TOP10 players of all time

General Discussion: SoF Community Forum.
Reactions: 1

TOP10 players of all time

Post by MinatO »

Since SOF is dead, I think it's time to share your top10 players of all time.
Which players impressed you? Which players were the best fraggers, defenders or flag cappers?

I'll start with mine:

1. Geus / JuiceMaster

Number one is fairly easy to me. When I started this game in 2001, I used to play every day on the MYTH and MD server. The servers were always full and always had some of the topplayers I remember Muere, Eskobar, Painy, Skarly, Power, Fear, Bullrot, ... playing all the time. Out of all of them, it was always the same player who stood above anyone else. His name was Geus but used to play in the server under "JuiceMaster" with skin shadow. Probably the most intelligent and multifunctional player i've ever seen. As an 11 year old back then, I really looked forward to playing against him every time as he was the guy to beat. One day, I started a clan called DF. It had Vodka, Jonesy, Jimmy (anyone remembers that flamer from clanplay?) and some others. Because Geus was such a nice guy to newbies, he gave us a match. Boy did we get WRECKED. I mean RAPED. It was plain disgusting. You know you're being destroyed when you lose 10-0 in 5 minutes on irqctf1. This opened my eyes on how good he really was and how great a clan MYTH was. This also motivated me to play better and try to join a TCL clan later on.

2. WeirdO

The best fragger I've seen in the first few years of SOF1. This guy used the most fucked up autoexecs (the one with black background and green lines and shit). I believe he was at his peak when playing for FI clan. He outfragged everyone else. Was very known for his skills with a piece. I still don't understand how accurate his aim was with that weapon. I believe he was also in that top5 clanplay video somewhere in 2003. I think Zoomy's and his autoexec were the base for most autoexecs that were used in the latter years of SOF. It's difficult to say if he was better than the other fraggers in this list, but i've put him on 2, since there was a higher amount of great fraggers in this time then in the eras of the players underneath.

3. Muere / Pazey

Well think this one is a fairly obvious one and should be in most people's top10 lists. In day life, he cuts grass but after work he outplayed everyone. He's been consistently at the top since the beginning of the game. I think very few players could beat him and his brother at their peak. Most people considered him to be one of the best in the 2002-2006 era but I honestly believe he was even better in his latter years. This guy would crush players to the point where they doubt themselves and simply call him a cheater. Has been accused TONS of times but never proven. Probably the best combination of a fragger and flagrunner.

4. Craneo

Craneo was kinda in the shadow of his brother (Pazey) but what most people never realised was that he was the better fragger. His stats were unreal even amongst the best. Not many would get 120+ frags against the best team in the league.

5. HippY

HippY is the guy who snipes you on gerctf1 with 1 bullet and makes you ragequit few minutes later. There used to be a time when he, Fatty and Painy played in the same clan (K) and you REALLY wouldn't want to play them on gerctf1. They own that map. They would just snipe or SMG you every time and get you frustrated. This player could handle ANY gun. Even with a shotgun, he was one of the best players of his era, most notably for that one dust2002 game with EFZ. Until today, people still call that game full of shit.

6. Matsu / KaloK

Probably one of the most underrated fraggers of the past. He used to play under MC Kalok together with Shinji. Also the time when Gallo was rocking the MC server under "Economy" name. Many clans were beat so hard that they had a "cheat" reputation. MC Economy and MC Kalok had monsterscores every game. (400+ scores)
Afterwards people found out it was Gallo playing under the economy name but what was really impressive was Kalok who kept up with him. Afterwards he became famous once he joined IX and was just like Pazey, accused on a daily basis. I myself called him a cheater quite often even though there was no actual proof. This guy is the dodgiest player on each corner.

7. Fushy

When Fushy became a topplayer in MP, many of the "oldskoolers" back then used to say he was a cheater. Well that was never proven. Fushy and Dumond were very similar to Pazey and Craneo. I believe if 4 those were all at their peak, Fushy/DumonD would win that fight. Unfortunately this matchup never happened (that i'm aware of) so we'll never know.

