tip for similar SOF1 game

Any other games that you're interested in ?
Reactions: 0

tip for similar SOF1 game

Post by herrtod »

does anyone have a tip for multiplayer FPS game similar as SOF1
Reactions: 2

Re: tip for similar SOF1 game

Post by Sauron »

I liked the speed of http://store.steampowered.com/app/20621 ... e_to_Play/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
To bad matchmaking is fucked, get kicked for no reason (there is no rcon etc), 1 player = host, if you play with friends you can be in the one team and your friend in the other one...
Stopped playing because of all that and skill level is really low as though many players left and constantly new players cuz it's free.

I also enjoyed a fair bit of this http://store.steampowered.com/app/338170/Ratz_Instagib/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but it has the same problem as SoF1... lack of players.
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

I believe the unreal games still have somewhat of a playerbase. I never played it myself but heard it's pretty good if you like fast gameplay.

I don't think there is a game simliar to sof actually. The combination of speed, gametypes, weapons and especially bugs and exploits make sof unique. In most modern games they try to even the battleground. You jump as high as others, run as fast as others, there are only a few possibilities to approach the enemy, everybody plays the same spots and tactics, there's not much oppertunity for surprising plays, it's based more on aim instead of dodging attacks. There's a lot of tactical play involved and as an individual you have less oppertunities to make a difference.

Not saying it's bad, it's just different. What I personally liked about sof is the fast pace, continuous action, you have to be focussed for 20 minutes, everybodies sof is different which causes one to be quicker, the other one to be a steady aimer. Also the emotions you have when playing, especially when you're younger. Getting mad as fuck because you get camped, then have your sweet revenge when you get to camp the little shit back. The competitiveness was just great, some people going too far like cashing forums and shit :fp: but that's also what made it fun, the fucking drama, the trashtalk afterwards. I'm sure some people still hold grudges towards other players lol. In my opinion the game was just so much more aggressive in all of its aspects compared to the modern games and I think that's why people kept playing it.

Well, good luck finding that in a different game. Tell me when you found noe :mrgreen:
Reactions: 0

Post by herrtod »

I have tried a lot of different fps games but none of them like SOF....I think I'm too old :troll:
Reactions: 15

Post by Acadie »

It's more like Quake but still good. Available on Steam™