POLL : SFL MATCHES SERVER

General Discussion: SoF Community Forum.

do you want sfl to be equal and played on german #4 Minato's host server

Poll ended at 25 Jun 2015, 20:44

yes
68%
no
32%

Total votes: 19

Reactions: 0

POLL : SFL MATCHES SERVER

Post by maker »

vote.

Re: POLL : SFL MATCHES SERVER

Post by Prorace »

#1 server looks fine for everybody too.

some dutch ppl may be against this, looking for there minus 15 ping. but believe me it has a difference when you have 25-35 ping on those servers, and having 55+ on dutch and polish servers.
Reactions: 6

Post by Fuckemup »

#1 server is smooth, but I can't guarantee that its smooth on weekends.
As I got this server for free, after asking CTRL to rent me a server.

He didn't wanna rent one for me, As he didn't wanna hear me cry or whine when hes upgrading/uploading things and server goes laggy. And this happens sometimes on the weekends I noticed.
Fair enough if you ask me......
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

The thing is people...it's not about ping only. How stable a server is depends mainly on the internet infrastructure of the country it is hosted in. Currently switserland is the country with the best connection in Europe, followed by The Netherlands/Belgium.

Simply said: a Dutch person withanve way more lag in a polish server than a polish guy will have in a Dutch server. Simply because polands network is pretty bad.

German servers are decent for Dutch, French and Belgian players depending on where they're hosted. Some german servers are really good, others just suck. France servers seem to be decent for people from France(doh), Belgium, The Netherlands and the UK.

Different servers are good for different people. Others are just more stable and thus suitable for more people.

A tip: dont focus too much on ping. 20 or 40 ping barely makes a difference (and this is speaking out of experience), it's a 20 milisecond difference on an average 1500 milisecond reaction. Rather check out delays and packetloss. If you have too much of one of those change provider. In case of poland...move to switzerland.

It's not that simple to find a server where everybody has a good connection to. Even if pings are the same, its still possible that one lags way more thans another. If you want to play on a German server I suggest you rent one maker. See if everybody has a good connection. Same for everybody else ofcourse. Untill then you'll have to do it with what's already there. It's not a commercial market, don't expect others to fit your needs.
Reactions: 1

Post by MinatO »

All games should just be played on the german servers.
-> Polish/Czech/Swedish/French clearly have a better ping there than most servers. From what I saw, Niko had like 20 ping compared to 40 in other servers and Shark/Maker had 40-45 compared to 60-80 in other servers. Also saw Butcha with 30-40 ping for a change.

The only downside is that Belgian and Dutch players have a higher ping (10-20 higher or so)
It's pathetic for Belgian/Dutch players to complain about 25-35 ping when others are used to 50-70 and can actually play under more fair circumstances now. Especially in sof 2015 when you should be happy there are still players, otherwise go have fun on your own in a NL server with 10 ping. Enjoy!
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

Emirate wrote:The thing is people...it's not about ping only. How stable a server is depends mainly on the Internet infrastructure of the country it is hosted in. Currently Switzerland is the country with the best connection in Europe, followed by The Netherlands/Belgium.

Simply said: a Dutch person would have way more lag in a polish server than a polish guy will have in a Dutch server. Simply because Poland's infrastructure is pretty bad.

A tip: don't focus too much on ping. 20 or 40 ping barely makes a difference (and this is speaking out of experience), it's a 20 millisecond difference on an average 1500 millisecond reaction. Rather check out delays and packet-loss. If you have too much of one of those change provider. In case of Poland...move to Switzerland.
ImageImage
It's the same with roads in NL & in Poland, potholes/packet-loss.
I guess Poland doesn't care much about the potholes in the Internet either.
Even if I do have ping 10 mostly, I don't care about ping that much I want the download/upload speed to be decent.
When my ping is higher I usually amuse that the server needs a restart. (since now ill amuse its hosted in Germany)
It really matter where in Germany.
East/West?

Fuckemup wrote:#1 server is smooth, but I can't guarantee that its smooth on weekends.
As I got this server for free, after asking CTRL to rent me a server.

He didn't wanna rent one for me, As he didn't wanna hear me cry or whine when hes upgrading/uploading things and server goes laggy. And this happens sometimes on the weekends I noticed.
Fair enough if you ask me......

