Cannot install SOF: SE on windows 7 64 bit. Wizard fail.

General Discussion: SoF Community Forum.
Reactions: 0

Cannot install SOF: SE on windows 7 64 bit. Wizard fail.

Post by Neon »

Hey yall. I recently bought SOF: Special Edition (also known as platinum edition), and I'm having trouble installing it on my computer. I click the setup button, it launches some screen where I press install, and then it comes up with a little window that says something like "Wizard is installing" or whatever, it goes to 100%, and then just stops, and nothing happens at all. I tried running it in admin mode and using XP compatibility options, but to no avail.

I'm sure if I could actually install the game, I wouldn't have too much trouble getting it to work, but it's just refusing to install. Is there anything I could do about this short of finding a computer that still uses XP or something?

Re: Cannot install SOF: SE on windows 7 64 bit. Wizard fail.

Post by Fossil »

You should download the community version. Its the full game with fixes, maps and other extras. I dont think the old SoF installs work on Win7.

http://www.sof1.org/sofdownload.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post by Neon »

Wouldn't that be considered piracy?

I don't wanna get in trouble.

Plus, I still totally wanna play the special edition with all the bonuses and stuff.

I may just have to find some old XP computer somewhere.
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

The community edition is the platinum edition of SoF I believe so you don't have to worry about that.

Not sure about the piracy policies in your country but you've paid for the fact that you can use the SoFtware ( :ghehe: ), I don't think it's seen as piracy if you download that software (copying from the internet) instead of copying it to your pc from a disc (just like windows does. You pay for the windows activation key. Downloading windows is completely legal, cracking/using it without payment is what's piracy). The one who provides the download is a pirate though. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Evil4n (publisher of sof ce) already contacted raven/activision to ask if he could throw that shit online.

Also, i'm not a legal expert so don't pin me down on the above :mrgreen:
Reactions: 1

Post by MinatO »

Piracy lmao. At this point I wonder if Raven even remembers creating this game.
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

teh fuck is wrong with the "Portal » Board index » SoF Community » Support & Troubleshooting" section?

Post by Fossil »

Neon wrote:Wouldn't that be considered piracy?

I don't wanna get in trouble.

Plus, I still totally wanna play the special edition with all the bonuses and stuff.

I may just have to find some old XP computer somewhere.
Dont worry, its a 16 year old game no one gives a fuck. Plus you own the actual disc for the 0.000001% chance something did happen.
Reactions: 15

Post by Acadie »

Emirate wrote:The one who provides the download is a pirate though. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Evil4n (publisher of sof ce) already contacted raven/activision to ask if he could throw that shit online.
A few years ago, Raven made an event to bring a fresh memory of their old game product while streaming it live and they DID used the community edition to play online/offline.

If I remember, I think Evil4N even asked them in the chat box to have the source code of the game (could have helped much making an anticheat), but they refused as they weren't allowed to do such action.

Post by Emirate »

Acadie wrote:
Emirate wrote:The one who provides the download is a pirate though. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Evil4n (publisher of sof ce) already contacted raven/activision to ask if he could throw that shit online.
A few years ago, Raven made an event to bring a fresh memory of their old game product while streaming it live and they DID used the community edition to play online/offline.

If I remember, I think Evil4N even asked them in the chat box to have the source code of the game (could have helped much making an anticheat), but they refused as they weren't allowed to do such action.
RAVEN KILLED SOF
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

You guys forgot something. The developers from Raven Software thanked me live on webcam for the Community Edition. They said it saved them a lot of time. They used the Community Edition ;)

Neon wrote:something like "Wizard is installing" or whatever, it goes to 100%, and then just stops, and nothing happens at all.
Yep. You need to wait ~30 minutes and the setup will be finished. Trust me, I know that setup. But you should still use the SoF CE version, I doubt the standard setup still works...
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

Evil4N wrote:You guys forgot something. :blink: The developers :bored: from Raven Software thanked me live on webcam for the Community Edition.Image
They said it saved them a lot of time. They used the Community Edition ;)
Then bitchted about downloading 40 .wav files.

Neon wrote:something like "Wizard is installing" or whatever, it goes to 100%, and then just stops, and nothing happens at all.
Yep. You need to wait ~30 minutes and the setup will be finished. Trust me, I know that setup. But you should still use the SoF CE version, I doubt the standard setup still works...
Gotta pay them developers top dollar to stream. :wacko:

How can we forget that 'they'('developers') thanked you nooess this can't happen again.

Post by Emirate »

pls people, say sorry to evilan

sorry for forgetting evilan

Post by Evil4N »

Sauron wrote:Image
Unlike autistics like you Mike, there are people who are not ungrateful for the time spend I deliver to others. I know this surprises a guy like you.

Next time I won't remove your ip from the banfilter when Niko bans you, little prick.
Sauron wrote:Then bitchted about downloading 40 .wav files.[/img]
They used a older version of the SOF CE from another website, not my fault Shock sucks at SEO for sof1.org

Post by Emirate »

Evil4N wrote: They used a older version of the SOF CE from another website, not my fault Shock sucks at SEO for sof1.org
lol...this sentence alone makes it obvious you have no clue what you're talking about. Below a graphic which is similar to one my colleagues use. It's more than filling in some keywords
Spoiler:

anyway, placed 4th when looking for Soldier of fortune platinum download. Not bad for an ill populated forum with pirated software

Post by Evil4N »

Emirate wrote:
Evil4N wrote: They used a older version of the SOF CE from another website, not my fault Shock sucks at SEO for sof1.org
anyway, placed 4th when looking for Soldier of fortune platinum download. Not bad for an ill populated forum with pirated software
place 4 ? The link to download SoF CE 5.0 from 2012 is placed 3rd.

My point is proven.

Post by Emirate »

Evil4N wrote:
Emirate wrote:

My point is proven.
Even better. You've just unproven your point :mrgreen:

Post by Evil4N »

Emirate wrote:
Evil4N wrote:
Emirate wrote:

My point is proven.
Even better. You've just unproven your point  :mrgreen:
That link is from another site :wink:

Post by Emirate »

Exactly. Sof1.org is placed 4th, right after, surprise surprise, place 3.

Like I said, not bad for an ill populated forum.
Reactions: 1

Post by butcha »

Lol evilan stole others shit n put it in one folder calle sof ce.

Post by Evil4N »

Emirate wrote:Exactly. Sof1.org is placed 4th, right after, surprise surprise, place 3.

Like I said, not bad for an ill populated forum.
That's true alright.