Weapons For New Maps ?

General Discussion: SoF Community Forum.
Reactions: 0

Weapons For New Maps ?

Post by nottmoto »

Okay guys I have about nine maps almost done two of them are maps that I was working on back in 2007 they should work for the way you guys play now with the 2 on 2 and 4 on 4 matches you do, an one of those maps you could even do 1 on 1.

I did remake two of the original SOF maps irqctf1 & nycdm4, the Irqctf map I made smaller and the NYC map I made into a CTF map. In both of these maps I left all the original guns and ammo cases where they were.

So what I want to know from you guys is what guns you would like to see more of in the maps, also how many ammo cases, C4 or grenades do you want in the maps.

Right now all the maps have shotguns and most of maps the player spawns on a shotgun.
Reactions: 5

Re: Weapons For New Maps ?

Post by Trekker »

map depending, weapons:

3, 4, 5, and 8 may be even 7
Reactions: 15

Post by Acadie »

Trekker wrote:map depending, weapons:

Yes. It depends on how the map are built. Big weapon such as 9, 10, 11, 12 are also good if the maps are played in other game type with other game type available. Don't forget health packages :smile:

Personally. I think it's better not having grenades on small maps, making more a grenade whore map than a frag map. Oh, Niko will disagree with my statement!
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

No armors, no nades, 2 small healthpacks. 1 shotgun per base, 1 smg, a sniper, hmg and magnun. 1 ammo case per weapon. Call it antinoobctf1

Post by Trekker »

Acadie wrote:
Trekker wrote:map depending, weapons:

Yes. It depends on how the map are built. Big weapon such as 9, 10, 11, 12 are also good if the maps are played in other game type with other game type available. Don't forget health packages  :smile:

Personally. I think it's better not having grenades on small maps, making more a grenade whore map than a frag map. Oh, Niko will disagree with my statement!
I HATE Big Weapons, we've had some fun with them when they use single shots rather than keeping the "finger on the trigger" why I disable phos on my servers, our Russian friend doesn't like that tho :D
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

Emirate wrote:No armors, no nades, 2 small healthpacks. 1 shotgun per base, 1 smg, a sniper, hmg and magnun. 1 ammo case per weapon. Call it antinoobctf1
Sniper is for noobs. I always agreed when Minato decided to remove sniper rifle from his mixed games. They ruin the gameplay of thrilled combat in SoF. People who take retarded pride in being a "pro sniper" in SoF like TT-Dutch and EF-Fabel for example deserves a one-way ticket to the banlist :)

Post by Trekker »

For me the trill is knowing there might be snipers out there.
I'll snipe the bastard chasing the flag carrier in a heartbeat ... or two :ninja:
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

Of course you resort to sniping: Your a canadian, a lagger. You would lose without a sniper rifle.

Post by nottmoto »

Emirate wrote:No armors, no nades, 2 small healthpacks. 1 shotgun per base, 1 smg, a sniper, hmg and magnun. 1 ammo case per weapon. Call it antinoobctf1
I like that idea and I will make it very small for 1 on 1 and 2 on 2 games :mrgreen:

There will be no sniper rifles in any of these maps they are all too small, even the IRQ map will not have a sniper rifle like the original because it's too small now.

I'm really asking more about the SMGs, HMGs, Machine Pistol and the Magnum.
Also do you want C4's instead of grenades? And I know to keep the numbers down to like two.

As for health packs and armored there will be plenty of both and every map will have eight spawn points per side for CTF and 10 to 12 for DM and TDM.

Post by 3klnk4jh »

Nottmotos maps are the best.

I really like [R&B]Kampgrounds, [R&B]Barn_Storm, UPS_Pac_Man_Eh and [R&B]Rad_Arena. I'm still running a server (UT 1995) with [R&B]Rad_Arena, but changed the weapons / pickups and disabled the kill-all triggers on the top level. I like limited ammo DM with all weapons, but in this case big weapons-only seemed more appropriate. I didn't put any weapons / pickups on the top level, because some campers would stay there. With just one way up, it's too hard to get to them, so the map would be even better if it had some ramps on the sides, or (even cooler) teleports.
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

Any update on the building progress? Are you still making them?

Would love to read/see the updates on Gotcha2016. or maybe Gotcha2017 dunno :-p
Thread: http://www.sof1.org/viewtopic.php?f=15& ... =20#p41466" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post by nottmoto »

I had a pc problem, but now it is fixed I got a new pc :biggrin:

Also I was having a lighting problem in Qurak but I'm going to work around it.
Right now I'm getting all the maps ready to test in a server before I give them to you all.
I want to make sure there are no problems in the maps.

and yes it will be Gotcha2016 and not 2017
:lol:
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

:clap: Jeeej :lol:
1bgmlx.jpg