[OFF TOPIC]
Lol he basically told you a saying.
"Beggars can't be choosers." / "man får ta vad man kan få, fattiga kan inte välja och vraka." / "Een gegeven paard niet in de bek kijken."
"Don't look a given horse in the mouth."
Checking a given horse in it's mouth to check it's age is considered rude.
So these guys are checking it's ass, asking what can one do with a given horse.
Somehow this was funny to me. :lol:
[/OFF TOPIC]

Post by Fossil »

MinatO wrote:All games should just be played on the german servers.
-> Polish/Czech/Swedish/French clearly have a better ping there than most servers. From what I saw, Niko had like 20 ping compared to 40 in other servers and Shark/Maker had 40-45 compared to 60-80 in other servers. Also saw Butcha with 30-40 ping for a change.

The only downside is that Belgian and Dutch players have a higher ping (10-20 higher or so)
It's pathetic for Belgian/Dutch players to complain about 25-35 ping when others are used to 50-70 and can actually play under more fair circumstances now. Especially in sof 2015 when you should be happy there are still players, otherwise go have fun on your own in a NL server with 10 ping. Enjoy!
Uhh 20 ping difference is no joke for players who only play to win and 'own' and to show off their stats from a random 2v2 on the forum afterwards :eek:

Post by Huso »

if evilan was here he wudve banned all of u guys talking about ping

Post by MinatO »

Huso wrote:if evilan was here he wudve banned all of u guys talking about ping
Who says he's gone? Trust me when I say that he's still reading everything lol.

He's like a cockroach, you never get rid of it, even if u nuke it.
This also explains why he likes bananas as shown on the pics a few years back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI-LMJBxTeE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dmd
Netherlands

Post by dmd »

Back when TCL was played on the UK Jolt servers there hardly was any of this bitching about high pings. Players from the UK like Static, Bob, Filth, Eskobar had a better ping (around 25-35 and obviously higher the more you go back in time) than the Dutch, Belgian, German, French and Scandinavian players (around 30-50). It did not make that much of a difference anyway. The only bitching done back then was bitching about how shit of a host Jolt.co.uk was. Ask the Fossil about the TCL MP vs HYP game on Japan lol.

The German server we played on last Sunday seems to be the most equal for most of us.
Last edited by dmd on 19 Jun 2015, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

Post by MinatO »

dmd wrote:Back when TCL was played on the UK Jolt servers there hardly was any of this bitching about high pings. Players from the UK like Static, Bob, Filth, Eskobar had a better ping (around 25-35) than the Dutch, Belgian, German, French and Scandinavian players (around 30-50). It did not make that much of a difference anyway. The only bitching done back then was bitching about how shit of a host Jolt.co.uk was. Ask the Fossil about the TCL MP vs HYP game on Japan lol.

The German server we played on last Sunday seems to be the most equal for most of us.
uber1337.co.uk servers were the best imo
dmd
Netherlands

Post by dmd »

Indeed. RiZe and FPS servers (both UK) were also pretty good.

Post by Prorace »

MinatO wrote:All games should just be played on the german servers.
That's exactly the point, also Dutch seems to always have minus 40 ping on everyservers. Except polish's servers.

Meh ping -->
French server : 20-25
German's minato : 30-35
Dutch's sauron : 30-40
Z sucking server : +45-55
EF server : +50

As for dutch ppl, I barely see their ping going over 30. This is why that equal thingy should be applied soon by SFL.
Reactions: 8

Post by ShocK »

Prorace wrote:EF server : +50
Is this the NL one? What about the German EF server?

Post by maker »

#1 along with old EF server were the 2 worst one for me for example.
Reactions: 8

Post by ShocK »

There's 2 German servers atm, I think they're both from gamehosting.expert which is gaming-solutions.com/viti ...Or are Minatos servers from somewhere else?
Are they as good as each other or......?
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

Attachments
netwerk.PNG

Post by MinatO »

lol Sauron why do you have 24GB RAM. Completely a waste. You probably don't even use half of it.
Reactions: 3

Post by TotalitioN »

I dont care about Ping .. I Only care about packet löss .. My Connection isnt stable and lagg spikes all over THE place .. But i think iTS not server based .. ITS a fagot who is disturbing My WiFi stream ..

Post by Huso »

MinatO wrote:lol Sauron why do you have 24GB RAM. Completely a waste. You probably don't even use half of it.
8gb shud be more then enough, unless u are a high quality photoshopper or video editor with lots of pieces etc..