windows 10

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
Reactions: 14

Re: windows 10

Post by Evil4N »

Fossil wrote:i upgraded to windows 10 but my sound suddenly didnt work anymore, 'no drivers installed'. So i went on the Creative website to download win 10 drivers but there wernt any at the time (2 weeks ago) "coming august 2015". Good thing there is an option for you to switch back without any problems. Drivers came out 2 weeks later but yeah it looked decent but the start menu really pissed me off for the few mins i was using it. I dont understand why they have to fuck with it.
Imo it is possible to force drivers for win7 to load on windows 10. Your soundcard would still work :inform:
Reactions: 0

Post by Fossil »

Yeah i've seen the extra folders on C: but yeah i've only heard positive things about win10, that its alot faster than win7 etc. I do like win7 tho, nothing wrong with it. I thought about deleting the left overs but on the other hand i thought i just leave them incase i did upgrade to win10 again, so i dont have to download everything again. But i really hate the menu in win10.
Reactions: 6

Post by Fuckemup »

HOW DO I CHECK INGAME WHAT SOFPLUS VERSION I HAVE
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

Fuckemup wrote:HOW DO I CHECK INGAME WHAT SOFPLUS VERSION I HAVE
menu spm
left corner click the + logo and wait.
Reactions: 5

Post by Trekker »

Okay Evil4N, you like it the hard way :) As the person who has to endure installing this crap on many systems and troubleshoot it, I had to try both, clean install worked EVERY time.

@Fossil, do yourself a favor and read the "Microsoft’s 12,000-word, 45-page terms of use agreement"
There are at least 13 issues that you need to address immediately and some "opt out" are only currently possible with third party help.

If you use pirated games or anything as I have for as long as I remember, MS can block it (this was changed and I haven't read about it)

If you like your main home OS to be more like your Smart Phone (the added "Start Menu" and all on the bottom are an APP, just like your phone's app) then go ahead.

Use Windows 8.1 drivers first (if exists), then 8 before going all the way back to win 7 drivers.

When I was testing early releases of 10, the free upgrade was meant for 8.1 only, and now, they are PUSHING it to Win 7 license holders (over 500 million sold and MANY none legit)

This is good enough reason to "approach with caution" ;)

To all: For me to not be able to access the advanced "settings" easily and once there, change preferences, is unacceptable.

I was happy to see most command line calls are still there, some have changed names but Windows update UI has been removed, used to be "wuapp" but loads of others are still available.

This is important because the "desktop/ Start Menu" app, does break often in Windows 10 on some systems and I didn't just try this on my own system, so far the numbers of Win 10 install on new/ old systems by me has reached 3 digits ;)

YOu guys making me late to get to Toronto .... bastards ....
Reactions: 6

Post by Fuckemup »

Version 2015/05/31. So that can't be the wrong sof plus either.....
you know what i just give up fuck this buggy old game, not worth the stress :)

Post by Fossil »

Trekker wrote:Okay Evil4N, you like it the hard way :) As the person who has to endure installing this crap on many systems and troubleshoot it, I had to try both, clean install worked EVERY time.

@Fossil, do yourself a favor and read the "Microsoft’s 12,000-word, 45-page terms of use agreement"
There are at least 13 issues that you need to address immediately and some "opt out" are only currently possible with third party help.

If you use pirated games or anything as I have for as long as I remember, MS can block it (this was changed and I haven't read about it)

If you like your main home OS to be more like your Smart Phone (the added "Start Menu" and all on the bottom are an APP, just like your phone's app) then go ahead.

Use Windows 8.1 drivers first (if exists), then 8 before going all the way back to win 7 drivers.

When I was testing early releases of 10, the free upgrade was meant for 8.1 only, and now, they are PUSHING it to Win 7 license holders (over 500 million sold and MANY none legit)

To all: For me to not be able to access the advanced "settings" easily and once there, change preferences, is unacceptable.

I was happy to see most command line calls are still there, some have changed names but Windows update UI has been removed, used to be "wuapp" but loads of others are still available.

This is important because the "desktop/ Start Menu" app, does break often in Windows 10 on some systems and I didn't just try this on my own system, so far the numbers of Win 10 install on new/ old systems by me has reached 3 digits ;)

My version isnt even legit (i've never had a legit OS). The moment i upgraded it told me i wasnt using a legit version. When i switched back i had to apply the 'crack' again so that it thinks i have a genuine windows :troll: .

I guess i will delete the leftovers and stick with Win 7.
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

lol

fucked up

Post by Night »

Fossil wrote:
Trekker wrote:Okay Evil4N, you like it the hard way :) As the person who has to endure installing this crap on many systems and troubleshoot it, I had to try both, clean install worked EVERY time.

My version isnt even legit (i've never had a legit OS). The moment i upgraded it told me i wasnt using a legit version. When i switched back i had to apply the 'crack' again so that it thinks i have a genuine windows  :troll: .

I guess i will delete the leftovers and stick with Win 7.

Say nothing !