Welcome to Soldier of Fortune Community Forums
09 May 2021, 03:36


View unanswered postsView active topics



Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Searching for the first release CD 
Author Message
Netherlands

User avatar

Joined:
Fri May 23rd, 2014
Posts: 504
Reply with quote
Last post of the previous page :
Atm around 0/26 kB/s.


13 Aug 2015, 07:58
Profile
Canada

User avatar

Joined:
Wed Jan 22nd, 2014
Posts: 192
Reply with quote
Thanks to both of you Shock and Sauron, I needed to try running a private tracker form "home".

I had couple guys download from me and finished the night with 3 seeds! the bastards must have turned the system off over night.

Yes, IMb upload translates to around 122KB/s I used to be able to push 10 times that.
If few people jumped on together, it would have taken few minutes for speeds to keep increasing.


13 Aug 2015, 12:43
Profile
Netherlands

User avatar

Topic author
Joined:
Fri May 23rd, 2014
Posts: 504
Reply with quote
Shock  :ghehe: seed?


19 Aug 2015, 08:01
Profile
Netherlands

User avatar

Joined:
Thu Nov 24th, 2011
Posts: 2087
Reply with quote
Trekker wrote:
Thanks to both of you Shock and Sauron, I needed to try running a private tracker form "home".

I had couple guys download from me and finished the night with 3 seeds! the bastards must have turned the system off over night.

Yes, IMb upload translates to around 122KB/s I used to be able to push 10 times that.
If few people jumped on together, it would have taken few minutes for speeds to keep increasing.


I can download/seed if it helps you...just pm me what i need  :mrgreen:


19 Aug 2015, 08:39
Profile
Netherlands

User avatar

Topic author
Joined:
Fri May 23rd, 2014
Posts: 504
Reply with quote
:clap: Might aswel download trough UDP/dail-up 10/20 kB/s
thanks anyway for continuing seeding.
as soon as it's done I'll upload it to http.


19 Aug 2015, 11:16
Profile
Canada

User avatar

Joined:
Wed Jan 22nd, 2014
Posts: 192
Reply with quote
Emirate wrote:
Trekker wrote:
Thanks to both of you Shock and Sauron, I needed to try running a private tracker form "home".

I had couple guys download from me and finished the night with 3 seeds! the bastards must have turned the system off over night.

Yes, IMb upload translates to around 122KB/s I used to be able to push 10 times that.
If few people jumped on together, it would have taken few minutes for speeds to keep increasing.


I can download/seed if it helps you...just pm me what i need  :mrgreen:


Thanks, here is the .torrent, it is private and not like public trackers.

Sauron wrote:
:clap: Might aswel download trough UDP/dail-up 10/20 kB/s
thanks anyway for continuing seeding.
as soon as it's done I'll upload it to http.


You must be doing something wrong as I don't see you even connected, make sure you use the second .torrent I sent you.

You should get at least 120KB from me alone!

Attachment:
Soldier of Fortune 1.03.torrent [16.59 KiB]
Downloaded 29 times


19 Aug 2015, 11:29
Profile
Netherlands

User avatar

Joined:
Thu Nov 24th, 2011
Posts: 2087
Reply with quote
Downloading now...7kb/s  :mrgreen:  This is gonna take a while...


19 Aug 2015, 13:05
Profile
Netherlands

User avatar

Joined:
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4064

Evilan
evilan
Reply with quote
high-seeder to the rescue !

/edit: first I have to download it... 3.2 kB/s


19 Aug 2015, 13:34
Profile
Bolivia

User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 08th, 2015
Posts: 424
Reply with quote
I installed my SoF CD yesterday just to see which version it is, it does show in game right? Anyway when i loaded the exe i got the SoF has stopped working msg. What was the fix to make it run on Win7?


19 Aug 2015, 13:50
Profile
Netherlands

User avatar

Joined:
Wed Nov 23rd, 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4064

Evilan
evilan
Reply with quote
there we go. 1.2 mb/s upload  :cool:

Image

Fossil wrote:
I installed my SoF CD yesterday just to see which version it is, it does show in game right? Anyway when i loaded the exe i got the SoF has stopped working msg. What was the fix to make it run on Win7?


ref_gl.dll is faulty. Replace it with the one from Community Edition.


19 Aug 2015, 13:59
Profile
Poland

User avatar

Joined:
Sat May 19th, 2012
Location: Poland
Posts: 137

Sharksk
Reply with quote
Evil4N wrote:
there we go. 1.2 mb/s upload  :cool:

Image

Fossil wrote:
I installed my SoF CD yesterday just to see which version it is, it does show in game right? Anyway when i loaded the exe i got the SoF has stopped working msg. What was the fix to make it run on Win7?


ref_gl.dll is faulty. Replace it with the one from Community Edition.


nice upload, ive got 90kB/s lol


19 Aug 2015, 14:10
Profile
Tuvalu

User avatar

Joined:
Sat Dec 10th, 2011
Posts: 2253
Reply with quote
Fossil wrote:
I installed my SoF CD yesterday just to see which version it is, it does show in game right? Anyway when i loaded the exe i got the SoF has stopped working msg. What was the fix to make it run on Win7?


Doesn't matter wich sof download you download nowadays as all of them brings you right into 1,07 patch/version.
Gold(1,06) and original (1,03) is all time gone by now mate.  Back in the days you had to upgrade your 1,03 to gold version then platinum 1,07 by yourself.... install patches from soffiles.com  :)


19 Aug 2015, 15:43
Profile
Canada

User avatar

Joined:
Wed Jan 22nd, 2014
Posts: 192
Reply with quote
Emirate wrote:
Downloading now...7kb/s  :mrgreen:  This is gonna take a while...


Strange only Shock could get above 100KB from me! But even at my current max upload, it would have taken close to 2 hours without more leechers. Thanks for jumping in.

Evil4N wrote:
high-seeder to the rescue !

/edit: first I have to download it... 3.2 kB/s


Thanks Evil4N that was great help.

Funny thing is I be getting my 10 Mb upload back by end of this week and soon Shock be uploading it to the site ... let's just blame Sauron  :biggrin:


19 Aug 2015, 15:49
Profile
Great Britain

User avatar

Joined:
Mon Nov 21st, 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 3086
Reply with quote
:mrgreen:  SoF103.zip


19 Aug 2015, 17:12
Profile WWW
Canada

User avatar

Joined:
Wed Jan 22nd, 2014
Posts: 192
Reply with quote
Thanks Shock.

Since this is up, I'll be bringing the Tracker down.

Thanks to all who helped out, this is what community is all about.

Don't even think bout a group hug tho ... fags  :rolleyes:


19 Aug 2015, 17:32
Profile
Bolivia

User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 08th, 2015
Posts: 424
Reply with quote
Fuckemup wrote:
Fossil wrote:
I installed my SoF CD yesterday just to see which version it is, it does show in game right? Anyway when i loaded the exe i got the SoF has stopped working msg. What was the fix to make it run on Win7?


Doesn't matter wich sof download you download nowadays as all of them brings you right into 1,07 patch/version.
Gold(1,06) and original (1,03) is all time gone by now mate.  Back in the days you had to upgrade your 1,03 to gold version then platinum 1,07 by yourself.... install patches from soffiles.com  :)


Nah i just installed my SoF original CD to see which version it is. Because on the CD itself it says V112 no idea what that is.

@Evil4N that didnt work. HALP!


19 Aug 2015, 17:35
Profile
Bolivia

User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 08th, 2015
Posts: 424
Reply with quote
Well it worked by installing SoFPlus but does SoFPlus have the patch updates included?

Rip.


19 Aug 2015, 17:42
Profile
Canada

User avatar

Joined:
Wed Jan 22nd, 2014
Posts: 192
Reply with quote
SoFplus uses it's own "sof.exe" so the answer is yes.

The purpose of this was to "experience" 1.03 as it was.

I used Windows XP mode module last I remember (Win 7 Pro and up) which is a virtual machine.

I can test using another system with Win 9X or XP and report back but this might take few days.

Ideally, you would want to try it out as is with no patches no ref_gl.dll... which is what Sauron was after ... there is no "impossible". I just don't remember what I did with WON Network and I do have a CD key somewhere (no longer have the "case"

I will try later tonight time permitting and report back


19 Aug 2015, 17:54
Profile
Netherlands

User avatar

Topic author
Joined:
Fri May 23rd, 2014
Posts: 504
Reply with quote
Trekker wrote:
SoFplus uses it's own "sof.exe" so the answer is yes.

The purpose of this was to "experience" 1.03 as it was.

I used Windows XP mode module last I remember (Win 7 Pro and up) which is a virtual machine.

I can test using another system with Win 9X or XP and report back but this might take few days.

Ideally, you would want to try it out as is with no patches no ref_gl.dll... which is what Sauron was after ... there is no "impossible". I just don't remember what I did with WON Network and I do have a CD key somewhere (no longer have the "case"

I will try later tonight time permitting and report back

installing xp at old notebook.


19 Aug 2015, 19:32
Profile
Netherlands

User avatar

Joined:
Thu Nov 24th, 2011
Posts: 2087
Reply with quote
Well...guess i'll stick to the newer version  :mrgreen:

On a sidenote: I can't seem to get the demo working which was posted by evilan. When I open the .exe and click install the installation screen just disappears...


19 Aug 2015, 20:12
Profile
Netherlands

User avatar

Joined:
Mon Nov 21st, 2011
Posts: 949
Reply with quote
Trekker wrote:
Hmmm, mine has no version on the CD any where. I think I have few of these, at least 3, have to dig them up.

I copied the CD to a folder and RARed it, then uploaded it to Persian Uploader 301 Moved Permanently but don't see it there?! SOF103.rar 632,228 KB.

Wonder if it requires his blessing before it goes "public"

It is also possible it timed out, I was uploading it using a 1Mb upload. Couple weeks from now I go back to 10Mb up.

If my upload didn't work, I will make an ISO off the CD and upload it elsewhere, this way, the folder's date will be kept the same.


no blessing needed. Perhaps a server side limit?


19 Aug 2015, 22:20
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Topic Views: 3077


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Top
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
www.sof1.org