Bigger HUD?

General Discussion: SoF Community Forum.
Reactions: 0

Bigger HUD?

Post by godzilla »

As the resolution for monitors increase, the HUD for Soldier of Fortune 1 becomes smaller and smaller to read.

Is there any mod that increases the size of the HUD? Jedi Knight has one and it makes the HUD much more readable at higher resolutions.
Reactions: 2

Re: Bigger HUD?

Post by Sauron »

Making the ".m32" files bigger probably wouldn't fix this, but I do recall Ctrl saying something like if there are accualy players with 4K+ screens he could make a updated SoFplus version.
Keyword here, Could..
Reactions: 0

Re: Bigger HUD?

Post by godzilla »

Sauron wrote:Making the ".m32" files bigger probably wouldn't fix this, but I do recall Ctrl saying something like if there are accualy players with 4K+ screens he could make a updated SoFplus version.
Keyword here, Could..
I'm on 1080p at the moment, so it's still barely readable. Main issue is the reserve ammo, which is really small. Still legible for now, but if I were to bump it up to 2K or 4K, it'd become impossible to read.

Since people are still playing, I hope someone comes up with one eventually, or at least scale up the current HUD. Soldier of Fortune 2 doesn't seem to have that problem for me.