Hey lag-o-meter...

Owned somebody 1on1? Recorded a cheater? Post here.
Reactions: 0

Hey lag-o-meter...

Post by Proxima »

So I installed this game again a couple of days ago and gotto admit its way too hard to play sof like this, and the previous night I found out the hard way my wireless connection is pretty fucking useless to say at least. Just felt bad for my old sof buddy DoA who carried my lag-spiked ass all thru some 2s. But don’t let the second screenshot fool you, the man behind #1 ISYMS is a true legend. If you ever come across or hear the name DoA/Edd on the servers, fear him/respect him. Especially the newskoolers whom I bet have no clue who he really is. This man was a one man army wrecking machine in his prime and apparently still is.

Anyway I will be back for the next season firing a blunt force of non-laggy bullets to your skulls within a month or two when I’m on a proper connection. All depends how fast ima move apartment and if the game is still alive by then. Until then ima keep a break from post-humping this forum who has spawned a number of deformed, mutants like Drake and Evilan who are kept chained like two hillbilly animals at the sof1.org countryside. lulz

Pce out.
Reactions: 1

Re: Hey lag-o-meter...

Post by MinatO »

Did you try cable and compared the netgraphs?

Post by Huso »

Im sure that when u play with cable it will be much more stable, try that firt

Post by Fossil »

e[X]tinct 2000 BC (before Christ) HippY making his comeback soon, start bending over kids.

Post by Proxima »

MinatO wrote:Did you try cable and compared the netgraphs?
Huso wrote:Im sure that when u play with cable it will be much more stable, try that firt
I am well aware the meaning of a cable, but thing is I share some wireless thingy where I live now. But moving apartment soon so the problem should be solved within a month or two. Thx for the input though.
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

Do you have neighbours who excessively use the internet? I've had the same thing when both me and my neighbour put both our modems next to the shared wall and the wi-fi signal got tangled up resulting in packetloss and a slow connection on both sides. Also check if nothing is blocking the signal, like a washingmachine or microwave, those things can fuck up the signal too. In the first situation, just move your modem closer to your pc, or atleast away from your neighbours. In the second situation; get a cable as I guess you're not willing to push your furniture around just for a stronger signal :mrgreen:
Fossil wrote:e[X]tinct 2000 BC (before Christ) HippY making his comeback soon, start bending over kids.
Let's just hope he practiced incognito the past few years cause his last comeback wasn't really much of a succes

Edit: nvm, this explains alot
Proxima wrote: I am well aware the meaning of a cable, but thing is I share some wireless thingy where I live now. But moving apartment soon so the problem should be solved within a month or two. Thx for the input though.
Reactions: 6

Post by Fuckemup »

That is normal my old sof companion, my only tip for you :
Put netgraph 0, and start warping like a mofoker all over your enemies screen, make them cry hacks!
FUCK EM UP!

Your Graphics, blaaahhhh!
can't Believe i actually played like that... and 98 % Of sof is STILL (cmon) playing in this bad bad Graphics. (me doa hayo, minato only ones on high Graphics jolzzzlzlzlzljozl)

A serious question too some players in here :
Fluxy,Emirate,Huso,Proxima,Dutch + others ofcourse.

How do you even enjoy playing sof, with Legoland Graphics?
I mean putting Everything to minimum, is like watching "AntsWar" on a TV without signal.
Does this mean, that you guys dont really care about enjoying the game??
And just want to glory hunt in sof-2015?

If i would become nr1 sof player of ALL TIME.
I mean, i would smash varyat and Butch 2on1 without a fight.... and the only reason to become this good, was to swap the picmip to 10 (minimum Graphics) I prefer to uninstall it LOL

Do you even know why people starting using autoexec in the first Place????

Back in the day, when there was alot of shitty Connections/computers.
People tried to remove all Graphics to make the game faster for slower Connections/computers.

gl_picmip 0
vid_restart

try that guys, maybe you start enjoying the game for once :cool:

SOF1 BACK IN 99, WHITE TEAM WIN!

Post by Emirate »

I enjoy the game as I always played it, with autoexec. No need to change that :) The part of SoF I enjoy is the competition and the required combination of skills to win games, not the graphics. The moment I don't enjoy the game anymore i'm out, it's simple.

Sof looks decent when put to max graphics but I don't have the will to relearn aiming on a different resolution as graphics don't really mean anything to me in SoF. And we all know high graphics/textures look even worse than legoland at a low resolution.

To make a long story short: I do enjoy the game, a lot actually. Graphics are just not a part of the joy for me. I tried the high graphs but it was more of a disturbance for me than it was an improvement.

I hope this answers your question :unsure:
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

Jr's computer is so bad, that he still play SoF for the high quality graphics. I play games like BF4 for high graphics, not sof. Lmfao.

