SoF Start Date

General Discussion: SoF Community Forum.
Reactions: 6

SoF Start Date

Post by Fuckemup »

MinatO wrote:
Evil4N wrote:http://www.twitch.tv/ravensoftware they playing SoF1 now, they respond in twitch chat !
Yes but the most important question remains unanswered. Was sof created in 1997 or not?

yo Minato, i never ever said i played sof back in 1997.
But im 100% sure, it was out late 98 (the demo) full game beginning of 99'

All oldskool players around that time who returned can easily confirm this, wich also happened.
Came an old guy from [MoD] / =CW= times in the "introduce yourself" forum, also oldskool players should remember the clan tag !EBK! there leader "SICCMADE" visited the forum, said he played back in 98 but got flamed/spammed people said it was me on Proxy, and guess what hes gone again.

I mean why the hell should i lie about it? it doesn't make any sense to me wether you Believe me or not, i don't care.. I already confirmed this, but people in this Community don't trust me, they trust people like Evilan nowadays....

Dutch confirmed that he got his first sof CD somewere in 99' Doa, Weedy,Geus, Fragman(crazyhorse) also my father "TF Bom" confirms this.
Smoky postes an oldskool video of sof players, and name of the demo was SOF PLAYERS 1999-2003.

Minato, you and weirdo were reallife friends yeah?
I forgot his name back then, but i remember him being in a clan called ~D~C~ ask him wich year he first time played sof.
Reactions: 14

Re: #RVN25 #Soldieroffortune1 #SoF1.org

Post by Evil4N »

Jr, playing SoF since 1997
Reactions: 0

Post by Hayo »

I remember getting the SoF1 demo from the magazine PC Zone, so I just looked up if there were any archieves and found it. They had the demo on disk on june 2000. Also saw that soffiles added the demofile on march 2000.

U can actually find the whole magazine + screens here: http://www.pixsoriginadventures.co.uk/P ... e%202000)/
For some nostalgia its pretty fun to click true the pdf (note:147mb) on page 108 they explain how to create maps for Quake 3. I know some SoF1 mappers actually use that program for SoF1 maps as well. Page 74 in issue 89 has the review. Its pretty fun to see what other games were released around that time.
Last edited by Hayo on 05 May 2015, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.

Re: SoF Start Date

Post by Evil4N »

However the pre-demo version was played by Jr in 1997
Reactions: 15

Post by Acadie »

That question has already been asked

Code: Select all

SoF V1.07f          : July 8, 2001
SoF V1.07 Gold Patch: June 13, 2001
SoF V1.06 Gold      : August 29, 2000
SoF V1.05           : June 14, 2000
SoF V1.04           : April 20, 2000
SoF v1.03           : March 27, 2000
SoF V0.57 DEMO      : Feburary 21, 2000
SoF V0.51 DEMO      : October 23, 1999
Reactions: 1

Post by MinatO »

Fuckemup wrote:
MinatO wrote:
Evil4N wrote:http://www.twitch.tv/ravensoftware they playing SoF1 now, they respond in twitch chat !
Yes but the most important question remains unanswered. Was sof created in 1997 or not?

yo Minato, i never ever said i played sof back in 1997.
But im 100% sure, it was out late 98 (the demo) full game beginning of 99'

All oldskool players around that time who returned can easily confirm this, wich also happened.
Came an old guy from [MoD] / =CW= times in the "introduce yourself" forum, also oldskool players should remember the clan tag !EBK! there leader "SICCMADE" visited the forum, said he played back in 98 but got flamed/spammed people said it was me on Proxy, and guess what hes gone again.

I mean why the hell should i lie about it? it doesn't make any sense to me wether you Believe me or not, i don't care.. I already confirmed this, but people in this Community don't trust me, they trust people like Evilan nowadays....

Dutch confirmed that he got his first sof CD somewere in 99'  Doa, Weedy,Geus, Fragman(crazyhorse) also my father "TF Bom" confirms this.
Smoky postes an oldskool video of sof players, and name of the demo was SOF PLAYERS 1999-2003.

Minato, you and weirdo were reallife friends yeah?
I forgot his name back then, but i remember him being in a clan called ~D~C~ ask him wich year he first time played sof.
I was just joking with the 1997 man :biggrin:

Post by Fuckemup »

I never saw the sof versions 1,04 - 1,05.

I jumped directly to 1,03 version with a Sof cdkey cracker :lol:

Thats where it all started, no color names... alot of players, alot of clans, not many with the colored tags yet. But one thing that was pretty strange for me, after entering the WON-Chat in sof..
[MoD] people told me to download 1,06(gold)patch so i did.... and it was a different world, different players, different clans and servers.

The 1,03 servers was not shown in 1,06 patch and vice versa... so after playing a few weeks maybe months on the 1,06 patch 1,07 (platinum)patch was realeased so before installing it i thought for myself... lets check 1,03 again and so i did.... It was still alot of players playing there.
I told an old sof buddy of mine (skaven) about it, and we went playing 1,03 for awhile and spammed the players there to download the newer patches. there was 3 Active clans in 1,03 while people were already playing 1,06 and now even 1,07 patch.... <DoA> , DDM and HK.

