then it can be hosted here sure, personally think it's better kept as original as possible, just the new SoFPlus added when it's out.
Alright I only update the sofplus and the sof1.org link from the 5.1 version. The sof1.master.megalag.org will be standard enabled. Ill be working the upcoming week on it. Does this also means my original sof1.org account can be unbanned ? Time heals the wounds.

Keifer wrote:
Fades wrote:
CheaterSkeeter wrote:
You make me die sometimes Irshaad
Sup Keifer :happy:

Post by Evil4N »

CheaterSkeeter wrote: It can be put into a community edition and be set by default easily, we just have to wait for @3klnk4jh to make a version worth releasing because anything that is put into a community edition is going to plague sof1 for eternity *Cough* Annoying spam on connect, so it needs
Haha, yeah that spam on connect is so awesome. Ill update that one too with the sof1.org link. By the way to remove that spam: you need to replace the pak0.pak file or the pak1.pak file. I can't remember exactly which one. Also I think as security meassure I added the spam-script on multiple essential pak files. Credits to Dende for identifying which .pak files could deliver me the advertisement message on connect.

Post by CheaterSkeeter »

De-ce-ify patch coming soon, patches sof1 to original and does other things

Reactions: 8

Post by ShocK »

Evil4N wrote:Does this also means my original sof1.org account can be unbanned ?
Don't think anyone's bothered either way so....
Evil4N wrote: Ill update that one too with the sof1.org link. By the way to remove that spam: you need to replace the pak0.pak file or the pak1.pak file.
No need for the link, the forums easy to find. It won't be in the portable version.
It's in this one

Post by Evil4N »

Since this auto-updater is working fine, do we still need a updated CE edition ?

If yes, then give me a small reserved FTP space, since the fall of megaupload I don't have space to upload it somewhere.
@shock
Reactions: 16

Post by Keifer »

Evil4N wrote:Since this auto-updater is working fine, do we still need a updated CE edition ?

If yes, then give me a small reserved FTP space, since the fall of megaupload I don't have space to upload it somewhere.
@shock
http://www.mega.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if you doubt its capabilities
Dropbox it :)

same company, more encryption
also, i'm sure you of all people know of other fileupload sites - stop being apart of something evilan :P

Post by Trekker »

So, what is this June 30th thing I'm hearing about, is it just EA Games?!

Also, for the ones who know, does it matter if I changed master.gamespy.com IP in Winblows hosts file to megalag's IP?

Are there any other links "internet" in the exe that SoFPlus does not cover? Not that we ever click them but I keep my host file trimmed, I be either removing gamespy or changing IP for it in the file.

EDIT:

Forget about changing Host file, only good for systems with only one game as I'm sure many players have more games on their system so, not a good idea at all to change IP to megalag for gamespy.
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

still able to see and connect to the servers through gamespy btw...

Post by Trekker »

Initial reports were stating the doom date being May 31th, current info from EA (http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) talks about June 30th.

From http://forum.bf1942.sk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1813" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;