8. DumonD / Napalm

What I found interesting about Dumond back in 2005-2007 was his ability to outfrag or outscore opponents, while losing. It's quite common to outfrag your enemies and lose the game. But not when you're playing players of the highest caliber. Until today, I still don't understand how he outfragged Pazey, Craneo, Bleeder, ... when we lost those games vs G on marocctf1.
DumonD is possibly the best fragger of all time but unfortunately didn't win enough or didn't play consistently enough to earn that title.

9. Crapz

Had to put at least one french guy in the top10. Many people will laugh at him being in my list. All the old players used to say that Bugli was the fastest player. Heck every french guy who looked up to Bugli, said it. I disagree, Crapz was the fastest player. He would use the rampjumps so efficiently and cap flags so fast that he'd make you believe he use speedhacks.

10. HayO

I bet you're thinking: LOL what is Hayo doing in that fucking list. "I've fragged that guy so easily". Probably true. But have you ever met a better flagcapper? I'm pretty sure you haven't.
HayO was the most intelligent flag capper in the game. He would turn around 10 routes, not having to frag anyone and then cap the flag. I'm sure you've been in that situation where you were waiting for him at a certain spot and before you knew it, the flag was capped and you'd be like: LUL WTF. What impressed me most was the fact that he actually times/counts seconds. He knows exactly where you are and where he needs to be to avoid you.
Reactions: 0

Re: TOP10 players of all time

Post by smokestaH »

This list is so freakin' bad

Geu$ was a pub star, annoying in pub, average in a 5v5 game. Hans > Geus
Craneo wasnt as dominant as his brother. Craneo is good but not 'top 10'
HippY, honestly, i dont think u even played against him. He quit early and when he came back he was pretty damn bad. I even spoke to him last week, this opinion is as unbiased as it can get.
Kalok, he joined B4E after MC, can you work on your SOF history please? Thanks. And Shinji was actually better
Fushy, lol.
Dumond, he was good.
Crapz, holy fucking shit. Tsyrak, Player, Wolfgang, Mac, Fujin, Laban > Crapz.
Hayo, SoF always been a 'dead game' but when there were 4 divisions in TCL and plenty of teams/players on servers who didnt participate. TT was a div4 team who never really won anything. Yeah he was a decent player but no way top10, even top 20, in any timeline that mattered in SoF. Unless U are talking about SoF 2013 with 4 clans, then sure HayO is the nr1. If by flagcapping u mean hiding in a corner, watching the kill/deaths to snitch a flag and run. Yeah he was good at that. U know what the real players did tho? Enter a base head on like a bulldozer, crackin everyones skull, taking the flag, cracking more skull and leaving the base on a 15 kill spree.

For me the real good players where the players who performed in the official games, when it mattered, with bullets on and 5v5. U might find it funny but there were plenty of players who chocked sunday nights. tier1 vs tier1, 5v5, bullets on, those games were hard as fuck and u really had to try for every kill. I really dont care that u raped everyone when u played 2v2 with infa ammo on a tuesday afternoon.

But yeah your list is pretty shit, these top10 threads are retarded, i could easily name 30 shit hot players, in the end people just name the players they 'like'. Ironic Pain Pest Muere Bear Hans VooDoo Zeltron Stylo Samurai just from the top of my head.

a 'top10' player is a player who is complete and does everything on 95+%. Calling someone a legend because he was good at placing c4 makes no sense.

The real legend is Dusty who carried [P] every sunday, it was the only time of week he played.

Post by butcha »

smokestaH wrote:This list is so freakin' bad

HippY, honestly, i dont think u even played against him. He quit early and when he came back he was pretty damn bad. I even spoke to him last week, this opinion is as unbiased as it can get.
Kalok, he joined B4E after MC, can you work on your SOF history please? Thanks. And Shinji was actually better
Fushy, lol.
Dumond, he was good.
Hayo, SoF always been a 'dead game' but when there were 4 divisions in TCL and plenty of teams/players on servers who didnt participate. TT was a div4 team who never really won anything. Yeah he was a decent player but no way top10, even top 20, in any timeline that mattered in SoF. Unless U are talking about SoF 2013 with 4 clans, then sure HayO is the nr1. If by flagcapping u mean hiding in a corner, watching the kill/deaths to snitch a flag and run. Yeah he was good at that. U know what the real players did tho? Enter a base head on like a bulldozer, crackin everyones skull, taking the flag, cracking more skull and leaving the base on a 15 kill spree.

