Week 1: Dope/Shinji vs Maker/Shark

2vs2 Results & Standings Forum.
Reactions: 2

Re: Week 1:  Dope/Shinji vs Maker/Shark

Post by Sauron »

CheaterSkeeter wrote:I dont even think makers demo works  :tongue:  can anyone confirm?
Does work here. it just takes 3/5min before it loads up.
After 2min the map changes.
This seems to happen on loop
2015-04-07_105750_920.png
Aren't demos suppose to be 1 map only?
Can't remember for sure but I was under the impression it would increase the risk of the demo not working.
Reactions: 0

Post by CheaterSkeeter »

I have forgot how old demos work :(..

http://sof1.megalag.org/sofplus/downloa ... _demos.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the demos addon for sofplus starts a new demo every map automatically, and more reliable (crashes / broken demos happen but less often)
]demos on
]demos off
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

ctrl said the record addon was not needed in sofplus. Already build in ?

Post by maker »

oh I typed in console "record maker1" in the end of first half when match was stopped at score-show, maybe thats the issue, right after map changed. It doesn't work for me

Post by CheaterSkeeter »

Evil4N wrote:ctrl said the record addon was not needed in sofplus. Already build in ?
spf_cl_demos.zip is listed under "Scripts / addons for current version"

the 'rec 1' 'rec 0' piece of crap made by me is obsolete and replaced by Ctrls version which is 'demos on' demos off'
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

maker wrote:oh I typed in console "record maker1" in the end of first half when match was stopped at score-show, maybe thats the issue, right after map changed. It doesn't work for me
There is a reason why certain things should be done like told. :wacko:

Post by maker »

Sauron wrote:
maker wrote:oh I typed in console "record maker1" in the end of first half when match was stopped at score-show, maybe thats the issue, right after map changed. It doesn't work for me
and i think admin should state that everyone should record themselves at the start of map.
Reactions: 1

Post by MinatO »

maker wrote:
Sauron wrote:
and i think admin should state that everyone should record themselves at the start of map.
I will do no such thing. I will not force players to record themselved and post them. Ill tell u why.

There are 24 participants and in the assumption that everyone delivers their demos that would mean there are about 20+ hours of footage to be watched and analysed every week. Whos gonna do this, you? I surely wont. And even if you did, you have no actual way of proving anything. I bet if you recorded the best players, all would seem dodgy at certain moments. These demos prove nothing.

Week 1 has already taught me that players are not capable of showing up on time or if theyre not able to play, not even, have the courteosy to inform anyone or try to rematch. In other words, ill be chasing a lot of people this season just to get all matches played. What if people dont post their demos? Im gonna have to chase that too? Sorry i dont got time for that as a working man.. And what if they dont? Hand out defaults? I dont think you have any idea how unrealistic your request is.

Having said that, i have ideas to soothe some of these paranoid minds and will make a statement later tonight once the necessary tests have been done.
Reactions: 1

Post by Ademk »

I only watched huso's demo for 2 mins to test it. Long time ago i watched with kadir his self made record. It's very boring to watch demo's btw

Post by maker »

MinatO wrote:I will do no such thing. I will not force players to record themselved and post them. Ill tell u why.

There are 24 participants and in the assumption that everyone delivers their demos that would mean there are about 20+ hours of footage to be watched and analysed every week. Whos gonna do this, you? I surely wont. And even if you did, you have no actual way of proving anything. I bet if you recorded the best players, all would seem dodgy at certain moments. These demos prove nothing.

Week 1 has already taught me that players are not capable of showing up on time or if theyre not able to play, not even, have the courteosy to inform anyone or try to rematch. In other words, ill be chasing a lot of people this season just to get all matches played. What if people dont post their demos? Im gonna have to chase that too? Sorry i dont got time for that as a working man.. And what if they dont? Hand out defaults? I dont think you have any idea how unrealistic your request is.

Having said that, i have ideas to soothe some of these paranoid minds and will make a statement later tonight once the necessary tests have been done.
approved. anyway we won't be able to play with shark next sunday again. shark can never play on sundays and starting from saturday i have night shifts in job so I'm available only up to 10:30pm CET