SOF 2015: The Bold and the Beautiful

General Discussion: SoF Community Forum.
Reactions: 1

Post by MinatO »

First I want to say that all the people mentioned in this post are for the purpose to outlign the historical context here. I do not dislike or hate anyone. Do not feel offended please. This is meant to be an amusing read for everyone and maybe even a lesson for some.

I'm writing this post because first of all, this forum is the only gamesite thats not blocked at work SOF1 is not recognised as a game in our software and secondly, well this forum needs some activity which ironically brings me to the context of this post.

Few months ago I saw a post from Proxima in which he basically wrote "Every time I come back to SOF1, the game is more alive, you should thank me you fucking cretins."
I giggled a bit because honestly, he wasn't completely wrong in that matter.

Let me explain:
Ever since the decline of SOF activity in 2006 and yes I know many would say it was already in 2002 when SOF2 was released, however, the real decline in my opinion is where it went completely downhill to the point where only 8-10 clans were left and struggled to survive, clans started recruiting people for the sake of simply having a team to play with on sundays.
It's similar to The Great Depression except that it will never end.

Back in the days it was 1on1 tryout on jpn or 2 weeks trial. If they didn't know you, you were a nobody and u could only join MAD, GT, KOD or some other low tiered teams. (no disrespect for the remaining MAD fellas, you know I was once a MAD member during that time hehe)

For years since then, we've had this influx of leagues because everyone thought they could do better and things were corrupt blablabla. Eventually Evilan managed to take down enough sites to retire Welsh and the local hillbillies of Wales.

The thing is, the leagues or its staff have never been the problem. Everyone can post a goddamn fixture, standings and play on sundays. It's about a more fundamental issue, and that's actually playing the goddamn game.

You know who has been playing the game for years and never left? Guys like Fluxy and Fabel.
You know why? Cause these guys almost never come on the forum and that's the best advice I could give anyone. Have you ever heard of any drama where they were part of? I haven't and i'm sure they enjoy the game more than anyone.

It has come to the point where there's a very clear repeating cycle of drama:
1. Every year one or multiple oldskool players return and everything explodes in multiple topics. Oldskool vs Newskool.
"Man you remember back in 2000 when I was the shit? You remember Mephisto? You remember Klone? Damn those were the days yo. Nowadays these newskooler aint shit son, i just hustle up some butcha smoke and prox and we got this man."
Summarised this has lead to the same players and clans leaving half a dozen times.
It always has this taste of flame between the newer and older generation. It always leads in a clan being formed that consists of Junior, Proxima, Pazey, Craneo, MinatO, Butcha or a mix with these players. It also usually ends in a newskooler (Drake for example) being recruited who is more active than of these older players and then eventually the clan dies because the older players don't like the newer players or got beaten by a clan that consists of newer players and then X blames Y for being shitty and than Z+X start a clan and Y+W start a second clan so they can flame and beat clan Z+X. You still following guys cause it confuses me too sometimes.

2. Every year the French and Swiss players remake their clan. I call them the Fantastic Four because that's basically the entire memberlist in each clan they've created or recreated: Julien/Drake/Djeje/Niko. My favourite was MOD. Until today i'm still not sure if they ever heard of that clan or just randomly came up with it.
I also suspect it will become the Ginyu Five in the foreseeable future. Adem aka Kartal aka Tilt meets all the criteria so.
Unfortunately when you put 2 dickheads in the same butthole, it never ends well.
What's sad about their storyline is that these are actually nice guys but communication issues, egos, bad tempers and other players making a mockery out of them has to lead to their destruction countless times. I must admit, i've been part of that mockery for which I apologised a few months ago.

3. Every year Evilan returns as the rehabilitated Ted Bundy. Every time it starts of nice and you think "Oh he finally he grew that pubic hair, got a girlfriend and became mature", seeing as he has nice ideas, let's him do this thing alright?" Give him some forum rights, a superimportant staff position and it's all good to go. Unfortunately he can't handle the difficult and complex community. Put him in a server with Proxima, Maker, Junior, HayO, Niko and Julien and before the end of the day, at least half will be banned.
I also fear that Hades' scooter death in 2004/5 has damaged him so much that he lives in this world where TCL was responsible for all his wrongdoings. We should be thankful in his mind. He is the Alpha and the Omega of SOF1. The JOR'EL of Krypton. The Master of the Universe and we should all obey his downsyndrome mentality.

4. Every year Proxima returns and flames insanely hard for 1 month straight and then dissapears mysteriously. Isn't this strange? Is he in prison when he's absent? I thought that was Junior?

5. Every year MP returns. That's true, it's just a cool name and MP Time was the coolest clanleader. Hate it or love it son and every time we go for that big SFL prize, that achievement we post in our MP section. We all live and breath MP Time's Legacy.

These are just a handful of examples but you get my point.
What's interesting about all this, is the fact that everyone thinks "if all this drama goes away, the game would be more fun and active".
The thing is, i'm not so sure.
Every time one of these drama ends, the servers are more empty than ever. Like literally.

As much as we hated or mocked players or clans, each and everyone has had an essential part to SOF1's activity.

Isn't it hilarious? Are we unknowingly the characters of the Bold and The Beautiful?

Reactions: 0

Re: SOF 2015: The Bold and the Beautiful

Post by Fossil »

the funny thing about the oldskool vs newskool is that it was a joke. I logged onto MSN and i saw a link to a SOF forum in Evilans name, SoFEXT or some shit. I checked it out of curiosity and it was the same old shit forum layout prob copied from clanplay. I am not one of those that is too lazy to register so i thought i give them +1 user and i post a joke thread OLDSKOOL > NEWSKOOL containing one screenshot from like 2001. I would reply with shit like "Oh here a screenshot with legendary german player Pain <screenshot here> shit like that. I even msg'd Hippy to post a comment or two for fun, altho i knew he would post that dust2002 screenshot of his. Anyone with half a brain would know its a joke (even u, minato didnt because i remember i had to PM u telling u it was a joke), im taking the piss, heck even IF i was serious, the fuck u care? So easily attacked, Evilan enters the topic like a Mall Cop, stick and pepperspray ready. The thread blew up, views and replies more than all other threads combined. He deleted it, duh. I mean altho thats Evilan and he will do that shit till the end of time but come on, loosen the fuck up and laugh a little.

Its not like i have to say SoF 2000 > SoF 2012, think that is pretty obvious. :troll:

Altho i dont think (hope) Evilan is like this in RL, i sometimes get the feeling he auditioned for the part of Evilan the SoF mongoloid and he stayed in character after production ended. Type TCL in a topic and Evilan will show up saying how Thom fucked him with a strapon.
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

So that's what keeps people busy these days

Post by butcha »

Fluxy cries everytime he loses, xcept he does it in game not on the forums lol

Post by Persian »

Fkn flux.

Post by fluxy »

blame me :fp:

Post by Dante »

LMAO. MOD was just a troll my god... We wanted to piss off Smoke.

Post by Fossil »

Dante wrote:LMAO. MOD was just a troll my god... We wanted to piss off Smoke.
I thought that :redface: . When i joined the server once like weeks/months ago Powah joined right after with the [MoD] tag on, i think he was looking for a reaction but i told him he had the wrong colors :lol:

Or u just thought the tag looked cool from one of the MoD screens i have. But nah, what are the odds u simply thinking of [MoD] yourself with (almost) the same colors as the original? Very unlikely.

Post by skaven »

MinatO wrote:Ever since the decline of SOF activity in 2006 and yes I know many would say it was already in 2002 when SOF2 was released
Yeah, that was when =CW= moved on to win everything in SoF2. :troll:
Reactions: 2

Post by Picard »

didn't read lol
dmd
Netherlands

Post by dmd »

Fuck off ecto scum hipster.

Post by MinatO »

Oh god not Shady. SOF1 is like a game of whack-a-mole. Each time you hit 1 mole, another 1 pops up.
Reactions: 4

Post by Nijogeth »

Picard wrote:didn't read lol
Evilan is gone and the old TCL staffmembers can return 1 by 1.
Reactions: 2

Post by Picard »

So nothing has changed I see :)

Post by Dante »

Minato ? you seriously think we are the victims on this game ? Mate you don't get it. We had our best videos games moments on SOF. Julien/Djeje/Niko/Me when we came on this game. We was just a bunch of noobs and tbh there wasn't many nice people to meet. I always found it funny you guys call the swiss Frenchies, it always showed your lack of knowlegdes :p

Never again call me a victim my friend Minato. Your pathetic mockery never did anything to us, we are what ? nice guys ? LMAO FUCK OFF. What do you mean by"mockery" ? Is posting a picture of niko on this forum a mockery ?
It's funny you think you guys made our clans destroyed. Since it was always THE SAME player again and again who fucked up everything ( Niko ).

What are you trying to do here my friend ? We are devils and you angels ? We have ego, bad tempers but what about you guys ?

Your " mockery" always been entertainment for us. Even this retarded Niko didn't give a shit bout it lol.

Post by maker »

shut up frenchie

Post by Dante »

Oh hi Maker, still alive !?

Post by maker »

yez