Post by Proxima »

Fuckemup wrote:That is normal my old sof companion, my only tip for you :
Put netgraph 0, and start warping like a mofoker all over your enemies screen, make them cry hacks!
FUCK EM UP!

Your Graphics, blaaahhhh!
can't Believe i actually played like that... and 98 % Of sof is STILL (cmon) playing in this bad bad Graphics. (me doa hayo, minato only ones on high Graphics jolzzzlzlzlzljozl)

A serious question too some players in here :
Fluxy,Emirate,Huso,Proxima,Dutch + others ofcourse.

How do you even enjoy playing sof, with Legoland Graphics?
I mean putting Everything to minimum, is like watching "AntsWar" on a TV without signal.
Does this mean, that you guys dont really care about enjoying the game??
And just want to glory hunt in sof-2015?

If i would become nr1 sof player of ALL TIME.
I mean, i would smash varyat and Butch 2on1 without a fight.... and the only reason to become this good, was to swap the picmip to 10 (minimum Graphics) I prefer to uninstall it LOL

Do you even know why people starting using autoexec in the first Place????

Back in the day, when there was alot of shitty Connections/computers.
People tried to remove all Graphics to make the game faster for slower Connections/computers.

gl_picmip 0
vid_restart

try that guys, maybe you start enjoying the game for once  :cool:

SOF1 BACK IN 99, WHITE TEAM WIN!
Naw dude, look at the lagspikes I’ve had on the game with DoA. How would it make any difference to put netgraph at 0? It would still be the same laggy shiznit. lulz

Anyway...

I bet 80% of all players through sof history have used an autoexec at some point. And tbh I have no idea why you’re rambling on about this trying to make a point. Because...Jr... seriously brah, you’ve played with an autoexec all the time I’ve known you. And suddenly in 2015 you put picmip 0 and start hypocriting everyone who’s ever used an autoexec. C’mon dude, whats the point in that? The only player out of the bunch you mentioned who I think always used picmip 10 is Hayo.

And how do I know this? Because when I joined .com we played a lot of matches together, and I remember him pushing that printscreen every single match we played and posting them at our forum. I even still have a few screenshots of his and they’re living proof he’s the high graphics guru of this game:

Nice screenshots btw, bring back lots of memories. Maximus aka (eC*K)Cyber in spec and .com*Él^RioT ex. (eC*K)RioT, .com’s kick ass defender. Shame he didn’t play much after .com died, but I remember I asked him to reinstall for our G revival in 2006, unfortunately he lost interest really quick, like lot of the oldies did back then. A bit harsh tho seeing our old sof buddy D~SS/Steve on the 2nd screen getting his head bashed in with [@] before he joined G and became really strong.

But truth be told Hayo was actually a solid player in .com. After .com died players went separate ways. I remember Blade and Zoomy quit the game for a while. Later on I’ve convinced them both to reinstall for G around 2007. Escuro went to WD, Hayo revived TT, but imo his skills went downhill. I have a lot of screenshots where I slaughtered TT with G in 2005-2007 and didn’t really reckon see him own much before around 2008 or something.

But like said before, all great players in this game have had its prime. I would say I peaked around somewhere 2005-2008. And I suppose me and Hayo both had our moments in .com. Although from my point of view Hayo and TT first became really strong around 2008 and up till now.

Post by Kad1r »

I know how it is to play like that, I had it for like a year man, its really impossible to hit what you want.

See you soon without lag. Cya

ps @Jr, im on high graphics aswell

Post by MinatO »

I've got default/high graphics as well. Always thought me, hayo and emirate were the only ones but saw emirates screenshots a while back and guess he was lying a few years ago lol

Post by Emirate »

MinatO wrote: guess he was lying a few years ago lol
I have played a few weeks with 'high' graphics a while back, but as I said: didn't like it (the high resolution is really fucked up with a screen smaller than 24") and it was more of a disturbance than it was an improvement. Thanks for the insult anyways...

Funny though how people talk about ''high graphics'' when it still looks aweful as fuck :p

Post by MinatO »

Emirate wrote:
MinatO wrote: guess he was lying a few years ago lol
I have played a few weeks with 'high' graphics a while back, but as I said: didn't like it (the high resolution is really fucked up with a screen smaller than 24") and it was more of a disturbance than it was an improvement. Thanks for the insult anyways...

Funny though how people talk about ''high graphics'' when it still looks aweful as fuck :p
If that looks awful, then how do maps look from those who use autoexecs?

Junior makes a good point, in the past people used do that because they had bad pc's/bad connections but I can hardly believe this gives you a lot of advantage ingame.

