Week 1: Review (IMPORTANT CHANGES !!!)

Reactions: 1

Week 1: Review (IMPORTANT CHANGES !!!)

Post by MinatO »

As you noticed, the 2vs2 tournament had a bad start last night.

One major problem was the following:
7-8 teams were online to play, but their opponents without backups had 1 player who didn't show up. This was frustating since the easiest solution would have been to let the other 7-8 teams, play each other, so they wouldn't have showed up for nothing. However, they were all in different groups (A/B) so it was impossible...

I've been thinking how to handle this, and i'm confident the following changes will resolve the issue of possible no-shows and a stable and most of all fun tournament:

*The 9week groupstage has been changed into a 3week-qualifier for the knockoutstage.
The "group/qualifier" stage will take 3 weeks. The knockoutstage will take 5 weeks. This means the total tournament will be only 2 months instead of the original 4 months. Out of 16 teams, 4 will fall after the group/qualifier stage of 3 weeks. This should lower the chances of dropouts in the middle of the season as Smoke explained in the fixtures topic. Teams will only have to play 3 opponents which will seed them for the knockoutstage. Games played by the 4 teams yesterday will already count ofcourse.
This will also weed out possible unreliable teams in the first 3 weeks so the knockoutstage will only have stable teams

*GROUP A & B have been merged into 1 group:
This change is a failsafe in case of no-shows. Teams could battle a different opponent who's online, but who they weren't suppose to play in the fixtures. This will count as the result and they don't have to rematch vs the no-show.

*The following teams have been removed from the tournament:
Pazey & Proxima, Julien & Djeje, Raptor & Guard, Genius & Cursoa, Junior & Drake.

-Pazey dropped out due to personal issues
-Guard never even reinstalled the game and hasn't been replying to mine or Raptor's PM's the past 10 days
-Genius never showed up and nobody knows how to contact him
-Junior dropped out because of personal issues.
-Julien is still UAC banned and apparently its impossible to create a new UAC account or play on your old one

*New teams have been formed with players from the deleted teams, who 100% want to play but had a noshow-partner:

-Drake & Djeje (Backup: Niko, Julien)
-Raptor & WD Murder. (Backup: Cursoa)

*The following teams need to get a backup by next sunday(week2) or will be defaulted in week 3, meaning tournament elimination:

-Smoke & Hippy (Backup: Dusty)
-Bundy & Shark (Backup: Evilan)
-Elda & Wucho
If people need help finding backups, contact me asap and I will deliver.

*All remaining teams who were unable to match due to opponents, need to play week 1 vs their new opponents as shown in the new fixtures

New Fixtures can be found here: http://www.sof1.org/viewtopic.php?f=267&t=2583" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
New Standings can be found here: http://www.sof1.org/viewtopic.php?t=2584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for reading and I apologise if you showed up for nothing last night.
Reactions: 0

Re: !!! IMPORTANT CHANGES !!! (ALL READ)

Post by smokestaH »

our backup is dusty.

Your format was kinda shit from the start, this was easy to predict. Still dont get why u want to run a 3 week PRE bracket tournament, for what? Just run double elimination and let everyone start in the upper bracket.

Post by MinatO »

smokestaH wrote:our backup is dusty.

Your format was kinda shit from the start, this was easy to predict. Still dont get why u want to run a 3 week PRE bracket tournament, for what? Just run double elimination and let everyone start in the upper bracket.
Your option was what I wanted to do, but games have already been played. Anyways, doesn't matter now, it's only 2 weeks until knockout starts anyways. If there's a second season, i'll drop the pre bracket/groupstage thingy.

Post by rotpar »

Couldnt make it this sunday, we didnt have a bakup player either which doest help

Post by MinatO »

rotpar wrote:Couldnt make it this sunday, we didnt have a bakup player either which doest help
Raptor, it alright for you if Murder replaces guard? Murder was available last sunday in case Guard didn't show up and he would love to play with you. I do recommend a backup though, perhaps somebody from CA since there are a few there who don't participate in the tournament.
Reactions: 6

Post by Fuckemup »

Looks better
+1

Post by Murder »

rotpar wrote:Couldnt make it this sunday, we didnt have a bakup player either which doest help
Noob.

Still work at Asda?
Reactions: 16

Post by Keifer »

]
Ask gunner.
Got steam raptor?