For me the real good players where the players who performed in the official games, when it mattered, with bullets on and 5v5. U might find it funny but there were plenty of players who chocked sunday nights. tier1 vs tier1, 5v5, bullets on, those games were hard as fuck and u really had to try for every kill. I really dont care that u raped everyone when u played 2v2 with infa ammo on a tuesday afternoon.

But yeah your list is pretty shit, these top10 threads are retarded, i could easily name 30 shit hot players, in the end people just name the players they 'like'. Ironic Pain Pest Muere Bear Hans VooDoo Zeltron Stylo Samurai just from the top of my head.

a 'top10' player is a player who is complete and does everything on 95+%. Calling someone a legend because he was good at placing c4 makes no sense.

The real legend is Dusty who carried [P] every sunday, it was the only time of week he played.
agreed

and minato where the fuck is GT Kami aka UF picolo you prick :ninja: :dry:

Post by smokestaH »

haha good old GT Kami. Story time:

I dont know what led to this conversation but he threatened to DDOS me, knowing him being one crazy motherfucker i believed it straight up. Even made screenshots of the convo and told TCL admins. Dont know what happened afterwards but he DDOS'd me sunday evening. BAD vs FRU, dust2001, BIG TCL DIV 3 or some shit. My internet was slow as fuck 3 kb/sec, not even being able to load up google. SoF nearly unplayable, things wernt looking good. Played the match anyway. Lost 1 map, won 1 map. Cost us the div title. If i wasnt lagging we would've won the hard side easily, no doubt.

I still cry everytime i think about it.
Reactions: 4

Post by Nijogeth »

But then again, your a pussy.
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

What makes a good player anyway?

When I played DM (when that shit was still somewhat populair) there were some players simply outfragging the rest until they started playing ctf where everyone pretty much knows where the enemy is coming from, nades are randomly thrown into a base and they simply had to hunt down a flagcarrier. Same with ctf players trying to outfrag players on deathmatch. It's a whole different kind of game.

The opinion on players is often based on individual skill while the most played gametype (CTF) is team based. What makes you a good player, in my eyes, is when you can do everything above average (or as said before...able to do everything 95%+) and win games for your team. Simply doing what's needed, and doing it well. Getting frags is one thing, putting those frags to good use is another.

Same with everything else...this game is/was so much more than just stats like caps and frags. The most usefull players are the best imo, though they might not have been the best individually.

Because I haven't played with all good players who ever played the game I won't make some stupid ass list because every clan had it's own awesome players who were legendary in their own way. If I can make a suggestion however > Flux. I would pick him on any given day over any guy in minato's list simply because the awesome teamplay i got with the guy (and he's just a skilled player ofc)

Post by butcha »

Emirate wrote:What makes a good player anyway?

When I played DM (when that shit was still somewhat populair) there were some players simply outfragging the rest until they started playing ctf where everyone pretty much knows where the enemy is coming from, nades are randomly thrown into a base and they simply had to hunt down a flagcarrier. Same with ctf players trying to outfrag players on deathmatch. It's a whole different kind of game.

The opinion on players is often based on individual skill while the most played gametype (CTF) is team based. What makes you a good player, in my eyes, is when you can do everything above average (or as said before...able to do everything 95%+) and win games for your team. Simply doing what's needed, and doing it well. Getting frags is one thing, putting those frags to good use is another.

Same with everything else...this game is/was so much more than just stats like caps and frags. The most usefull players are the best imo, though they might not have been the best individually.

Because I haven't played with all good players who ever played the game I won't make some stupid ass list because every clan had it's own awesome players who were legendary in their own way. If I can make a suggestion however > Flux. I would pick him on any given day over any guy in minato's list simply because the awesome teamplay i got with the guy (and he's just a skilled player ofc)
Fluxy would destory most of them guys on that list (yeah i played vs all of em.. 1v1,2v2 etc). both you and fluxy better then crapz ever been.. also better than hayo.. better then 05 wierdo as well (Fi wierdo really.... flubby,illu or bobban were way better) I played in the Fi predecessor called =DH= with flubby,suo and so on so i know wot im talking about. anyway back to hayo. Sure he was a good capper but mostly due to TT had good teamplay.. u threw hayo into a ordinary team and it was a diffrent ball game.

