Searching for the first release CD

General Discussion: SoF Community Forum.
Reactions: 5

Re: Searching for the first release CD

Post by Trekker »

Thanks to both of you Shock and Sauron, I needed to try running a private tracker form "home".

I had couple guys download from me and finished the night with 3 seeds! the bastards must have turned the system off over night.

Yes, IMb upload translates to around 122KB/s I used to be able to push 10 times that.
If few people jumped on together, it would have taken few minutes for speeds to keep increasing.
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

Shock :ghehe: seed?
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

Trekker wrote:Thanks to both of you Shock and Sauron, I needed to try running a private tracker form "home".

I had couple guys download from me and finished the night with 3 seeds! the bastards must have turned the system off over night.

Yes, IMb upload translates to around 122KB/s I used to be able to push 10 times that.
If few people jumped on together, it would have taken few minutes for speeds to keep increasing.
I can download/seed if it helps you...just pm me what i need :mrgreen:

Post by Sauron »

:clap: Might aswel download trough UDP/dail-up 10/20 kB/s
thanks anyway for continuing seeding.
as soon as it's done I'll upload it to http.

Post by Trekker »

Emirate wrote:
Trekker wrote:Thanks to both of you Shock and Sauron, I needed to try running a private tracker form "home".

I can download/seed if it helps you...just pm me what i need  :mrgreen:
Thanks, here is the .torrent, it is private and not like public trackers.
Sauron wrote::clap: Might aswel download trough UDP/dail-up 10/20 kB/s
thanks anyway for continuing seeding.
as soon as it's done I'll upload it to http.
You must be doing something wrong as I don't see you even connected, make sure you use the second .torrent I sent you.

You should get at least 120KB from me alone!
Soldier of Fortune 1.03.torrent
(16.59 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

Post by Emirate »

Downloading now...7kb/s :mrgreen: This is gonna take a while...
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

high-seeder to the rescue !

/edit: first I have to download it... 3.2 kB/s
Reactions: 0

Post by Fossil »

I installed my SoF CD yesterday just to see which version it is, it does show in game right? Anyway when i loaded the exe i got the SoF has stopped working msg. What was the fix to make it run on Win7?
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

there we go. 1.2 mb/s upload :cool:

Fossil wrote:I installed my SoF CD yesterday just to see which version it is, it does show in game right? Anyway when i loaded the exe i got the SoF has stopped working msg. What was the fix to make it run on Win7?
ref_gl.dll is faulty. Replace it with the one from Community Edition.

Post by Sharksk »

Evil4N wrote:there we go. 1.2 mb/s upload  :cool:

Fossil wrote:I installed my SoF CD yesterday just to see which version it is, it does show in game right? Anyway when i loaded the exe i got the SoF has stopped working msg. What was the fix to make it run on Win7?
ref_gl.dll is faulty. Replace it with the one from Community Edition.
nice upload, ive got 90kB/s lol
Reactions: 6

Post by Fuckemup »

Doesn't matter wich sof download you download nowadays as all of them brings you right into 1,07 patch/version.
Gold(1,06) and original (1,03) is all time gone by now mate. Back in the days you had to upgrade your 1,03 to gold version then platinum 1,07 by yourself.... install patches from soffiles.com :)

Post by Trekker »

Emirate wrote:Downloading now...7kb/s  :mrgreen:  This is gonna take a while...
Strange only Shock could get above 100KB from me! But even at my current max upload, it would have taken close to 2 hours without more leechers. Thanks for jumping in.
Evil4N wrote:high-seeder to the rescue !

/edit: first I have to download it... 3.2 kB/s
Thanks Evil4N that was great help.

Funny thing is I be getting my 10 Mb upload back by end of this week and soon Shock be uploading it to the site ... let's just blame Sauron :biggrin:
Reactions: 8

Post by ShocK »

Post by Trekker »

Thanks Shock.

Since this is up, I'll be bringing the Tracker down.

Thanks to all who helped out, this is what community is all about.

Don't even think bout a group hug tho ... fags :rolleyes:

Post by Fossil »

Fuckemup wrote:
Doesn't matter wich sof download you download nowadays as all of them brings you right into 1,07 patch/version.
Gold(1,06) and original (1,03) is all time gone by now mate.  Back in the days you had to upgrade your 1,03 to gold version then platinum 1,07 by yourself.... install patches from soffiles.com  :)
Nah i just installed my SoF original CD to see which version it is. Because on the CD itself it says V112 no idea what that is.

@Evil4N that didnt work. HALP!

Post by Fossil »

Well it worked by installing SoFPlus but does SoFPlus have the patch updates included?

Rip.

Post by Trekker »

SoFplus uses it's own "sof.exe" so the answer is yes.

The purpose of this was to "experience" 1.03 as it was.

I used Windows XP mode module last I remember (Win 7 Pro and up) which is a virtual machine.

I can test using another system with Win 9X or XP and report back but this might take few days.

Ideally, you would want to try it out as is with no patches no ref_gl.dll... which is what Sauron was after ... there is no "impossible". I just don't remember what I did with WON Network and I do have a CD key somewhere (no longer have the "case"

I will try later tonight time permitting and report back

Post by Sauron »

Trekker wrote:SoFplus uses it's own "sof.exe" so the answer is yes.

The purpose of this was to "experience" 1.03 as it was.

I used Windows XP mode module last I remember (Win 7 Pro and up) which is a virtual machine.

I can test using another system with Win 9X or XP and report back but this might take few days.

Ideally, you would want to try it out as is with no patches no ref_gl.dll... which is what Sauron was after ... there is no "impossible". I just don't remember what I did with WON Network and I do have a CD key somewhere (no longer have the "case"

I will try later tonight time permitting and report back
installing xp at old notebook.

Post by Emirate »

Well...guess i'll stick to the newer version :mrgreen:

On a sidenote: I can't seem to get the demo working which was posted by evilan. When I open the .exe and click install the installation screen just disappears...

Post by Persian »

Trekker wrote:Hmmm, mine has no version on the CD any where. I think I have few of these, at least 3, have to dig them up.

I copied the CD to a folder and RARed it, then uploaded it to Persian Uploader http://sayna.nl/uploader" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but don't see it there?! SOF103.rar 632,228 KB.

Wonder if it requires his blessing before it goes "public"

It is also possible it timed out, I was uploading it using a 1Mb upload. Couple weeks from now I go back to 10Mb up.

If my upload didn't work, I will make an ISO off the CD and upload it elsewhere, this way, the folder's date will be kept the same.
no blessing needed. Perhaps a server side limit?