[Altenative fixes] SIB2, IRQ3a

Reactions: 15

[Altenative fixes] SIB2, IRQ3a

Post by Acadie »

A major bug will happen with these two maps when your PADD meter is at max (making too much noise). Your game will freeze for a moment and then crash without notice. After digging it, the bug turns out to be caused by one enemy in the map which is all the female enemies in SIB2 and one specific dog in IRQ3a and one specific HMG enemy in GER1. It happens when they are in motion of attacking you and yet, this isn't clear if it's really the case. I have no clue whatsoever of why or how they are making it to crash but its good to know now that they are the cause of the problem.

To make the game playable without the fear crashing because the plane was too loud. All I did here is a simple hex edit to:
- replace all female enemies (m_sib_fguard2) to male enemies (m_sib_mguard1).
- remove entirely the naughty dog (m_x_rottweiler).
- remove entirely the raider guy (m_ger_mraider1)

Make sure to put these map in your ../user/maps folder.

NOTE: For those who know that I am hosting a coop server using the Single Player maps. This "fix" version will not work and so you'll need to use the original version instead. You will receive a message saying something like "the map differ from local server".

NOTE 2: Never mind GER1. It happened to crash on me once with the removed enemy. I'll remove the file because it doesn't serve enough proof to call this a "fix".
Attachments
sib2.bsp
(5 MiB) Downloaded 164 times
irq3a.bsp
(4.66 MiB) Downloaded 172 times
Reactions: 15

Re: [Altenative fixes] SIB2, IRQ3a & GER1

Post by Acadie »

I made an edit because I forgot GER1 had an issue too. Your PADD on this one doesn't have to be at max which confuse me a bit more to know why it does that.