MC kalok? really.. he peaked in WD 06 tbh. :sigh:

Post by MinatO »

Fushy, lol.
Dumond, he was good.

I think you misunderstood the purpose of my post a bit.. It was not meant to argue who was the best, more like who impressed you the most. Just in football, you can't really make up who was the best because of different eras, teams, playstyles, ... I mean would you say C.Ronaldo is a better player than Maldini? Hell no, totally different roles on their teams.

Wow completely forgot about Hans and Voodoo. They were really good indeed. Ironic deserves a spot in top10 as well. That guy was sick. Played with him in MaC together with FuryStar, NickstaR and BEAST who were really nice guys actually. Ironic was above my level at the time. Afterwards he came back again (to play for G I think) and played him when I was on my peak in MP. I still got wrecked apart lol.

To reply on your comments:
Geus -> Just a personal favourite of mine. More like nostalgic reasons why I put him on 1. He was by no means the best of all time from an objective point of view. Heck what would I know, when I played him, I didn't even play in any clans until GT.

Craneo -> I disagree. I always thought Muere was all-round a more complete player than Craneo but when it came purely to frags, Craneo would beat the stats. I feel you and I have a different experience with them since you played with them mostly in MD (what was that, 2001-2003 something?) and I played with them in 2005 (before they joined G) and then after G again with the remade MP and some other bullshit clannames.

HippY -> I played him when I was in GT, MaD, MaC and MP. I believe he was EFZ, RAF, CPG or C at the time so yes I certainly played him. I must honestly admit however that he came back again years after and was nowhere near impressive as in the first years I played him.

Kalok -> Sorry got that mixed up. Shinji was a better all-round player (multifunctional such as yourself) but Kalok impressed me more when it came to them corners. Yes you can say it was due to "inf ammo" but thats bullshit. Torque/Shinji/Kalok were always good/dodgy on corners and limited ammo didn't change a thing. They proved that when playing in the revived EFZ and WD.

Fushy -> Whats funny about this? Have you played with him? He was incredible at his peak. I'm sure people who were in the same clan, can confirm this. I'm confident that if Fushy played the TCL finals with me, bundy, dumond and time, we would have won vs G who had argubly the strongest lineup they ever had. It was a bloodbath with players having 100+ frags on both sides and me/bundy/time were completely outmatched but single handedly carried by Dumond. It was plain disgusting, never did I play a game where it was either 1shot or be 1shotted. I would love to hear Dumond's opinion about this cause I think I even remember him saying that Fushy was the better player of the 2.

Crapz -> I expected this comment. I'm a bit surprised you named Fujin, Mac and Player cause I never thought them to be better than Crapz. I don't think they even played against each other. It might seem funny but when the "golden" MP lineup left/quit. I picked up the pieces with Time, Crapz, KiLLeR, BoxoR and even Evilan. Skill-wise, there were better teams and even though we were inactive, we still managed to beat every team with a huge difference in caps. Most of that was simply due to Crapz and KiLLeR outrunning anyone in the league. These french fucks were really fast. People always hyped up Bugli for his speed but Crapz was definitely equal if not better in that style of playing.

HayO -> Yes Smoke that's exactly what I mean. HayO being on my 10 is completely about the snitchy caps. This is a CTF game is it not? It's not a beautiful style, but you must admit that there was nobody who ran flags like he did. Nobody.
Does it matter if he was average in .com? It's not like you were amazing in every year that you played. You can say what you want but TT was the most succesful clan from 2007 up til now and sorry for the other TT guys but the main reason was HayO. I've played against HayO with the best fraggers that returned or sticked around after 2006 and he outsmarted them all. Just look at TT in general. Nobody of those guys were above average fraggers and still managed to win based on teamwork and Hayo's capflagging. I very well remember, you, pazey, craneo, fluxy, emirate, torque, shinji, peace, prox and basically any other above average player moan and cry about it.

I'm surprised with your Dusty phrase but I guess that's a bit more of bias since he played for BAD and Hyp for a really long time if not always. He was good but no legend at all imo. I wouldn't even put him in a top30. He did carry as [P]aranoid though but don't remember them winning anything relevant in any era of SOF.