Post by Fuckemup »

MinatO wrote:I've got default/high graphics as well. Always thought me, hayo and emirate were the only ones but saw emirates screenshots a while back and guess he was lying a few years ago lol
What a mess, thats why i Point out his name aswell.... as i asked him in servers 2-3 months ago (not only him, was a few others there aswell all low Graphics accept me and DoA)
And he said, he Always used high Graphics too enjoy the game more and i react in the topic where he posted his screens. (LOWEST GRAPHICS U CAN GET) He said it was problary somebody using his name and tag, and that guy lied for me... lmfao x 10

Post by Emirate »

MinatO wrote:If that looks awful, then how do maps look from those who use autoexecs

Junior makes a good point, in the past people used do that because they had bad pc's/bad connections but I can hardly believe this gives you a lot of advantage ingame.
Even more aweful. But well, chosing between aweful and aweful isn't really worth the effort to me (again). It's just a matter of preference. I just explained twice in a row why I prefer the autoexec sof. Do you really want to read it again?

And no, it doesn't give you any advantage. It did 10 years ago when my pc barely reached 80fps with an autoexec but nowadays it doesn't make a difference performancewise.

If people like the way they play sof, why would they change it? I think that's a fairly good point as well. Or does high graphics sof boosts your sofrep nowadays? :ohmy:

Fuckmeup wrote: What a mess, thats why i Point out his name aswell.... as i asked him in servers 2-3 months ago (not only him, was a few others there aswell all low Graphics accept me and DoA)
And he said, he Always used high Graphics too enjoy the game more and i react in the topic where he posted his screens. (LOWEST GRAPHICS U CAN GET) He said it was problary somebody using his name and tag, and that guy lied for me... lmfao x 10
Here's Jr's magic hat again kids. Look what kind of repetative bullshit comes out of it this time :fp:

Post by Fuckemup »

And prox, i haven't used an autoexec for many years!
strange, that you knew me since when? 02,03?

And i Always used an autoexec since then... naw it was plenty of screenshots from 05-08 on old G forum were i pwnt in highest Graphics. But tbh, i swapped alot between the Graphics, as some maps gives me strange bugs in map on highest Graphics like jpn i get a pink-green big Line on blue armour so i put the Graphics down alil bit and its gone

@ Gayierate.
Emirate wrote:
Fuckemup wrote:
Emirate wrote:
Fuckemup wrote:Didnt you play with full/high Graphics u said? :ghehe:
I don't think I ever said that.

I did play without an autoexec on my laptop though as it crashed when I used the vid_restart command. But haven't played much games on it.
bs dude, i asked you and edd some weeks ago in a server.
Your response was 'Ofcourse i use highgraphics, too enjoy the game much more'
I don't think that was me mate...I've been playing with an autoexec since the day I found out those things excist. I've been sharing my autoexec to a shitload of people as well the past few months, would be a bit contradicting if I said I don't use an ae myself. Don't remember you asking that either, certainly not recently. Are you really sure it was me and not just some a-hole using my tag again? :dry:

Also a plausible option: I was sarcastic. Or we were playing bunnytrack on which I do use the ''high'' graphics so I can see the lasers :mrgreen:
Some A-hole named Dende used your name.... Used a NL Proxy to get your 15-20 ping and NL Logo to make up lies to me and Minato.
yeah,...right! You should hide inside my magic hat, as i don't make up lies.
Specially not to look kewl on a 15 year old dead ass game forum, im not like you...
and its not the first time i Catch you lying.

Post by Emirate »

:lol: Firing pelletshots full of nonsense trying to hit the sensitive spot? Nice tactics, read ''art of war'' by Sun Tzu?

Come back when you actually make sense. Till then, get some fresh air, get your bloodpressure and hormones down to a healthy level, we still need you to finish the sfl season.

Btw, what's up with the ''trying to act cool on a forum'' comments? Seen that alot lately, especially from the ''oldskoolers''. Was this a thing back in '79?

Post by Fuckemup »

No need to change the subject, Atleast try to defend yourself? You start to look like a mythomaniac and it did really look like I hit a nerve inside your anus once again?

No need to make up lies :(
You actually do hurt yourself, when you lying so much... lying is also not healthy for anyone.
Big/known doctors and professors all over the World say, :
" Lying on Daily basis can curse you alot of bad psycical diseases in the future. "

That is more important then showing up on sundays, to play a 20-man game with 6-7 clans.
maybe not? im worried about you Emirate. I really am :(
Im here for you, i'll help you out if you want, Before its too late.

No idea what they did talk about back in the 70's as i wasn't born then.
And no, didn't read that book
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

Continue your discussion in my match topic http://www.sof1.org/viewtopic.php?f=301&t=3715" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It needs more posts :happy: