8 New Maps

Reactions: 0

8 New Maps

Post by nottmoto »

OK here are 8 new maps, some are conversions of old maps and some are brand new for SOF.
I tried to make them small because of the lack of players that are still playing.

All maps have 8 CTF spawn points, 10 DM spawn points and one of the maps have 12 DM spawn points.
All maps have the players spawning on shotguns accept NYC4CTF 2016 and IRQCTF 2016 because I wanted to keep the weapons that the originals had and where they had them.

Yes, there are new custom textures in the maps please try them with the textures on at first.
Also, IRQCTF 2016 was my way to make fun of those players who said they didn't know which side was Red or Blue.

Download the map pak here:
HERE

Everything is in the pak file I hope there are no problems just let me know if there are any problems and I will try to fix them.
Reactions: 2

Re: 8 New Maps

Post by Sauron »

Last edited by Sauron on 20 Dec 2016, 18:49, edited 2 times in total.
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

Imagine running after drake or hayo on pacman :upshake:
Reactions: 3

Post by JulIEN »

Very nice job for yours maps! All are amazing but Gotcha s really nice with others textures
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

Emirate wrote:Imagine running after drake or hayo on pacman  :upshake:
Pretty sure Hayo's running skills failed him in the last couple of seasons against my team (MP, Z, VM) :cool:

Post by Emirate »

Evil4N wrote:
Pretty sure Hayo's running skills failed him in the last couple of seasons against my team (MP, Z, VM)  :cool:
Pretty sure no one gives a shit
Reactions: 15

Post by Acadie »

deathalley2016: Looks hard to reach the flag :blink:
deathroom: I always liked maps from other games
diebrary: Oh, man. The details are well made
gotcha2016: Similar to the other gotcha. Like an updated version. Some jumps are fun to bunnyhop
hcbunkerctf: Is this map originally DM??
irqctf_2016: Looks good for 3vs3 (or more)
nyc4ctf_2016: How often i've seen this map modified for different gametype :lol:
pacmanctf: I very like it. All these corner (even if we can stay on walls). Also, there's no armor :mrgreen:

Post by Evil4N »

Emirate wrote:
Evil4N wrote:
Pretty sure Hayo's running skills failed him in the last couple of seasons against my team (MP, Z, VM)  :cool:
Because EF doesn't care, yeah I heard that before. Inbefore a rulechange to win the season.

Post by Emirate »

Evil4N wrote:
Emirate wrote:
Evil4N wrote:
Because EF doesn't care, yeah I heard that before. Inbefore a rulechange to win the season.
Nah, because you have a shit personality everyone stopped giving a shit about. But I guess you heard that before as well.

Post by Evil4N »

Emirate wrote: Nah, because you have a shit personality everyone stopped giving a shit about. But I guess you heard that before as well.
People stopped caring when SFL-Staff became shit :zzz:
Reactions: 4

Post by Nijogeth »

Evil4N wrote:
That was because of my defending (no use in running flags back to base if I allow everyone to take it). Although I do remember a game in which we did win vs your team
http://www.sof1.org/viewtopic.php?f=311&t=3692" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post by Evil4N »

Your right about that maroc match.

Craneo and Pazey failed to bring a flag home, they were useless that day. I as defender had to cap a flag instead.

Post by 3klnk4jh »

Nice maps. I like your changes of UPS_Pac_Man_Eh to create PacManCTF. The extra stairs and the black top of the maze are big improvements.
With QeffectsGL and lots of bloom it really feels like playing pacman on an old arcade with CRT screen :)

Post by nottmoto »

I'm glad you guys like the maps, for those of you that have not seen or played the new maps here a video of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LewoShb ... e=youtu.be

Yes, Acadie the hcbunkerctf was originally DM, I just made it a little bit bigger on the sides for the CTF version.

Also, I might have 4 more maps ready in 3 or 4 months
:mrgreen:

Post by SIDOX »

hey nottmoto, do you have steam??

Post by nottmoto »

SIDOX wrote:hey nottmoto, do you have steam??
Not right now why?

Post by SIDOX »

just like to have some oldschool sof players. was also gonna ask, u been keping touch with warrior or scooby. and never knew what happened to peterRdam

Post by nottmoto »

SIDOX wrote:just like to have some oldschool sof players. was also gonna ask, u been keping touch with warrior or scooby. and never knew what happened to peterRdam
Well, I play Battlefield 1 mostly as for The Warrior I have not talked to him in like 5 or 6 years so I'm not sure what happened to him.

The last time I talked to Scooby was about a year ago and if I remember right he doesn't really play anymore.

As for Pete I asked the same thing when I came to the forum and this is what I got:
Kruq wrote:Peter Rdam lives in Rotterdam (Netherlands) he works and smokes and playing other games :p

Post by SIDOX »

yeah i play bf1, but rarely. not a bad game. would be nice if there was an sof remake, like what they are doing with quake champions.

hahaha lol, well thats good to know. he had alot of good map ideas aswell. good peoples
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

SIDOX wrote:like what they are doing with quake champions.
After the majorly failed fiasco called "SoF:Payback" don't get our hopes up :tongue:
Gotta say though was really hoping "Quake Champions" would be my next best SoF1 fix.

What is your go too game for that SoF1-'fix/feeling' ? (besides Quake(live)/Unreal Tournament)

Which currently is "Gotham City Impostors" (is free on stream) but the kick in le shambles
  • Lobbies are hosted on players pc's
    no dedicated servers\no serverlist
    Ingame voice-chat is binded to V which a lot of players press without noticing, muting those players has to be done in Esc-menu or in lobby(only if you are fast enough if teams get made it will fuck up the selection thingy).
    Skill level is all over the place mostly only level 300/1000 are worthy opponents. (The ones that have mouse acceleration off and have decent aim are really easy to spot.)
    Oh and for some reason on win8/10 etc there is a lot of audio problems.
Overall fun game sucky made to a point it becomes a drag to launch let alone play.
I pitty the fool that payed $/€40+ for this now F2P game.

For sometime "Ratz Instagib" (also on steam not free though) was my go to for that SoF1-fix.
But that didn't last long though. It was free for 1 or 2 weekends and only shortly after that there would be players.