A good player is somebody who can fill in any role or combine them all at the same time. Smoke is actually a very good example of a multifunctional player and Fluxy is as well. Based on that only, i'd put him above about half of my list. Fragwise or capwise, definitely not. I've played with you and him against some of the fraggers I mentioned (Dumond, Pazey, Craneo, Fushy, KaLoK) and I don't recall him outfragging them in most of the games.
butcha wrote: agreed

and minato where the fuck is GT Kami aka UF picolo you prick  :ninja:  :dry:
butcha wrote: Fluxy would destory most of them guys on that list (yeah i played vs all of em.. 1v1,2v2 etc). both you and fluxy better then crapz ever been.. also better than hayo.. better then 05 wierdo as well (Fi wierdo really.... flubby,illu or bobban were way better) I played in the Fi predecessor called =DH= with flubby,suo and so on so i know wot im talking about. anyway back to hayo.  Sure he was a good capper but mostly due to TT had good teamplay.. u threw hayo into a ordinary team and it was a diffrent ball game.

MC kalok? really.. he peaked in WD 06 tbh.  :sigh:
LOL KAMI HAHAHA. Man I loved that guy. We were in GT together and that guy was such a troll. Unreal. Wonder what happened to him.

I'm a bit surprised with your comments though. I know you played competitively since the beginning so should know this better than me (I know nothing about 1999-2001). Were you really not impressed by WeirdO in his earlier years (2002-2005) At his peak he was a machine. Afterwards he kinda dropped and dissapeared. Wow I totally disagree with the hayo remark. I've seen HayO play under fake names in other teams and he was actually even better with topfraggers. Then again you make a valid point that TT's teamplay fitted him really well.

Do me a favor Butcha, you've been in MANY clans and give me your top10. Would love to see which names you pop up.

Post by butcha »

MinatO wrote:

Fushy, lol.
Dumond, he was good.

I think you misunderstood the purpose of my post a bit.. It was not meant to argue who was the best, more like who impressed you the most. Just in football, you can't really make up who was the best because of different eras, teams, playstyles, ... I mean would you say C.Ronaldo is a better player than Maldini? Hell no, totally different roles on their teams.

Wow completely forgot about Hans and Voodoo. They were really good indeed. Ironic deserves a spot in top10 as well. That guy was sick. Played with him in MaC together with FuryStar, NickstaR and BEAST who were really nice guys actually. Ironic was above my level at the time. Afterwards he came back again (to play for G I think) and played him when I was on my peak in MP. I still got wrecked apart lol.

To reply on your comments:
Geus -> Just a personal favourite of mine. More like nostalgic reasons why I put him on 1. He was by no means the best of all time from an objective point of view. Heck what would I know, when I played him, I didn't even play in any clans until GT.

Craneo -> I disagree. I always thought Muere was all-round a more complete player than Craneo but when it came purely to frags, Craneo would beat the stats. I feel you and I have a different experience with them since you played with them mostly in MD (what was that, 2001-2003 something?) and I played with them in 2005 (before they joined G) and then after G again with the remade MP and some other bullshit clannames.

HippY -> I played him when I was in GT, MaD, MaC and MP. I believe he was EFZ, RAF, CPG or C at the time so yes I certainly played him. I must honestly admit however that he came back again years after and was nowhere near impressive as in the first years I played him.

Kalok -> Sorry got that mixed up. Shinji was a better all-round player (multifunctional such as yourself) but Kalok impressed me more when it came to them corners. Yes you can say it was due to "inf ammo" but thats bullshit. Torque/Shinji/Kalok were always good/dodgy on corners and limited ammo didn't change a thing. They proved that when playing in the revived EFZ and WD.

Fushy -> Whats funny about this? Have you played with him? He was incredible at his peak. I'm sure people who were in the same clan, can confirm this. I'm confident that if Fushy played the TCL finals with me, bundy, dumond and time, we would have won vs G who had argubly the strongest lineup they ever had. It was a bloodbath with players having 100+ frags on both sides and me/bundy/time were completely outmatched but single handedly carried by Dumond. It was plain disgusting, never did I play a game where it was either 1shot or be 1shotted. I would love to hear Dumond's opinion about this cause I think I even remember him saying that Fushy was the better player of the 2.

Crapz -> I expected this comment. I'm a bit surprised you named Fujin, Mac and Player cause I never thought them to be better than Crapz. I don't think they even played against each other. It might seem funny but when the "golden" MP lineup left/quit. I picked up the pieces with Time, Crapz, KiLLeR, BoxoR and even Evilan. Skill-wise, there were better teams and even though we were inactive, we still managed to beat every team with a huge difference in caps. Most of that was simply due to Crapz and KiLLeR outrunning anyone in the league. These french fucks were really fast. People always hyped up Bugli for his speed but Crapz was definitely equal if not better in that style of playing.

HayO -> Yes Smoke that's exactly what I mean. HayO being on my 10 is completely about the snitchy caps. This is a CTF game is it not? It's not a beautiful style, but you must admit that there was nobody who ran flags like he did. Nobody.
Does it matter if he was average in .com? It's not like you were amazing in every year that you played. You can say what you want but TT was the most succesful clan from 2007 up til now and sorry for the other TT guys but the main reason was HayO. I've played against HayO with the best fraggers that returned or sticked around after 2006 and he outsmarted them all. Just look at TT in general. Nobody of those guys were above average fraggers and still managed to win based on teamwork and Hayo's capflagging. I very well remember, you, pazey, craneo, fluxy, emirate, torque, shinji, peace, prox and basically any other above average player moan and cry about it.

I'm surprised with your Dusty phrase but I guess that's a bit more of bias since he played for BAD and Hyp for a really long time if not always. He was good but no legend at all imo. I wouldn't even put him in a top30. He did carry as [P]aranoid though but don't remember them winning anything relevant in any era of SOF.

A good player is somebody who can fill in any role or combine them all at the same time. Smoke is actually a very good example of a multifunctional player and Fluxy is as well. Based on that only, i'd put him above about half of my list. Fragwise or capwise, definitely not. I've played with you and him against some of the fraggers I mentioned (Dumond, Pazey, Craneo, Fushy, KaLoK) and I don't recall him outfragging them in most of the games.
butcha wrote: agreed

and minato where the fuck is GT Kami aka UF picolo you prick  :ninja:  :dry:
butcha wrote: Fluxy would destory most of them guys on that list (yeah i played vs all of em.. 1v1,2v2 etc). both you and fluxy better then crapz ever been.. also better than hayo.. better then 05 wierdo as well (Fi wierdo really.... flubby,illu or bobban were way better) I played in the Fi predecessor called =DH= with flubby,suo and so on so i know wot im talking about. anyway back to hayo.  Sure he was a good capper but mostly due to TT had good teamplay.. u threw hayo into a ordinary team and it was a diffrent ball game.

MC kalok? really.. he peaked in WD 06 tbh.  :sigh:
LOL KAMI HAHAHA. Man I loved that guy. We were in GT together and that guy was such a troll. Unreal. Wonder what happened to him.

I'm a bit surprised with your comments though. I know you played competitively since the beginning so should know this better than me (I know nothing about 1999-2001). Were you really not impressed by WeirdO in his earlier years (2002-2005) At his peak he was a machine. Afterwards he kinda dropped and dissapeared. Wow I totally disagree with the hayo remark. I've seen HayO play under fake names in other teams and he was actually even better with topfraggers. Then again you make a valid point that TT's teamplay fitted him really well.

Do me a favor Butcha, you've been in MANY clans and give me your top10. Would love to see which names you pop up.
Na.. he still was badass but just not the best one in Fi.. illusion was stronger. TF with metzger,jr,freak etc used too always win vs FI.

FI was wierdo,bugli,illusion,fluby,demon.. most belgium guys in it.

eck and seals were stronger team then Fi too.. im sure jr can confirm that.

the ones i had most problem killing wud b

1.ironic
2. doa (fuckin hell he was badass back in the days)
3.muere
4.craneo
5. zoom
6. hippy
7. fluxy/emi (no matter how much u won vs them.. cocksuckers always had good frags lol)
8. geus
9. wierdo (MD times, not FI.. smoke knows)
10. -wm-pest

now you can put these guys in any order u want and also u got tons of US players aswell. jr in his peak was good too (top 5 video, 1v1 final vs FI demon etc). Best player overall id say muere/craneo.. these guys we mention they come and go and most of em sucked balls when they returned but them twins always remained strong.

im not saying hayo was bad.. but me personally never saw him as a problem as these guys above

Post by smokestaH »

"It's not like you were amazing in every year that you played"

After i ditched the 56k modem, i think i did :mrgreen:

Yeah CTF is about capping the flags. Lets say you could pick Pain in his prime or Hayo in his prime, would you actually pick HayO?

