Nations / World Cup?

General Discussion: SoF Community Forum.

Would you like to see a World Cup Tournament?

YES, GOL GOL GOL GOL GOLASO
84%
NO,
16%

Total votes: 25

Reactions: 6

Re: Nations / World Cup?

Post by Fuckemup »

Why did you delete my posts?
It had to do with this topic, anyway minato fuck you and have a good day.
g/l & hf playing NL vs BE and NL vs NL :clap: :clap:
Reactions: 1

Post by MinatO »

Fuckemup wrote:Why did you delete my posts?
It had to do with this topic, anyway minato fuck you and have a good day.
g/l & hf playing NL vs BE and NL vs NL  :clap:  :clap:
I didn't delete any posts.

Fuck you why? Cause i'm not interested in a mixed tournament?
Why even mix? Other than Canada/USA, I see no reason.
Poland got like 10+ people in sof, why would they need to mix with CZ and Germany?

Also not a fan of 2 NL teams for the simple reason that they would have a higher chance of winning the cup.

Post by butcha »

just keep the sfl going lol
Reactions: 0

Post by Fossil »

Nations Cup cant work because the only teams that would have enough are NL BE and PL. Having multiple teams from 1 country is kinda stupid. Merging countries kinda defeats the purpose of a nations cup aswell.

Might aswell continue SFL. Or maybe a cup with a different settings? 15 min per map? total score not score per map? Power weapons? Spawning with guns but having a respawn timer (dont know if this is possible, SoF2 is like this)? SMGs only?

Post by Pele »

Fossil wrote:Nations Cup cant work because the only teams that would have enough are NL BE and PL. Having multiple teams from 1 country is kinda stupid. Merging countries kinda defeats the purpose of a nations cup aswell.

Might aswell continue SFL. Or maybe a cup with a different settings? 15 min per map? total score not score per map? Power weapons? Spawning with guns but having a respawn timer (dont know if this is possible, SoF2 is like this)? SMGs only?
+1

What about 4vs4 instead of 5?

Post by MinatO »

Fossil wrote:Nations Cup cant work because the only teams that would have enough are NL BE and PL. Having multiple teams from 1 country is kinda stupid. Merging countries kinda defeats the purpose of a nations cup aswell.

I think it can work with a 3on3 format and 8 participants but i'm pretty sure i'd have to chase quite some players for rematches if there are no reserves and i'm not looking forward to that.

If no go for nation/worlds, I'd like to see some different format then the current one for whatever will be organized during SFL 5on5's absence of 3 months.

The current season is just ridiculous, 4 opponents and 4 maps. I know the opponent part is not something staff can change easily/immediately but at least the mapsystem can be changed. Why not play 2 or 3 different maps per opponent (obviously these would have to be symmetrical)
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

Who said there won't be another sfl season after this one anyway?
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

Kinda some backwarded comments here.

Post by butcha »

Evil4N wrote:Kinda some backwarded comments here.
?

oh nm.. lets all stick our head in the sand like evilan. a 3o3 league its the only realistic thing to do mr.i wanna crush sof players.. or we do some bigass games like 12v12 every sunday lol
Reactions: 4

Post by Nijogeth »

I like the ideas being pitched here. Soon as the football season ends, my evenings will be a lot less full and i might be able to think of something here.

I was thinking about a 5 cap, no timelimit game. But instead of fixed teams, i would like to have mixed up teams and make it 6o6 or something. We will make fixtures for it, but the teams will be decided on geographical positions. F.e. Week 1 will be North vs South, which will mean that the players that live in the more northern countries will be together and the players that live in the more southern countries will play together (week 2 could then be East vs West). And there are many more combinations possible.

Teamspeak will be optional, but is recommended though. A teamspeak will be arranged and setup properly so that both teams have their own channel.

Post by Evil4N »

butcha wrote:
?

oh nm.. lets all stick our head in the sand like evilan. a 3o3 league its the only realistic thing to do mr.i wanna crush sof players.. or we do some bigass games like 12v12 every sunday lol
Butcha is here guys, savior of SoF ! He has done so much for SoF ! Like.....

Post by MinatO »

Nijogeth wrote:I like the ideas being pitched here. Soon as the football season ends, my evenings will be a lot less full and i might be able to think of something here.

I was thinking about a 5 cap, no timelimit game. But instead of fixed teams, i would like to have mixed up teams and make it 6o6 or something. We will make fixtures for it, but the teams will be decided on geographical positions. F.e. Week 1 will be North vs South, which will mean that the players that live in the more northern countries will be together and the players that live in the more southern countries will play together (week 2 could then be East vs West). And there are many more combinations possible.

Teamspeak will be optional, but is recommended though. A teamspeak will be arranged and setup properly so that both teams have their own channel.
I've been thinking of the no-timelimit concept as well. It's actually how matches used to be played WAY back, you can ask Junior. There used to be games where teams played irqctf1 for 50 minutes before there was a winner lol.

How would you mix teams? And how would you inform them of matches? Surely they'll need a captain to remind them to show up on sundays.
Reactions: 4

Post by Nijogeth »

Like i said in my previous post. It will depend on who is there. A maximum of 12/14 players. First that are there will be divided into teams.

Post by Evil4N »

Emirate wrote:Who said there won't be another sfl season after this one anyway?
http://www.sof1.org/viewtopic.php?f=233 ... 332#p36332" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post by Huso »

Why dont we work with BO3 + Ban system.

Something like this:

Mappool:
map1
map2
map3
map4
map5
map6
map7
map8

Team1 vs Team2

Team 1 bans a map
Team 2 bans a map

Team 1 picks a map of their choice (team 2 chooses the side of this map)
Team 2 picks a map of their choice (team 1 chooses the side of this map)

Remain banning for an eventually 3rd map.

Grand final = BO5

Post by butcha »

Evil4N wrote:
butcha wrote:
?

Butcha is here guys, savior of SoF ! He has done so much for SoF ! Like.....

ok.
Reactions: 8

Post by ShocK »

Emirate wrote:Who said there won't be another sfl season after this one anyway?
Evilan at 16.31 today.

Post by Prorace »

MinatO wrote:Not a fan of mixing too many countries. Beats the purpose really, then we might as well do "MIXED" TOURNAMENT..
Well, it would actually be a good idea based on a draft system, just to play with another guys sometimes and having in new teams, but a such competition won't work for sure, people won't show up to play with people they dont get along with, etc :rolleyes:

About your World Cup, it will be hard to make a french team as we are only 4 playing i think. (me niko julien and drake?) no bullshit about switzerland, you always call them frenchie, so be it. :wink:

edit : just seen niko & julien's trash, nevermind. Got a belgian godmother, i'll play for them. /// :mrgreen:

Post by butcha »

Prorace wrote:
MinatO wrote:Not a fan of mixing too many countries. Beats the purpose really, then we might as well do "MIXED" TOURNAMENT..
Well, it would actually be a good idea based on a draft system, just to play with another guys sometimes and having in new teams, but a such competition won't work for sure, people won't show up to play with people they dont get along with, etc   :rolleyes:

About your World Cup, it will be hard to make a french team as we are only 4 playing i think. (me niko julien and drake?) no bullshit about switzerland, you always call them frenchie, so be it.   :wink:

edit : just seen niko & julien's trash, nevermind. Got a belgian godmother, i'll play for them. ///  :mrgreen:
or a swede anyone can become a swede these days..
just tell em ur from syria and the citizenship will b yours, no questions asked... :mrgreen:

Post by HollandsGlorie »

We, the dutch, will win. it is decided before the tournament begins.