SoFplus Server Version 20130322

CheaterSkeeter Great Britain
Reactions: 0

SoFplus Server Version 20130322

Post by CheaterSkeeter »

http://sof1.megalag.org/sofplus.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ctrl has released the server version with Dende's slide fix in :)
ViTi Network / Gaming-Solutions.com are NOT allowed to use SoFplus versions newer than 20121030
on their servers. Contact me [Ctrl] at sof1@megalag.org to ask for permission.

Changes in version 20130322

- Changed the description of sp_sc_on_change in the manual
- Removed anti-lag cvars sv_no_big_ents, sv_flash_big_ents and sv_max_ghoul_mp from example dedicated.cfg
- Modified client skin validation code
- Added sp_sc_cvar_find, sp_sc_cvar_copy_latched, sp_sc_cvar_replace and
sp_sc_file_find command
- Configurable gamespy master server
- Updated example scripts
- Allow prefix in front of map names for use in custom _sp_sv_on_map_end and _sp_sv_on_map_rotate functions
- Added slide fix. Fix created by Dende.
Nijogeth Zimbabwe
Reactions: 4

Re: SoFplus Server Version 20130322

Post by Nijogeth »

ViTi Network / Gaming-Solutions.com are NOT allowed to use SoFplus versions newer than 20121030
on their servers. Contact me [Ctrl] at sof1@megalag.org to ask for permission.
May i ask why that is?
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success and enjoy your victory!

Post by CheaterSkeeter »

they are known for selling 'french' servers under the assumption that you will be getting a lithuanian server (or something). But with the new sofplus they can change the server's ip, and get away with fraud now. Maybe Ctrl can explain it better.

They just have to promise to stop defrauding people, then they can use it :angry:
Keifer Great Britain
Reactions: 16

Post by Keifer »

Infairness that's probably best but did anyone confront ViTi networks yet?
ShocK Great Britain
Reactions: 8

Post by ShocK »

I take it this has been sent to Vitinetworks? Nobody here has access to install this on their servers.
Keifer Great Britain

Post by Keifer »

It's hereby disallowed by said developers so we can't really request it.
It's in their right to disagree with ViTi's rather un-genuine behavior - I'm sure it's because SoF is probably put on that server along with any other old school style of games they host, un-popular, low hassle.

It's their choice of servers although it's false advertising considering you basically get what you pay for.
It's lucky, quite a few people don't mind the servers - i wouldn't say they're that great but my connection isn't anymore so i'm not much of an accurate judge.

I will talk to Vicky about this and see why or what unless someone has already emailed her.
We've kinda known about this for a couple of months, i wonder if anyone did talk to her.
ShocK Great Britain
Reactions: 8

Post by ShocK »

Yeah I know it's been requested but it's all a bit odd; we know but does Vitinetworks know? Say I request it, is it upto me to find out if Viti has asked permission? Do we have to tell them to read this notice first even though there's nothing written on ctrls actual site?
ofc this is all easy seeing as there's only a handful of people involved, but at the same time we all know what Viti is doing regarding their servers and won't fall for the con.
Keifer Great Britain

Post by Keifer »

The sofplus versions don't usually get updated unless i tell her on release - i probably would of done it with this version if it wasn't disallowed.
I'll get to the bottom of it, its cool - if you'd like to join in the conversation :D Sure.

Post by CheaterSkeeter »

the notice is inside the readme.txt btw http://sof1.megalag.org/sofplus/sofplus ... 130322.txt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;