"Do me a favor Butcha, you've been in MANY clans and give me your top10"

Understatement of the year :mrgreen:

Post by smokestaH »

@ Butcha u know whats hilarious; fluby asked me to join <FI> but i HAD to pay monthly, for the server orsomthing. I cannot believe people made such rules (obviously he wanted abit of surplus for himself). I mean in BAD people paid who wanted to, our 'clan' was so messed. On sunday you could meet our Pain Lopes Me Nicky Hydra orwhoever lineup and monday afternoon u could be playing vs BAD^JUNK and BAD^ZENOX (YES THE MAD^ LEGEND), not disrespect to both just saying. The contrast was real.
dmd
Netherlands

Post by dmd »

I can't really think of a top 10 so I will make a top 5.

My top 5 hardest players to frag when I was at my peak: (can't name more)

1: Static (Don't know if he hacked tho, but left after mybpeak)
2: Matsu
3: Fushy
4: Pazey
5: Hazzez

Top players of my Deathmatch period (start of 2002 - 2003)

Xpert
Ghost
-DARK-Tubie
Fragman / Crazyhorse (owned on high ling on USA server tho.
P R E D A T O R
Ape GLD NL

I found some TCL screens so you can compare me and Fushy. Fushy always had a very low deathcount and my overall fragcount was higher. But when we both played at our peaks I think we were unbeatable:

Some more over here:
http://www.sof1.org/gallery/album.php?album_id=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good times.
Last edited by dmd on 21 Aug 2022, 06:22, edited 3 times in total.

Post by smokestaH »

Ya Fushy was playing for the stats, noticed that last time around aswell. His gameplay had no effect, he was just trying to keep high k/d, yeah when you are playing SoF with that in mind, lol too pathetic for words.

Same with Muere, his goal was always to camp. He wanted most kills. It didnt matter if he didnt cap a flag, if he had 70-80 frags he was happy lol. It works if there is another guy on the team that goes for the flag.

Post by butcha »

smokestaH wrote:"It's not like you were amazing in every year that you played"

After i ditched the 56k modem, i think i did  :mrgreen:

Yeah CTF is about capping the flags. Lets say you could pick Pain in his prime or Hayo in his prime, would you actually pick HayO?

Understatement of the year  :mrgreen:
lol douchebag
smokestaH wrote:@ Butcha u know whats hilarious; fluby asked me to join <FI> but i HAD to pay monthly, for the server orsomthing. I cannot believe people made such rules (obviously he wanted abit of surplus for himself). I mean in BAD people paid who wanted to, our 'clan' was so messed. On sunday you could meet our Pain Lopes Me Nicky Hydra orwhoever lineup and monday afternoon u could be playing vs BAD^JUNK and BAD^ZENOX (YES THE MAD^ LEGEND), not disrespect to both just saying. The contrast was real.
Yeah lol... u had to do some trial period aswell and put that "tm" thingy behind ur nick aswell or the 1v1 test.. sof was so serious back then :mrgreen:

man how could i not mention fi ozzy/eck/c2o/efz kruel. He was badass too

suo was the brother of flubby and ozzy the brother of demon or some shit like that. man fi was some real incest shit going on :troll:
Reactions: 16

Post by Keifer »

Where's Julien on your list bro? :troll:

Post by smokestaH »

butcha wrote:
smokestaH wrote:"It's not like you were amazing in every year that you played"

After i ditched the 56k modem, i think i did  :mrgreen:

Understatement of the year  :mrgreen:
lol douchebag
smokestaH wrote:@ Butcha u know whats hilarious; fluby asked me to join <FI> but i HAD to pay monthly, for the server orsomthing. I cannot believe people made such rules (obviously he wanted abit of surplus for himself). I mean in BAD people paid who wanted to, our 'clan' was so messed. On sunday you could meet our Pain Lopes Me Nicky Hydra orwhoever lineup and monday afternoon u could be playing vs BAD^JUNK and BAD^ZENOX (YES THE MAD^ LEGEND), not disrespect to both just saying. The contrast was real.
Yeah lol... u had to do some trial period aswell and put that "tm" thingy behind ur nick aswell or the 1v1 test.. sof was so serious back then  :mrgreen:

man how could i not mention fi ozzy/eck/c2o/efz kruel. He was badass too

suo was the brother of flubby and ozzy the brother of demon or some shit like that. man fi was some real incest shit going on  :troll:
Ya Ozzy was good but he was one bitter motherfucker tho. I beat him in a random 1v1 where he kept making ??? ?? confused comments everytime i killed him. This was like light years ago when he was still 'hot' and i had just recently gotten cable connection. Through out the years i guess he suspected me of cheating. When i was playing SoF2 i wanted to join this belgium clan, i think Ozzy was the only SOF1 player in that clan but i didnt want to join because of him, didnt give a fuck about him. I had to tryout in some aiming session orwhatever, their leader said i could join. Later that day he said i couldnt give Ozzy spoke 'badly' about me haha. how fucking bitter was this cunt? Its a fucking shame i didnt have a mic when i was playing in the last EFZ, there was this final of a cup/league where we played MP, me blade ozzy hippy flith, we were on teamspeak but ya, no mic. Would've asked him about it. Altho sure he wouldve dodged it and say something like "no idea what u mean". Ozzy seemed like those snakes who would talk behind your back and not man up to it.

Suo is Demons brother. The best 'belgium' in Fi was iLLusion tho. Enjoyed playing with him a few years ago in c2o. Its weird, the years where i was active up untill the end of EFZ in 2007-2008 i know pretty well what happened and the yearish. But everything after that is a fucking blurr. 2008/2009 till the moment i registered on this forum and posted that bait OLDSKOOL topic. I know i was on the roster of c2o, T#E, G. c2o had illusion in it playing (i just played once a week at max when i was on the c2o/THE roster. I think for G i played like 3 matches max). and T#E was pretty much me and hawk vs the opponent. I didnt know who the hell hawk was, but he was raping every match. I didnt make screenshots during this period so i cant browse through them to see whats up. I dont remember the name of the league but i think that CA guy made the website etc. Anyone save the screenshots?

I did make screenshots last time we played with MP etc. I have a seperate NEWSKOOL folder for these, seriously, i think i have the most pathetic screenshot in SoF history right here.

Lame 4v4 on the worst map to play 4v4 on. Butcha and Jr with KK tag. What the hell is Snake doing there? Yep this screenshot is depressing alright.
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

smokestaH wrote: I dont remember the name of the league but i think that CA guy made the website etc. Anyone save the screenshots?
http://www.sof1.org/viewforum.php?f=97" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: Most screens are deleted from their host though... :dry: maybe dutch still has them

Post by smokestaH »

Emirate wrote:
smokestaH wrote: I dont remember the name of the league but i think that CA guy made the website etc. Anyone save the screenshots?
http://www.sof1.org/viewforum.php?f=97" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: Most screens are deleted from their host though... :dry: maybe dutch still has them
Yeah seems like every single screenshot has been deleted. Would be nice if they could get re-uploaded somewhere. Kinda curious to see which players were around then. I remember seeing the link to this league in someones name on MSN, was surprised it was an actual site and not just some forum with .tk domain.
Reactions: 8

Post by ShocK »

Some here: http://www.sof1.org/gallery/album.php?album_id=42" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.sof1.org/gallery/album.php?album_id=11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reactions: 4

Post by Nijogeth »

Thanks for that link Shock. There are even screens of my only TCL final (season 13). Managed to play about 10 minutes before i overflowed and didnt manage to get back. We played that final with only members of the old (Unholy, Anubis, Method, Akira) KOD team (we had Sparco, Dumond, Shady, Bugli, Enoid, Titus and some others in the team aswell), but Sparco was able to hop in the second map. The semi finals (i believe we played G) were some of the best games that i ever played.