(New players) forced to spec

General Discussion: SoF Community Forum.
Reactions: 0

(New players) forced to spec

Post by Hayo »

Saw the following quote on another topic, think it deserves its own.
maker wrote:about previous post that newcomers joining get forced to spec is totally true. whenever you join especially afternoon there's always fake matches going on with bitchy nicks like kadanublet, karanublet and kabanublet like today. Yoerk joined to play, got forced to spec. He said "ffs" and disconnected.
Whenever I have anything to say about the teams that are playing I always try to include whoever is in spec. I think everyone should do the same, as long as the teams remain fair. Even making it a 5v6, if a new guy wouldn't make much of a difference should be okay. I can never really enjoy a real public games where teams are really unbalanced so I do like those mixed games.
Reactions: 14

Re: (New players) forced to spec

Post by Evil4N »

I do the same. But if you want "changes" then you should be more active to override them. That's how the "market" works.

Like I did. At the beginning only CH server was active. But Rebel-members put everyone on spec for their 2vs2 games.
They even kicked people for it. I overruled them by my activity in SoF and look, Rebel is gone and CH server is one of the the most empty server now.

Post by Huso »

I agree on some points here, but on the other side; Imagine u got challenged in a 2v2 or 3v3 and u are in the middle of that game and its really close and enjoyable. Id prefer to tell the spectators to wait 10 minutes so we can finish our intense game. After that they are welcome to hop ofcourse. And if they really want to play, those 10 minutes are surely worth waiting then :)
Reactions: 1

Post by Ademk »

Next time i ban the guy who ruins a 2o2 3o3 4o4.

i dont agree 4o5 or 3o4. Only if the 100+ pingers are in the game, or if i think it's fair enough.

Post by Evil4N »

Ademk wrote:Next time i ban the guy who ruins a 2o2 3o3 4o4.

i dont agree 4o5 or 3o4. Only if the 100+ pingers are in the game, or if i think it's fair enough.
Don't think your rcon-account allows you to ban someone :tongue:

Post by Kad1r »

The ones you call karanunlets raped asses today, and yes I was in it. When we started the 3v3 there where only 6 players and after 10+ min of playing a nice match im not going to ruin the game.

@maker, I saw a ton a times when i connected and you did a 2v2 i needed to spec when there where 6 more specs. Please look at yourself before talking about others.

@hayo, no need for topics like this. Especially for sof.

Thank you.

Post by Evil4N »

Hmm, I got a idea. I saw this in another game too.

Whenever a match is started, the server will force-connect the spectators to another server.
For example MP Conflict Zone will redirect to MP Public Zone. A simple rcon command will activate and de-activate this feature:
.rcon redirect on / .rcon redirect off

And none will have rcon access to the Public Zone. I will enable the sofplus-votings for maps only.

Will talk to CTRL about it.
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

What if someone actually wants to spec the match?

Post by Evil4N »

Emirate wrote:What if someone actually wants to spec the match?
There will be a spammy message that says:

"Match is going on in this server, you will be redirected in 10 seconds to MP Public Zone Server.
Typ .cancel to continue spectating"
Reactions: 5

Post by Trekker »

You can put a pass on or even change server name "clans/ 2V2 only"

When I join a "Match" server, I don't expect to play, I just want to spec and may be looking for someone.
New players might not know the difference even if it is spelled out in the Server name, which is understandable to a certain degree.

Most important is the "tone" of the server. If one of the "seniors" (in spec and not the players in middle of a frag or cap) cares to kindly ask or explain (we are having 2V2, you can go to our other server) or something like that, the chances are, the players in spec would understand and comply, else, force spec or kick.

I personally don't even connect since it is just either spam, insults and the rest of the chit talk usually seen that originated in the Forums or in the servers then followed up here.

Many new players trying the MP, uninstalled after first attempt, they couldn't stand the hospitality were overwhelmed and most probably tried other games where they could receive maternal insults, get called names and the rest of the goodies that goes on in other MP games (of course never here in SoF land)

EDIT:
If you want any thread to experience an unexpectedly sudden death, just PM me and I make a random post :assassin:

Few seconds of a new player's short SoF MP life:
Spoiler:
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

Trekker wrote:You can put a pass on or even change server name "clans/ 2V2 only"

When I join a "Match" server, I don't expect to play, I just want to spec and may be looking for someone.
New players might not know the difference even if it is spelled out in the Server name, which is understandable to a certain degree.

Most important is the "tone" of the server. If one of the "seniors" (in spec and not the players in middle of a frag or cap) cares to kindly ask or explain (we are having 2V2, you can go to our other server) or something like that, the chances are, the players in spec would understand and comply, else, force spec or kick.

I personally don't even connect since it is just either spam, insults and the rest of the chit talk usually seen that originated in the Forums or in the servers then followed up here.

Many new players trying the MP, uninstalled after first attempt, they couldn't stand the hospitality  were overwhelmed and most probably tried other games where they could receive maternal insults, get called names and the rest of the goodies that goes on in other MP games (of course never here in SoF land)

EDIT:
If you want any thread to experience an unexpectedly sudden death, just PM me and I make a random post :assassin:

Few seconds of a new player's short SoF MP life:
Spoiler:
The reason why MaD server name has No mixed/pauses. but yet players seem to think it's okay to keep spamming "Mixed?"
The locket in the menu has been taken by SoFplus..
imo F6/F7 qickload/qicksave should be menu spm.

Oh for fuck sake if you wanna play a 2vs2 and don't want players to join to play or spec.
"rcon password match"
"rcon specatator_password cheerleader"

Players seem have forgotten why password PLAYER was actually used.
Buuttt noooo we have players like Adam.
Last edited by Sauron on 16 Apr 2015, 10:05, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Hayo »

Huso wrote:I agree on some points here, but on the other side; Imagine u got challenged in a 2v2 or 3v3 and u are in the middle of that game and its really close and enjoyable. Id prefer to tell the spectators to wait 10 minutes so we can finish our  intense game. After that they are welcome to hop ofcourse. And if they really want to play, those 10 minutes are surely worth waiting then :)
I agree with this, we should still play those 2v2/3v3 when challenged. Just include the spectators after the game. There is a huge difference in kicking/force speccing someone and telling them to wait 10mins because you want to finish this map. :smile: :acad:

Post by Evil4N »

Sauron wrote: The reason why MaD server name has No mixed/pauses. but yet players seem to think it's okay to keep spamming "Mixed?"
Oh I am pretty sure you forced me to go to spec in a match a few days ago in MAD server. Your server is no different managed then MP server.

Post by Evil4N »

Hayo wrote:
Huso wrote:I agree on some points here, but on the other side; Imagine u got challenged in a 2v2 or 3v3 and u are in the middle of that game and its really close and enjoyable. Id prefer to tell the spectators to wait 10 minutes so we can finish our  intense game. After that they are welcome to hop ofcourse. And if they really want to play, those 10 minutes are surely worth waiting then :)
I agree with this, we should still play those 2v2/3v3 when challenged. Just include the spectators after the game. There is a huge difference in kicking/force speccing someone and telling them to wait 10mins because you want to finish this map.  :smile:  :acad:
whats the huge difference ? lol

*Trash posts move to http://www.sof1.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3829" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by ShocK on 16 Apr 2015, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: *Trash posts link added

Post by Sauron »

Idd, hayo! You could ask them to go spec first and if they don't go spec. than you can force them to.
Alot of new players won't know the usual way of things, so it would be awesome to tell them they could hope in by doing as followed for example.

Code: Select all

.rcon say Open play Spectator can join the game now. Match has been played.
some things just need to be said though Console: Imo.

Evil4N wrote:
Sauron wrote: The reason why MaD server name has No mixed/pauses. but yet players seem to think it's okay to keep spamming "Mixed?"
Oh I am pretty sure you forced me to go to spec in a match a few days ago in MAD server. Your server is no different managed then MP server.
Cannot recollect, what was going on. never the less should have put password on it.
Sorry.
Last edited by Sauron on 16 Apr 2015, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Sauron »

Delete.

Post by maker »

Kad1r wrote:maker, I saw a ton a times when i connected and you did a 2v2 i needed to spec when there where 6 more specs. Please look at yourself before talking about others.
ton times? I rarely play such games and if that happen it is when only 4 people are in sof (for 2o2) or other people are playing ofc matches so we switch to other servers just 4 of us.

Post by Prorace »

Kad1r wrote:The ones you call karanunlets raped asses today, and yes I was in it. When we started the 3v3 there where only 6 players and after 10+ min of playing a nice match im not going to ruin the game.

Thank you.
Indeed, I was in that game. We were like 6/7 in the servers, as we were 3 MP, we decided to play a match against the 3 randoms players. I don't get why we should've stop an friendly match-game just for 2/3 people ? They could just wait the end of the match and ask to hop in ! I am pretty sure we'll all be okay for that.

@maker, you are such a joke man. I can't remember how many times I just get in your shitty polish server to play some FRIENDLY and you forced me to spec cause you wanted to play your little 2v2 with 7/8 ppl connected. Just get the fuck off, idiot.

Post by Kad1r »

Prorace wrote:
Kad1r wrote:The ones you call karanunlets raped asses today, and yes I was in it. When we started the 3v3 there where only 6 players and after 10+ min of playing a nice match im not going to ruin the game.

Thank you.
Indeed, I was in that game. We were like 6/7 in the servers, as we were 3 MP, we decided to play a match against the 3 randoms players. I don't get why we should've stop an friendly match-game just for 2/3 people ? They could just wait the end of the match and ask to hop in ! I am pretty sure we'll all be okay for that.

@maker, you are such a joke man. I can't remember how many times I just get in your shitty polish server to play some FRIENDLY and you forced me to spec cause you wanted to play your little 2v2 with 7/8 ppl connected. Just get the fuck off, idiot.
Exactly,

but you know, afterwards they are all like when did `i do that, rofl @ maker

And hayo decides to make a topic out of it cuz a random newb said something.... pointless
Reactions: 5

Post by Trekker »

The "spoiler" in my last post is entirely made up and did not happen in any of the servers or ever at all.
(RECENTLY)
MP = MultiPlayer, New Player, we all know and I just used old player 1. 2 and 3.

I also think F7 is already patched in SoFplus ... kinda figured it out last night. not that it didn't happen on regular basis in the past.

People are asking who Old Player 1, 2 and 3 are ... hope this explains.