Dust2004 Texture fix

Reactions: 2

Dust2004 Texture fix

Post by Sauron »

"missing" textures
mappack2012 fucked up dust2004.
this fixes that.

this won't happen anymore, instead it will look like regular dust/iraq etc.

You cannot download this trough SoF it self, well maybe you can but at somepoint it will hang on a wav file anyway.
SoF will try to download that sound file & fail but keeps trying to download a local file that does not exist.)

Cya MaD^Sauron.
Attachments
dust2004texfix.rar
(2.5 MiB) Downloaded 172 times
Reactions: 14

Re: Dust2004 Texture fix

Post by Evil4N »

Dude, you need to check that .rar file of yours, it contains files that is not even related to this fix of yours.

Post by Sauron »

Files are relevant to fix. :clap:
not all sound files are.

Post by Evil4N »

Right.

Anyway I checked the maplist of mappack2015 and it doesnt have map dust2004. This means mappack2012 could never had that map.
However Dust2004 appears in the bonusmappack that was separated after CE 3.0 version. bonuspack2012.pak.

And the original compilation of bonuspack2012.pak is from Minato's mappack. I simply merged his files and renamed it.
I checked the website soffiles, and they don't have this map at all. Weird.
Reactions: 1

Post by MinatO »

Sauron, can you post the map here as well?
Reactions: 0

Post by CheaterSkeeter »

MinatO wrote:Sauron, can you post the map here as well?
The map is also in the .rar file
Reactions: 4

Post by Nijogeth »

Yes, finally. Remembered this map, but never managed to get it completely. Now i can finally check this map out again. If im correct its a really good map.

Post by MinatO »

Installed the files on MP servers. Perhaps it works if users download them from the server.

Tested the map btw, looks good even though the texture in the road is kinda ugly.
Reactions: 16

Post by Keifer »

Sauron is correct about the sounds but i have bonuspack so it dont matter.

Post by MinatO »

And can you share that bonuspack keifer?

Post by Evil4N »

Heya, http://www.sof1.org/mappack.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reactions: 3

Post by JulIEN »

good map shame it was forgotten for a long time

mappack2012 Texture

Post by Sauron »

dm/snowblind (missing textures)

1,59GB map pack has more than 400 corrupted .m32 files.
Spoiler:
it also has missing tuxtures(.m32)\sky(.txt+.m32)\ghoul(.tga)

making a package to fix this, yet I can't find some.
plz check if you have a valid version of the file.

list moved to 2nd page.
Last edited by Sauron on 14 Jan 2017, 19:00, edited 11 times in total.

Post by 3klnk4jh »

Most of the big map packs have corrupt files. I had mentioned that before: Check for the orange icons: While working on the Sofplus client http downloads, I had to put 100% correct downloadable files on my server. I found out that most map packs are crap.
Renamed maps, violated redistribution licenses, removed readme files and corrupt .bsp, .wav and .m32 files. And probably other corrupt files too, but the scanner I made can only detect those three types.

Figuring out what's correct and what not was frustrating and I couldn't find original downloads for a lot of files (only the crap in the map packs), so I gave up and didn't release the http download version.

Post by Sauron »

Have been using that as source that is where I got the orange icon from :p.
Sometimes I was in luck and could find the .m32 with out an icon.
Maybe players still have valid versions in there sof folders.
If i wanted to check the packaged I made mainly containing .m32's how would I do this?

Post by nottmoto »

I should have all the R&B textures that are missing and some of the NOS & Rdam ones too.

Do you want me to send them to you Sauron ?
Reactions: 15

Post by Acadie »

Sauron, I am a little bit confused with the errors marked in red inside the spoiler list

An example of what I mean:
ctf:dm/kks_shottymadness_2 Ghoul :GHOUL/OBJECTS/UGANDA/ROCKET_ENGINE/ENGINE2 not found
--> This skin never existed and when I checked the map, it's not even declared to be printed as second skin (engine2.tga)

ctf:dm/hypnosnipe2 missing textures facility/d_metalsmooth.m32
--> This map never use this texture at all and it say that its missing?

ctf:dm/us_warehouse_fv Missing texture /[lol].m32 can't find valid version
--> What do you mean by can't find valid version? There's only one version of it and it's in the root textures folder which is the good directory.
---> By the way, [lol].m32 is the face of Bin Laden LOL!!!

[maps which contains] Ghoul :GHOUL/OBJECTS/GENERIC/TABLE_ROUND/TABLE not found
[maps which contains] Ghoul :GHOUL/OBJECTS/GENERIC/FORKLIFT/FORKLIFT.tga not found...
--> Sometimes, people create their own skin and apply into some skins that went removed before the final release of the game. It's possible too that some might not realize that these are non-existent.

Post by Evil4N »

3klnk4jh wrote:Most of the big map packs have corrupt files. I had mentioned that before: Check for the orange icons: While working on the Sofplus client http downloads, I had to put 100% correct downloadable files on my server. I found out that most map packs are crap.
Renamed maps, violated redistribution licenses, removed readme files and corrupt .bsp, .wav and .m32 files. And probably other corrupt files too, but the scanner I made can only detect those three types.

Figuring out what's correct and what not was frustrating and I couldn't find original downloads for a lot of files (only the crap in the map packs), so I gave up and didn't release the http download version.
Try https://gamefront.online/files/listing/ ... of-fortune" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for the mappack... they are all based from Minato, and Minato got them from soffiles I guess.

Post by Sauron »

Acadie wrote:Sauron, I am a little bit confused with the errors marked in red inside the spoiler list

An example of what I mean:
ctf:dm/kks_shottymadness_2        Ghoul :GHOUL/OBJECTS/UGANDA/ROCKET_ENGINE/ENGINE2 not found
--> This skin never existed and when I checked the map, it's not even declared to be printed as second skin (engine2.tga)
Went to check pak0.pak and it is from the gold version. engine.ifl & forklift.ifl & table.ifl have more lines forklift.tga
forklift2.tga
forklift3.tga
table.tga
table2.tga
maybe raven wanted to make more or animated but didn't after all. anyway it's fixed. thx.

ctf:dm/hypnosnipe2                missing textures facility/d_metalsmooth.m32
--> This map never use this texture at all and it say that its missing?
I've made a error. this one shouldn't be here.
ctf:dm/us_warehouse_fv                Missing texture /[lol].m32                         can't find valid version
--> What do you mean by can't find valid version? There's only one version of it and it's in the root textures folder which is the good directory.
---> By the way, [lol].m32 is the face of Bin Laden LOL!!!

If there is a corrupted .m32 SoF will try to load it. resulting in "Can't load *.m32 (invalid version)" being printed in console.
So what I mean is that I can't find a non corrupted version of bin laden. :ghehe:
in the root of textures, in mappack or user? either way could you upload this.

[maps which contains] Ghoul :GHOUL/OBJECTS/GENERIC/TABLE_ROUND/TABLE not found
[maps which contains] Ghoul :GHOUL/OBJECTS/GENERIC/FORKLIFT/FORKLIFT.tga not found...
--> Sometimes, people create their own skin and apply into some skins that went removed before the final release of the game. It's possible too that some might not realize that these are non-existent.
I am aware of this.
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

3klnk4jh wrote:I found out that most map packs are crap.
Surprise surprise. Not trying to be a smartass here but I thought this was common knowledge :mrgreen:

So is the map dust2004 btw