I also remember one guy called DDM Ganjaman Calling us liars flaming us like whoaaa that sof were dying but later thanked me in the won chat. That guy was later known as Slim Shady aka FI@ Shady the 56ker ;)

pretty bad fuckup from Raven there, to actually let people play in 2 different sof worlds LOL
1,06 and 1,07 servers were shown on both patches but still couldnt see the 1,03 servers, but if you had 1,03 installed you couldn't see 1,06 or 1,07 servers. Won chat was the same in all patches :rolleyes:
And after reading Acadies post about 1,04 and 1,05 versions, who knows players might been stuck there aswell? anyone in here played these patches????

Post by Evil4N »

sof 1,00 - 1997, witnessed by Jr only.

Post by Fuckemup »

oh yes, another thing worth a discussion... don't know if many remembers this but i do.
Demo, 1,03 patch weapons damages were equal..
SMG,HMG easily owned the shotgun as they were spitting bullets much faster then the shottie.

i remember alot of players had binds in the gold patch after playing demo or 1,03 (maybe both)something like :
"THIS IS SOF - SHOTGUN OF FORTUNE" lmao

yeah the shotgun kinda took over in gold,platinum patch realease.
Raven made it more powerful then other weapons on close range battles.. before evilan and other newskoolers like him call me a liar or so, you can still download the sof1 demo.... TRY IT
But different era now, not the 600-800 players running around like the times i played it :troll: :tongue:
Reactions: 5

Post by Trekker »

Thanks Acadie, I was going nutz trying to remember the dates exactly.

I quit one of my my net admin jobs first week of Feb, 2000 and did build two systems for the plant manager and another department manager before that (Y2K). I used SoF and other games/ apps to test the performance.

All these release dates also means the game/ patch was already built and "available" before each respectively. They don't think of a game, design, build, do Alpha/ Beta testing and release it all in one day and have it in the news plus having copies sent out (ASUS for one) on the same exact day.

For ASUS to have copies of the green CD bundled in their High-End Enthusiast cards, shipped to the wholesalers for the v1.03 official release date, they must have had it days if not weeks or months before. I used to get many goodies from salespeople competing to get our hardware/ software business.

I had v1.03 before Mar 27, 2000 but didn't start playing (other than testing) till few weeks/ months after I quit that job.
Reactions: 5

Post by Trekker »

Fuckemup wrote:I never saw the sof versions 1,04 - 1,05.

I jumped directly to 1,03 version with a Sof cdkey cracker  :lol:

Thats where it all started, no color names... alot of players, alot of clans, not many with the colored tags yet. But one thing that was pretty strange for me, after entering the WON-Chat in sof..
[MoD] people told me to download 1,06(gold)patch so i did.... and it was a different world, different players, different clans and servers.

The 1,03 servers was not shown in 1,06 patch and vice versa... so after playing a few weeks maybe months on the 1,06 patch 1,07 (platinum)patch was realeased so before installing it i thought for myself... lets check 1,03 again and so i did.... It was still alot of players playing there.
I told an old sof buddy of mine (skaven) about it, and we went playing 1,03 for awhile and spammed the players there to download the newer patches. there was 3 Active clans in 1,03 while people were already playing 1,06 and now even 1,07 patch.... <DoA> , DDM and HK.

I also remember one guy called DDM Ganjaman Calling us liars flaming us like whoaaa that sof were dying but later thanked me in the won chat. That guy was later known as Slim Shady aka FI@ Shady the 56ker ;)

pretty bad fuckup from Raven there, to actually let people play in 2 different sof worlds LOL
1,06 and 1,07 servers were shown on both patches but still couldnt see the 1,03 servers, but if you had 1,03 installed you couldn't see 1,06 or 1,07 servers. Won chat was the same in all patches  :rolleyes:
And after reading Acadies post about 1,04 and 1,05 versions, who knows players might been stuck there aswell? anyone in here played these patches????
1.07 removed WON completely but WON stopped hosting SoF in August 2001 if I remember correctly.

Game was different considering the "average system" back then as well as Internet speed /line quality.

My favorite still is them Mechanical mice, nothing has come close to the feel of the game. Y sensitivity 2, X 5 to 8 and I was happy.

"1 min, cleaning my ball" was very common in the servers :lol:

Post by Fossil »

Acadie wrote:That question has already been asked

Code: Select all

SoF V1.07f          : July 8, 2001
SoF V1.07 Gold Patch: June 13, 2001
SoF V1.06 Gold      : August 29, 2000
SoF V1.05           : June 14, 2000
SoF V1.04           : April 20, 2000
SoF v1.03           : March 27, 2000
SoF V0.57 DEMO      : Feburary 21, 2000
SoF V0.51 DEMO      : October 23, 1999
Yeah, i answered this question last time.

Post by Denial »

jr im your fanboy <3
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

Hayo wrote:
Need For Speed Porsche 2000, awesome :rockban: Still got that game somewhere.

My dad got some games with the pc he bought back in 2000. Sof was one of them. So were NFS Porsche 2000, Tiberian Sun and Sim City 3000 and some more tht I can't remember :mrgreen:

Anyway, who gives a shit about the release date, honestly :tongue:

Post by Fossil »

Tiberian Sun was a sick game loved playing 2v2 on gamespy, just enjoyed building a base with a wall around it.

Good old days with shit load of games on a CD. Anyone remember the Twilight, Oh No More Games cd's?